EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

To all of THP -

Wanted to make the forum aware of a couple things. As we have said, this is going to be a different GD. We have already communicated this to the team but wanted everyone following along to know as well. We have asked the members of Team THP to bring their own clubs. As we get closer to the event I/we become less confident in our ability to deliver the experience we would like to in regards to clubs. While we would mostly be ok on heads from our side, many of the components are still a challenge for us and to expect to deliver them in a. couple hours when some things we would have to get from suppliers, just did not think it would be a world. class experience. We will still be fitting the team and getting them the clubs prior to launch wherever possible but the team will not have them all for the rounds....most likely. Hopefully this is not the case but figured the option of having clubs was better than something they either were not fit for or missing clubs.

And, hopefully this will eliminate one of the excuses we always hear as well......."we were playing with brand new clubs"

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

To all of THP -

Wanted to make the forum aware of a couple things. As we have said, this is going to be a different GD. We have already communicated this to the team but wanted everyone following along to know as well. We have asked the members of Team THP to bring their own clubs. As we get closer to the event I/we become less confident in our ability to deliver the experience we would like to in regards to clubs. While we would mostly be ok on heads from our side, many of the components are still a challenge for us and to expect to deliver them in a. couple hours when some things we would have to get from suppliers, just did not think it would be a world. class experience. We will still be fitting the team and getting them the clubs prior to launch wherever possible but the team will not have them all for the rounds....most likely. Hopefully this is not the case but figured the option of having clubs was better than something they either were not fit for or missing clubs.

And, hopefully this will eliminate one of the excuses we always hear as well......."we were playing with brand new clubs"

This won't take away from the experience at all, but appreciate the heads up Jason!

I know that with the world we are living in currently, supply chain is an absolute nightmare.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone gets fit into, whether they get the clubs before the event starts or not.

You guys are in for a helluva ride.

To all of THP -

the fact this is still happening amongst the external crap going on is amazing. I’m sure Callaway will figure out how to make the experience The best it can be. Can’t wait to follow along.

To all of THP -

we all appreciate how hard you and your team are working to still deliver an unforgettable experience. thank you for everything you do for this event and our community.

To all of THP -

I’d play with sticks and rocks with a chevron on it just to get to have this experience, can’t thank all of you from Callaway enough for continuing this with all the outside circumstances. I am truly grateful for this opportunity and can’t wait to meet all of you guys at HQ and ECPC. Once again Thank You! so much for this and all you have put into this to make it happen.

To all of THP -

We know that you will deliver a world class experience. Everyone understands the supply chain issues and will make the most of anything that comes. All we can say is thank you @JasonFinleyCG and everyone else at Callaway as well as THP. I would love to share all the stuff that Finley has done behind the scenes to prepare for because I know they are working their tails off for The Grandaddy to be as ready as possible. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity and won’t take it for granted

All I read was there are little to no excuses for on course photos, unless something changes. Let's all go have some fun in the next couple weeks fellas, and feel free to live update the heck out of the rounds.

To all of THP -

Thankful for everything that’s being done to even make this happen for a regular group of internet golfers. Regardless of the equipment we will or won’t have when we are there, this is world class and so is everyone at Callaway and THP for doing what you guys do!

One week to go time!!

To all of THP -

Appreciate the transparency here; think we are all just glad the GD is happening again

All I read was there are little to no excuses for on course photos, unless something changes. Let's all go have some fun in the next couple weeks fellas, and feel free to live update the heck out of the rounds.

There still may be some <redacted> stuff in the bags remember, just not a full bag. 😁

To all of THP -

looking forward to the Zoo Crew excuses!

the GD guys are all looking forward to this, no matter what equipment we play, the excited and amazement will happen no doubt.

that said, I’m so excited to bring the Austin back to the motherland, to hopefully see its creator!

To all of THP -

Doesn't matter what clubs play. We are just grateful this event is back and this crew will make sure it comes back next year.

To everyone at Callaway and THP, thank you for everything you do to make these events possible.

To all of THP -

A completely understandable ask given the challenges everyone is dealing with these days. Doesn’t dampen my expectations one bit. Totally grateful to be a part of this experience and looking forward to a memorable Grandaddy.

Even with the above mentioned by @JasonFinleyCG I can only imagine they have quite a few surprises in store for this crew. The product presentation should still be done, the fitting at ECPC, the tour of Callaway HQ which is amazing!!!! There are just so many things that are going to blow your mind.
I have said this before, enjoy it, embrace it and just soak it all in. There will be tons of info to absorb and the views along are amazing.

Even with the above mentioned by @JasonFinleyCG I can only imagine they have quite a few surprises in store for this crew. The product presentation should still be done, the fitting at ECPC, the tour of Callaway HQ which is amazing!!!! There are just so many things that are going to blow your mind.
I have said this before, enjoy it, embrace it and just soak it all in. There will be tons of info to absorb and the views along are amazing.
We’re all ready to embrace everything we have in store!! Such a phenomenal opportunity that I don’t think I can truly appreciate right now

That’s what I was excited about! We can get some on course action shots and videos!

1638108888800.jpeg

i can’t believe we’re down to single digit days!!!
The anticipations gets hard to handle from now to next week. So glad this is finally happening for you guys.

Clubs are all washed up, packed up and ready to go.

My nerves (not so much for the golf, but for the Hideaway pro shop) are at an all time high. LOL.

I'm beyond excited for everything and anything they have planned for us.

So excited for you all! Its been a long wait and now its your turn soon! I am sure Callaway and THP will make this an experience you will never forget!

Back