CONTEST 2021 NFL Draft Contest and Thread

He said he would resturcture if they extended him, just like Brady and Mahomes did they got more money and extended. The guy just won MVP and went to an NFC championship he should have some bargining chips since they just gave him the contract like a year or 2 ago.

Except he has balked at every approach they have had. They screwed up last year by not at least telling the guy that they were going to draft the young QB. He has acted like a child since then and with each approach, he shuns it away. They have been working on a long term deal and continue to make offers and each one is shut down. The timeline looks like this based on what we know.

They asked to restructure to bring in the help Rodgers requested.
He said no, not without an extension and long term deal.
Agent flew there to get it done. They offered an extension and long term deal.
Rodgers rejected it.

He has a 38 million dollar cap hit and that is just too much when you demand the resigning of the highest priced OL in the league.

The best part of this whole mess...Nobody knows how Rodgers will act and see it through, but the Packers can't trade him do to dead money unless the player coming back has a pretty monster salary...OR restructuring happens. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Except he has balked at every approach they have had. They screwed up last year by not at least telling the guy that they were going to draft the young QB. He has acted like a child since then and with each approach, he shuns it away. They have been working on a long term deal and continue to make offers and each one is shut down. The timeline looks like this based on what we know.

They asked to restructure to bring in the help Rodgers requested.
He said no, not without an extension and long term deal.
Agent flew there to get it done. They offered an extension and long term deal.
Rodgers rejected it.

He has a 38 million dollar cap hit and that is just too much when you demand the resigning of the highest priced OL in the league.

The best part of this whole mess...Nobody knows how Rodgers will act and see it through, but the Packers can't trade him do to dead money unless the player coming back has a pretty monster salary...OR restructuring happens. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Screwed themselves you signed him on a big contract then didnt tell him you were trading up to get a QB to replace him. I thought they never offered an extension just a restructure and he told them to kick rocks. Rodgers is whiney and I don't like that.

The Packers have ALL of the chips here. All of them. He has two choices, he can play or retire. He's too expensive to trade, he's a $31m cap hit in 2021 if he's traded and $17m if traded in 2022. Rodgers signed that contract. Rodgers isn't restructuring to take less money. He gets to play it out or retire and sit out a year.
He has all the chips because he tears this cap a new one if he just sits. He is garanteed the money because they again screwed themselves so they want a restructure. I want to see how this turns out because it is a mess.

Screwed themselves you signed him on a big contract then didnt tell him you were trading up to get a QB to replace him. I thought they never offered an extension just a restructure and he told them to kick rocks. Rodgers is whiney and I don't like that.

Why is drafting a QB a replacement, but for every other position its considered depth?
Rodgers didn't seem to mind being drafted in the first round by the Packers when they already had Favre.

And yes they did offer an extension according to both Schefter and Rappoport

The Rodgers saga could very well effect how I vote at this year’s shareholders meeting 😆

The Rodgers saga could very well effect how I vote at this year’s shareholders meeting 😆

Its pretty telling what fans think when the number one searched items in WI areas last night was Love instead of Rodgers. They are over it

Its pretty telling what fans think when the number one searched items in WI areas last night was Love instead of Rodgers. They are over it
My biggest thought really isn’t even football related. I just don’t want to deal with multiple years of this like Favre nonsense. A bunch of young guys said it perfectly at the draft last night - I’m here 100%. That’s all I ask.

Why is drafting a QB a replacement, but for every other position its considered depth?
Rodgers didn't seem to mind being drafted in the first round by the Packers when they already had Favre.

I think because they didn't tell him and traded up. He fell to them and they would have been crazy not to. Also he just signed his big contract in 2020 with an extension so he thought he had it like that. Rodgers has always been whiney and some of it I get because until 2018 or so he never had a big time RB, and so on. He has always just been that guy and it has been funny, but he has complained like 4 or 5 times they never took a WR or big time offensive player in the 1st round and put pieces together for him to win right away and always for the future and he took it personal about Love because he wanted more to win now and they drafted his replacement instead of giving him something. He wanted when they ask Brady and Mahomes and other what they want. Even Tua got to give input on which WR Miami took yesterday because he thought Waddle was better supposedly.

Rodgers screwed Rodgers... Just like Brett screwed Brett...

He has all the chips because he tears this cap a new one if he just sits. He is garanteed the money because they again screwed themselves so they want a restructure. I want to see how this turns out because it is a mess.
The Packers are out $30m of their salary cap no matter what. They want Aaron to play. Aaron is the one that doesn't want to be a Packer. If he means it, he needs to retire and sit out. Otherwise, he's a Packer for the next 2 seasons.

Can confirm, judging by my social media, the fanbase here isn't on Rodgers side with this. Packers fans dealt with a whiny old quarterback before. This is old hat for many.

The Packers are out $30m of their salary cap no matter what. They want Aaron to play. Aaron is the one that doesn't want to be a Packer. If he means it, he needs to retire and sit out. Otherwise, he's a Packer for the next 2 seasons.
And because it is all guaranteed money he can sit and they have to pay him. He holds a lot of chips here. I think they should trade him and I think the Raiders will spend the money because the Raiders do stupid crap all the time. 49ers called on him too the day before the draft to inquire.

Some incentive not to move Rodgers yet.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I can’t stand these QBs or any position saying I want out and try to force a trade. I was the biggest fan and supporter of Wentz, but he forced his way out. We know Watson is trying to force his way out, but has other issues. R Wilson said he wants out and now Rodgers.

These are the highest paid players and if they want better players around then to protect them better or win more, then don’t push for 40 million a year contracts. Take 20 million or close and spread things out for the team cap wise. Restructure each year when it’s necessary and support the team. The QB is going to be around for years after all the other players are retired or moved on when a team gets that franchise guy

Just can’t stand this cry baby stuff hearing from QBs. They are players and too bad if a team drafts their replacement or another QB. I don’t see any other position cry as teams are drafting those replacements each and every year.

Back to draft picks.

Why do the Dolphins always take the injured/injury prone guys?

Waddle, Tua, Parker, Phillips(and I am a Miami fan), and others. What is the draw to guys that cant stay healthy being the pick?

During the Vikings Bud Grant era, Grant would tell his staff of the old NFC Central, "Let's just hang around until everyone else screws up.''
Maybe that's what the Packers are doing with Rodgers, screwing up, and the Vikings, Bears and Lions are willing to move ahead of them.

This is really a great point and it never gets raised. The one position where an injury could destroy a season even if only for a number of games is quarterback. Quarterback goes down and you dont have a solid backup to fill in at least temporarily if not for the season most teams would be in trouble. Was worried all last season if Josh Allen were even to miss a game or two the Bills would be in trouble. When they signed Mitch Trubisky i thought if Josh Allen had to miss a game or two we might have a backup we can win with. Hopefully it never comes to that but i think its a good move to sign or draft a quality quarterback for depth.

This is really a great point and it never gets raised. The one position where an injury could destroy a season even if only for a number of games is quarterback. Quarterback goes down and you dont have a solid backup to fill in at least temporarily if not for the season most teams would be in trouble. Was worried all last season if Josh Allen were even to miss a game or two the Bills would be in trouble. When they signed Mitch Trubisky i thought if Josh Allen had to miss a game or two we might have a backup we can win with. Hopefully it never comes to that but i think its a good move to sign or draft a quality quarterback for depth.

I think it was the series of events and that they never drafted for NOW to win always for the future and that is why they are always 1 or 2 pieces away from winning because its always for the future. He signed his big contract in 2020, then the move up in the 1st and draft a QB without telling him, and didn't get what he wanted. Also Love wasn't even his backup in 2021 it was Boyle.

I think it was the series of events and that they never drafted for NOW to win always for the future and that is why they are always 1 or 2 pieces away from winning because its always for the future. He signed his big contract in 2020, then the move up in the 1st and draft a QB without telling him, and didn't get what he wanted. Also Love wasn't even his backup in 2021 it was Boyle.
The year before they drafted Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre and the Packers won the NFC North and were 10-6 with a top 3 offense in the NFL.

Now he has an issue with it...Showing his true colors to fans, which some have known for years.

The year before they drafted Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre and the Packers won the NFC North and were 10-6 with a top 3 offense in the NFL.

Now he has an issue with it...Showing his true colors to fans, which some have known for years.
I’ve always disliked the way he shows up his receivers. I don’t care who’s catching (or dropping) the ball, this is a team sport. Although at the same time, I absolutely love the video of Peyton Manning screaming at Jeff Saturday knowing full well he could break him in half 😆
1619807653798.gif

3D026B6D-EC52-412C-98F0-4742269CFF7E.jpeg
I thought this was funny... And I’m a Saints Fan.

Im not referring specifically to the Packers im referring to all teams particularly teams with good quarterbacks that are contenders. Its always been obvious you need a solid backup. Go back to the Bills and Frank Reich. They invested a third round pick in him and it worked out. Depth at quarterback is important and better teams in particular picking later in even the first round might be wise to invest in someone who could come in if need be, be a quality backup and possibly someday become a starter. AEA5D349-D49C-477A-B938-8944329D54B1.jpeg

Different circumstances though. Rodgers fell to them at 20 I think it was, they actively moved up and grabbed a QB. Rodgers is always whiney though so they had to know it was going to come to something. They have dealt with him and his cry baby ways 16 years.

Different circumstances though. Rodgers fell to them at 20 I think it was, they actively moved up and grabbed a QB. Rodgers is always whiney though so they had to know it was going to come to something. They have dealt with him and his cry baby ways 16 years.

You're right, Rodgers was picked 24th, Love was still sitting there at 26th :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back