2021 Ogio Bag...Return of the Woodē System

Somebody needs to come up with a basic golf bag with MOLLE straps all over the outside, and a variety of pouches you can buy. Then you could configure your golf bag however you wanted to, and look tacticool at the same time. :LOL:

October Golf Gear did that, and apparently it didn’t gain any traction. Their website looks sketchy as all get out now, and there are few options left for purchase.

I can’t figure out why so many people swear by the original Woode top, and I don’t see the appeal of this one either. That’s probably just my OCD, though. I need a dedicated slot for each club. If my 7 iron somehow ends up to the right of my 6 iron things have gone horribly wrong.

Somebody needs to come up with a basic golf bag with MOLLE straps all over the outside, and a variety of pouches you can buy. Then you could configure your golf bag however you wanted to, and look tacticool at the same time. :LOL:
MOLLE is the system, PALS is the webbing! grumblegrumblegrumble

Subtle Patriot bags have some webbing loops but I want to see a bag covered with it! loops on the bottom, inside, never know when you'll need your IFAK and pistol pouch :ROFLMAO:

MOLLE is the system, PALS is the webbing! grumblegrumblegrumble

Subtle Patriot bags have some webbing loops but I want to see a bag covered with it! loops on the bottom, inside, never know when you'll need your IFAK and pistol pouch :ROFLMAO:
I stand corrected, you're right.

I could really get into a nicely made golf bag like that, with pouches that attached securely and were designed specifically for golf stuff. A modular bag would be awesome, you could configure it one way for walking, another way for push carts, another for range sessions, or go all out for a full-on cart bag when you wanted to bring the whole house along with you.

This system looks solid...but id still take a nice 14-way top over this any day.

Didn't know anything about golf and ended up with the original Woode Ogio by chance when I started. I was confused trying to set up my bag when I would look at friends' bags but it now makes so much sense I don't see how I could ever switch. Especially after arranging my girlfriend's cart bag.

My bag still has a lot of life in it but this is great news.

The plastic top looks hideous. Apart from that the bag will be solid. They layout is gold. Hopefully the plastic top looks better in the flesh.

The WoodE top was great I enjoy my 2 bags with them. Not a fan of the golf ball slots. Only reminds me how many golf balls I’m losing. Filling that thing up every 4-5 holes only to sail the money away in the tree. Cannot deal with that kind of negativity

This is what I see when I look at the top.

It’s like one huge iron cover! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that the woode system on this has room for 15 clubs. Great for testing or bringing an extra club along, alignment rods, ball retriever, superspeed sticks, orange whip etc

I have a woode bag currently and it's fine but i don't get the overwhelming love for it. seems like theyve made the putter well less purpose built on this one.

are the club openings just rubber? I am not sure I am a fan of that. You need something softer for composite shafts.

Glad to see them bringing the Woode system back, but not super in love with the top. Woode was my favorite carry bag system for sure. I'd have my D/3W/3H/4H going down the left side there, with the putter in the top two club spot. Never been a huge fan of the ball silo but do like the quick access ball pocket.

I can’t figure out why so many people swear by the original Woode top, and I don’t see the appeal of this one either. That’s probably just my OCD, though. I need a dedicated slot for each club. If my 7 iron somehow ends up to the right of my 6 iron things have gone horribly wrong.
It works much better this way IMO:

1608221450491.jpeg

Because some of us don’t want 14-way.

are the club openings just rubber? I am not sure I am a fan of that. You need something softer for composite shafts.
Nah, they’d be just fine. Bet it’s a soft rubber, only way that hurts a shaft is if you’re doing things you shouldn’t be anyway

Those were nightmares for a club reviewer.

I wanted to like the silencer, but got really frustrated trying to "lock" the clubs in the slots. I think full length dividers would go a long way to solving that issue.

Love Ogio bags. And I'm glad they are bringing back the Woode top. Very cool

So worry about the 1%. Sounds genius.
Oh, I’m sorry that I’m worrying about my own personal preference. How dare I!

I wanted to like the silencer, but got really frustrated trying to "lock" the clubs in the slots. I think full length dividers would go a long way to solving that issue.
It was a great idea, but poor execution imo. Totally agree on the dividers.

Back