2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

Of everything that is out right now, a T300 5-G (I’d Iove to split at 9 and do T200 9-G) with Recoil 95s.

I haven't swung any of them yet. I still really like the looks of the T200 but the T300 would probably fit me better.

How often do you hit a 5i, and what percentage is off the fairway vs. off the tee? Ballpark.

i hit it twice today. once out of rough, the other off the tee into a long par 3.

i like a 5i off the tee, and as a layup on a par 5. i almost never have to hit it into a green.

i hit it twice today. once out of rough, the other off the tee into a long par 3.

i like a 5i off the tee, and as a layup on a par 5. i almost never have to hit it into a green.
So no T200 possiblity there?

Agreed, can’t see it lasting much longer
Should we start an over/under in number of days until order date?

Should we start an over/under in number of days until order date?
I'll take the over, whatever it is. His presence in the GC3 thread, and all his talk of being a good boy makes me suspicious of his true Titleist intentions.

I'll take the over, whatever it is. His presence in the GC3 thread, and all his talk of being a good boy makes me suspicious.
Both purchases could put you close to 9 G.

Let’s return the conversation to the irons. Thank you.

Let’s return the conversation to the irons. Thank you.
You’re cutting with a very fine scalpel.

So no T200 possiblity there?

i come back to my current set. the longer i have this set, the more i loathe the feel and turf interaction of my current 5i (and 6i). so i think i’d just rather have a full set of t100S first.

i come back to my current set. the longer i have this set, the more i loathe the feel and turf interaction of my current 5i (and 6i). so i think i’d just rather have a full set of t100S first.
Okay. Sorry for the roundabout question path, but that's what I wanted to know/hear you commit to. Did you hear yourself say it out loud? No going back now! :p

Was curious where you were at because you played and liked the Mavrik Pros, that have a very similar sole as the T200, and have said you liked the consistency of the T200. It's interesting that you're more feel and turf over forgiveness in that spot now. 👍

Okay. Sorry for the roundabout question path, but that's what I wanted to know/hear you commit to. Did you hear yourself say it out loud? No going back now! :p

Was curious where you were at because you played and liked the Mavrik Pros, that have a very similar sole as the T200, and have said you liked the consistency of the T200. It's interesting that you're more feel and turf over forgiveness in that spot now. 👍

it’s just knowing how i won’t let myself play what i need to play. now you’re making me go back to ponder a full set of 200. 5-g. sigh

Reactions: J4U
it’s just knowing how i won’t let myself play what i need to play. now you’re making me go back to ponder a full set of 200. 5-g. sigh
One thing about the 200s that I have noticed, now that I have a few rounds under my belt, is how easy they are to launch. I have hit most of the player distance irons and these seem about as easy as any of them. Maybe it simply is my swing right now, but it has been notable.

One thing about the 200s that I have noticed, now that I have a few rounds under my belt, is how easy they are to launch. I have hit most of the player distance irons and these seem about as easy as any of them. Maybe it simply is my swing right now, but it has been notable.

i saw the same thing in my short testing. 200 launched 1* higher, and spun about the same as 100S. for my game, i NEED that launch.

i saw the same thing in my short testing. 200 launched 1* higher, and spun about the same as 100S. for my game, i NEED that launch.
This is why I mention it. I know that you look for launch. The 200s seem like a match made in heaven in the mid irons.

Anyone with the t-200’s in bag care t comment on how the back of the iron handles chatter? I saw pictures where it looked like the finish chips off?

One thing about the 200s that I have noticed, now that I have a few rounds under my belt, is how easy they are to launch.

I did notice it during my fitting, too. The T200 launched ridiculously easy even on crucially thinned shots (I dare to say, they were close to being skulled). It was close to

Seeing balls launch the way they did and the feeling of moving the club yet was somewhat "too easy" for me. That's why I pulled the trigger on the T100S... which are anyways way sexier :love:

Anyone with the t-200’s in bag care t comment on how the back of the iron handles chatter? I saw pictures where it looked like the finish chips off?
Could you send me a link to those pictures? That would be really interesting :oops:

I have seen no chipping at all on my 200s at all.

Reactions: MH

Good question and here is what I can say. Our tech studio irons have seen no chipping at all. They have seen the course a couple of times, the 7 and 8 iron have seen the course more than a handful. One of the guys at my club, who carries his bag, and is pretty rough on his clubs, has some serious wear on them.

It makes sense due to the material used, and I have not seen them in a few weeks, but they looked like little thin scratches, throughout, almost like swirl marks and such on a car.

Good question and here is what I can say. Our tech studio irons have seen no chipping at all. They have seen the course a couple of times, the 7 and 8 iron have seen the course more than a handful. One of the guys at my club, who carries his bag, and is pretty rough on his clubs, has some serious wear on them.

It makes sense due to the material used, and I have not seen them in a few weeks, but they looked like little thin scratches, throughout, almost like swirl marks and such on a car.

but not like plating chipping off or bubbling?

Mmmm maybe I will need an iron cover for my 4 iron? 🤔😂

but not like plating chipping off or bubbling?
The picture I was referring too showed what appeared to be chipping/flaking. Nothing major but was noticeable

The picture I was referring too showed what appeared to be chipping/flaking. Nothing major but was noticeable

i don't love that. i'm ok with scratches and dings; irons are repeatedly slammed in the ground, it's gonna happen. but i don't want to see plating chipping off or bubbling.

Reactions: MH
Back