2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

Took the T100s to the range today and boy, let me tell you...I had fun.

I've been playing around with swing weights. Some bad mechanics had cropped in trying to find the head and for whatever reason, I couldn't get off the heal.

Last week by son's brother (long story but I'm here for him whenever and very proud of what he has overcome) wanted to go to the range. Helped him out a little and wanted to try his clubs. He is 6'4" and his clubs are 1.5" over and warned me. I smiled and just started ripping them, an 8I shouldn't go that far and gave it back to him.

After he hit his bucket he just stood behind me watching. Asked questions and one of them hit home. I told him that is not supposed to be happening and adjusted to what he saw. Boom, no more heal and my little draw was back.

Couple that with going too far back and being tight in the forearm/wrist, it was what was causing my issues. Glad he was there to watch.

Thankfully today I remembered all that.

Started out with touch shots with the GW trying to get distances. It has replaced my 52 wedge and now have another full swing club. Felt so good with the touch and full swings.

Moved up the set and finished with the 4I...just smiles.

Handed off my bucket as the course looked empty. Went and paid to play only to find that it would probably be almost 3 hours to get a 9 in. Packed it up to get a raincheck and system gave me 4! The guy said don't say anything and enjoy....WINNING!

Still looking to get them adjusted and getting rid of the lead tape. D4 is my zone.

Was going to go to the range and hit some balls, but when I arrived, the course was open!

It was a bit chilly and temps dropped throughout the round with the sun going down, but what fun it was.

These irons were just so much fun. From the get go right out of the truck to the course, it was on.

Didn't hit all the irons as this is an executive course with a lot of Par 3's a couple 4's and one Par 5.

When I did pull an iron, it performed well and all things considered gave me more than I deserved. Putter was on fire too which helped out, but the greens were shaggy and speed was off. I wasn't complaining at all with getting out mid January here!

Was playing the Titleist Left Dot and between that and these irons, the cold didn't bother them. Was quite surprised and excited.

Couldn't put a peg in the ground very far and one of the shots surprised me by checking up and coming back a bit. Granted, it was on an up-slope but kinda shocked me it just didn't hit and go forward a bit.

Can't wait until the next round.

Finally received my T100s set. 4 months waiting time - I ordered mid September and received them last Thursday. In hand they are a thing of beauty.
Took them to the range on Saturday. It was absolutely awesome. Coming from G410s I finally got to know what „working the ball“ really means. Yes, they are noticably less forgiving, yet not as much as I would have expected. What I got in return is having way more control over the ball flight - absolutely amazing. Cannot wait to groove them in a bit more so that I‘ll be ready when it gets warmer here in Germany.

Finally received my T100s set. 4 months waiting time - I ordered mid September and received them last Thursday. In hand they are a thing of beauty.
Took them to the range on Saturday. It was absolutely awesome. Coming from G410s I finally got to know what „working the ball“ really means. Yes, they are noticably less forgiving, yet not as much as I would have expected. What I got in return is having way more control over the ball flight - absolutely amazing. Cannot wait to groove them in a bit more so that I‘ll be ready when it gets warmer here in Germany.
Unrelated to the irons - but I read somewhere that you need a license to play golf in Germany. Is that true?

Unrelated to the irons - but I read somewhere that you need a license to play golf in Germany. Is that true?

Not entirely. There are lots of places where you could just pay‘n‘play without any handicap or „license“. However, most of the more enjoyable courses require guests to have a handicap (often 36 and below) to assert some playing capability. Its an annoying sort of gatekeeping … unfortunately. Yet receiving initial „allowance“ to play (which is opening up most courses for playing as a guest) is not really challenging as it used to be handicap 54.

I keep hitting the T100s against the Srixon ZX7 and appealing newcomers such as the Mizuno 223. The performance differences are minor. They all feel quite good, each just slightly different. The T100s have a lively, dense feel and look best at address to my eyes. I particularly love the gap wedge through 8 iron. They launch easily but still carry a strong flight. So far I get a little better dispersion in mid-irons with the ZX7, and the 223 have a little more ball speed (but maybe not statistically different, however, in a pure data sense). I can't complain about turf interaction with any of them. They all play bigly. It is very interesting to compare. I think anyone who wants a compact and stunning looking club will find a happy place with the T100s. In my own winter sim rounds, I keep mixing together ZX7 and T100s irons. I'm having a blast doing that. The 48* T100s and 4 and 5 T200s have remained in the bag across all combinations. 💪

Is there a majority in favor of the T100s gap wedge vs a Vokey 48-50° gapper? I stopped my set at PW and have a 48° Vokey but am really considering matching the gap wedge. I will only use it for 80-100% swings and little to no chipping. Love my T100s/200 combo otherwise

Is there a majority in favor of the T100s gap wedge vs a Vokey 48-50° gapper? I stopped my set at PW and have a 48° Vokey but am really considering matching the gap wedge. I will only use it for 80-100% swings and little to no chipping. Love my T100s/200 combo otherwise
I've always thought the T100 series gap wedges are pretty good vs. a specialty if you're mostly a full swing guy. They're pretty player, with great soles, but give just a tiny bit of help.

A couple of the guys I went with to the Titleist Experience and got the T100/s swear by their set-matched gap wedges, both for full and partial swings as well as chipping. They came to find that out pretty quickly even while we were still in NM.

I normally alway don’t play the set gap wedge but with the t-100S it is probably my favourite iron by far. Anything 115-120y in I used it. It was a beauty around the green. I really miss playing right now and check them out daily while waiting for the snow to melt

Just popping in to say the T200 are absolute rocketships.
It was cold and windy today, so my GIR was pretty low, but these things flat out send the ball.
From long irons down to wedge, if you do your part - everything is high, straight and LONG.
Here's a few examples from today

My 8i is my 160ish club. Flew the damn green.
Screenshot_20220130-213129_Garmin Golf.jpg

The 9i should be 148ish
Screenshot_20220130-213249_Garmin Golf.jpg

And my 6i. Should be 180ish. It was down hill mind you, but damn. Flew the green again. Right over the flag
Screenshot_20220130-213202_Garmin Golf.jpg

I love the matching gap wedge. I use it mostly for full (or fuller) swings but it is versatile enough to use around the green. For me the GW is more of a full swing club than around the green and for that it makes sense to match the set.

Took the T100s to the range today and boy, let me tell you...I had fun.

Am very pleased with the T100s myself. Recently got them. First new irons in a while.

Although they don't have that same satisfying stainless steel thud that I used to enjoy years ago,
much to the horror of my Mizuno blade playing friends,
in playabilty, they are--to me-- remarkably reminiscent of their predecessor from a quarter century ago, the DCI 962.

The graphite shafts are easier on the hands, and replacing the 46° PW with the 48° T100S gap wedge, they fit into my set configuration well.

I absolutely rave about my 48* T100s GW. So versatile around the greens & I’ve been known to even take a full swing with it. I’ve noticed it to be a little shorter on distance than I would expect

Was super happy to have the GW added to the iron's! I wanted another full swing club and this one fit both that and the gap well.

Will use it also as a touch shot from one other distance. Haven't used it around the green yet as I have three other wedges for that.

Took these bad boys to the range for some swings. Some guy asked about the lead tape on the back. Said it made them look funny.:p

Was pounding them and he said it works I guess. Felt pretty good actually to hear that after so long from a course!

Forgot about the GW.

Was messing around with different grip positions up and down. Found a couple more touch shot yardages. These yardages were kinda in-between touch shots with other wedges before.

Not only that but fine tuning the full swing carry on this club and that gets me to a happy place as well.

Really a surprise club in the set for me.

Last edited:
Forgot about the GW.

Was messing around with different grip positions up and down. Found a couple more touch shot yardages. These yardages were kinda in-between touch shots with other wedges before.

Not only that but fine tuning the full swing on this club and that gets me to a happy place as well.

Really a surprise club in the set for me.
I’ve said it a few times but it was definitely the favourite club in the set the couple rounds I got to play them. Can’t wait for spring

I hit some shots with these today. The 6i T100s was just lethal. Dropping dimes on flagsticks is always fun as well.

T200s have been working pretty good lately for me. Discovered the latest QST and I’m really enjoying the feel of the ball off these clubs. Nice and soft with a decent amount of spin to hold the greens. Haven’t played as much this Winter due to the weather so getting really excited for decent weather and courses that have a little run out.

I'm enjoying the T300s more and more, and the u505 is $$$$$$$.

I'm enjoying the T300s more and more, and the u505 is $$$$$$$.
Did you send your irons back to Titleist for a readjustment of loft and lie?

Did you send your irons back to Titleist for a readjustment of loft and lie?
Not yet. Probably going to send them out next week.

Not yet. Probably going to send them out next week.
Great I’m look forward to hearing how it goes. I love the Steelfiber shafts in mine but I’m seeing about 7-10 yd distance loss. I’m hoping it is from the chilly weather but I never noticed anything like this in the past. Other than a slight distance loss I love these irons more than any I have ever owned. Feel is outstanding and forgiveness on everything but a hit high on the club face is great.

Back