2021 Titleist U505 Utility Iron

3U will be here Tuesday!

I'm still struggling a bit with consistency with my 3U, but I will say when you hit it right it feels awesome. My misses are basically drawing it too much or simply hitting it a bit fat.

This one, it’s a monster. So….excellent. I’m thoroughly impressed.

763D79F3-D691-45F3-A22A-E856D4C030A6.jpegDB987709-6560-428A-9F20-4745E4179357.jpegED2E5D02-5721-4F6F-9D5D-D9BD088D6100.jpegC18EC185-359A-47FF-AE44-F69FCE2CD2CD.jpeg

Weapon.

This little dude is fun. I’m getting more comfortable with it and it honestly hits the gap I need it to, which it off the tee mostly. It’s a little clicky on misses, but, flushed it’s just a hoot.

This little dude is fun. I’m getting more comfortable with it and it honestly hits the gap I need it to, which it off the tee mostly. It’s a little clicky on misses, but, flushed it’s just a hoot.
It took the spot of the TEE utility 😢

It took the spot of the TEE utility 😢
It did, because that was taken by my HS 2-Bag who caved in his hybrid. Plus, I’ve got the Titleist Experience coming up. 😍

SERIOUSLY thinking about experimenting with a U505. @Jman I promise the replication of your bag is a coincidence.

I currently have a T200 4 iron so I'd be looking for something to sit in the middle of this and my TSi 16.5* fairway wood (which may also become a 15* if needed)

Thoughts on whether I should be considering the 2 iron or 3 iron?

I've hit the 3 iron previously. Monster off the tee but surprisingly easy to hit off the deck too.

I have not hit the 2 iron. Anyone hit the 2 iron off the deck? Easy to do? Or this more of a tee club only?

I think the 2 iron will gap better.. but if it's a tee club only I think that's a dealbreaker.

I have the 2 iron and have used it off the deck on a couple occasions. Put a good swing and it just goes! It doesn’t feel that much more demanding off the deck, honestly. I think the wider sole almost helps this glide through the turf. One thing I have not tried is trying to hit this out of some thicker rough. Not sure how that would fare. Fairway, first cut, no problem. Really, really enjoying this club this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few days with the U505 2iron and overall I'm pleased.

What I wanted most was a fairway finding machine - i'm hitting it nearly as often as the driver and finding much less trouble. Off the deck is good too -- which I was worried about. It's also easy to flight - low bullets, low draws, high fades etc.

However, I'm a proficient ball striker but this thing is NOT forgiving compared to the other clubs I could put in my bag in this spot (i.e. fairway/hybrid).

This club is not getting me into any trouble and I'm still hitting fairways but the carry drop off is the most of any club in my bag. Feedback in the hands for poor strikes is jarring -- it actually hurts.

If the ultimate measure of success is strokes gained this club is a winner - but it's definitely not love at this stage.

I don’t really need this, but I want it in a 1 iron. Tee club replacement only really but it looks fun. Loving my Fli-Hi in the 4 iron.

My 3 hybrid may still have a place in my bag in place of my Callaway Apex 4 hybrid (same loft). It might alternate depending on the conditions or something. Regardless, this thing flies really high, so it's great if you need a decent landing angle with a longer iron.

Back