Tour Event 2021 Tour Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The FedEx Cup Playoffs continue.

Hope it's as good as the BMW was yesterday!!!

The first two events have been so compelling with the Finau victory and the epic duel between Bryson and Cantlay. Hoping that the final event can provide something interesting to cap off an outstanding playoffs for the PGA tour.

Not going to lie will be extremely hard to beat the roller coaster of a ride Bryson and Patrick took us on last night. Hope everyone comes out firing like all Sunday and we see another finish for the ages that will produce a cool scene like when Tiger won post his surgeries when the crowds were walking up with them on 18.

I’m actually pumped for this, for the first time in years. Yesterday’s finish went a long way to being the reason for that though.

Does this mean Patrick Reed is playing this week?

1630350989541.png

He technically made the top 30 so he will play if he’s able.

Not sure what the rule is though if he can’t go. He technically gets the payday since he’s top 30, right? Horschel would just play alone?

I don’t believe he has withdrawn yet. But, I don’t envision any circumstances where he tees it up.
That’s what I was thinking. Was just surprised to see him on the tee sheet.

I’m actually pumped for this, for the first time in years. Yesterday’s finish went a long way to being the reason for that though.
Yep this. I haven't watched tour golf in weeks. I had been catching up on the BMW at night last week and was able to tune in for most of yesterday. Hard not to be excited after that finish

I would say this is Rahm to lose. I just don’t see Cantlay putting like he did last week.
**if this message does not age well, just give me a pass

He technically made the top 30 so he will play if he’s able.

Not sure what the rule is though if he can’t go. He technically gets the payday since he’s top 30, right? Horschel would just play alone?
Horschel would play with a marker or I suppose 31 could play. Don't know the rules on that.

Wow, Reed is going to give it a shot this week. I love it!

Wow, Reed is going to give it a shot this week. I love it!

might the photo, but he's looking thin to me.

Hope he can give it a go all 4 days and this isn't going to be a one-shot and WD situation.

Hope he can give it a go all 4 days and this isn't going to be a one-shot and WD situation.
He has to know with his reputation, he can't just go out there and quit. He's gotta give a whole round a solid shot.

He has to know with his reputation, he can't just go out there and quit. He's gotta give a whole round a solid shot.

I feel like since the world knows he's been in the hospital, he can call it quits and not get AS much hate.

Looking forward to it, but absolutely hate the staggered scoring thing. It's gimmicky and makes no sense. It's as stupid as if they started them all even, but made the bottom guys play left-handed and only carry 3 clubs.

I feel like since the world knows he's been in the hospital, he can call it quits and not get AS much hate.
If he had pulled out of the event, essentially ending his season, could they have given his spot to the 31st person on the list?

If he had pulled out of the event, essentially ending his season, could they have given his spot to the 31st person on the list?

I don't know the rules, but I would guess no. I'm not sure they treat #31 as the first alternate.

I don't know the rules, but I would guess no. I'm not sure they treat #31 as the first alternate.
That would be heard to swallow. Be the first guy out, missing by a single putt, and then someone doesn't even play. I get it for the first one that people often skip, but the last event of the season... that'd be a different sting.

I just became aware of the abomination that is this "staggered scoring". I do not like it. No sir, I do not like it at all.

He does look a bit thinner like he did at the start of the season. Is there any incentive to start and WD? Not sure about the specifics of that $395K payday for last place.

I don’t believe he has withdrawn yet. But, I don’t envision any circumstances where he tees it up.

HE is in (y) confirmed today

I am good with Xander or anyone teeing off 1-2pm (top 14). That is the first time in a long while that there wasn’t someone within top 20 that I hoped didn’t win.

Back