Zinchenko 30
Odegaard 29
Partey 45
Xhaka 35
Saka 0
Martinelli 6
Jesus 45

Haaland is so dangerous.

I was coming in to post something similar. City is just so good and a shock they do not run the tables and collect all the trophy's
Man City's payroll:
£182,640,000

Arsenal:
£97,878,000

Man City's payroll:
£182,640,000

Arsenal:
£97,878,000
Big gap, but the players still have to produce. Spending doesn't equal wins or Chelsea would be at the top with the leaders right now.

thats going to be tough to come back from

Arsenal slowly watching the title disappear here.

Big gap, but the players still have to produce. Spending doesn't equal wins or Chelsea would be at the top with the leaders right now.
Oh course the players have to produce. But when you can splash lots of cash for players you can afford to miss on some and then just absorb the bad ones. Then, when you find the players you like, you pay them as much as you want and don't have to worry about other teams making better offers.

Man City thumbed their nose to the FPP rules and have been able to build a titan. Chelsea is going to have some explaining to do because UEFA will be asking questions.

Arsenal slowly watching the title disappear here.
Slowly? They have been bleeding out for weeks now. That Saliba injury in the Europa league has been disastrous.

too easy...

Meh. Onward to next season for the Gunners. Don’t see PetroCity slipping up the rest of the way.

I don't hate Holding. He's a squad player. Coverage. He's not a top of the table level player. He starts on most squads in the bottom half of the table. He is over matched in a match against City. Especially when Partey plays that poorly.

But for him to score *that* goal...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 more for Newcastle as they really seem to have regained their form after a rough stretch.

You’ve gotta believe Arsenal gets back on track v Chelsea and keeps the race interesting.

can Fulham pull off the upset?

You’ve gotta believe Arsenal gets back on track v Chelsea and keeps the race interesting.

can Fulham pull off the upset?
If anyone in a title race loses to a team as crap as Chelsea is right now, they don't deserve the title in the least. And that's me as a Chelsea supporter saying it.

I'll be happy to see us sink the Arsenal title challenge for good though :D

Is there any difference to finishing 1st or 4th in the Premier League? There aren’t playoffs are there?

No you just are league champ at 1. Top 4 make CL
So Champions League is essentially the playoffs. And if the season ended today, Newcastle would be tied for 1st since 1-4 are the same thing. Nice :cool:

Is there any difference to finishing 1st or 4th in the Premier League? There aren’t playoffs are there?
Top 4 are auto bids for UEFA iirc.. next 3-4 are Europa

So Champions League is essentially the playoffs. And if the season ended today, Newcastle would be tied for 1st since 1-4 are the same thing. Nice :cool:
Nope, champions league is the top teams from each European league playing a separate competition over the next season, more money from tv revenues basically

Top 4 are auto bids for UEFA iirc.. next 3-4 are Europa
5&6 get Europa and 7 UEFA Conference League (which is relatively new).

There are also spots in Europa for the League Cup and the FA Cup winners. Those spots are usually taken by teams who already qualified. The most recent example of a team out of qualifying spots to get into Europa was Arsenal in 2021 who finished 8th in 2020 but won the FA Cup. It forced the 6th place team (Tottenham I believe) into continental qualifying so over the summer Tottenham had to play important games against some small continental league teams.

Nil satis nisi optimum ("Nothing but the best is good enough")

ok i was thinking after last nights result

"Illegitimi non carborundum"
is a mock-Latin aphorism,
often translated as
"Don't let the bastards grind you down".
The phrase itself has no meaning in Latin and can only be mock-translated.
Will watch the replay as I am that guy, not sure how we are going to get 6-9 points out of the last 5 games to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back