2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Back for the 3rd year! Some of us have been working on our fitness the last year in the 2021 thread, and I've found it enjoyable and very motivating, so I wanted to put a place out there where we can discuss our plans for a better, healthier lifestyle heading into 2022.

What are you doing now? Where do you want to be by the end of 2022? Discuss it with us as we continue our journey! Jump in with your goals, or just follow along, or ask questions, so we can all work together towards a better you for 2022!

My goals:
1. 5 Days per week strength train. I do this with mainly dumbbell and bodyweight, and have a 12 week routine I'm going to start out with to keep me on track early and often.
2. 20 minutes of yoga no less than 3 times per week. Has helped me so much with tight muscles
3. Once spring comes, get into a cardio routine of running and biking at least twice per week during my lunch break
4. This was here last year and didn't get done so work wise get a stand up desk for home so I'm sitting less.
5. Find time to unwind and destress.

I'm going to think about my '22 goals and post them here. Hope I can be a cheerleader to all those who want to be the best versions of themselves in '22.

Thanks @gkeller813 for making this thread!

Thanks for starting the thread for ‘22. I’ll have to take some time to consider my goals.

Thanks for starting this again!

I'm in for the new thread!

Currently finishing up Phase 2 of Fit for Golf then it's on to the last phase of the "Beginner 101" program. I've really enjoyed the program but had to take a week off last week due to some back issues that flared up. I'm healed up now so will be going at it this week.

Goals:
1. Fit for Golf program 3x a week.
2. Two 20 minute yoga sessions at night before bed.
3. Get stronger and more in shape to be able to comfortably use my pushcart and walk around the hilly courses here.

My nutrition - macro counting 145g protein every day.

My workout plan - Monday/Thursday lower body, Tuesday/Friday upper body, Wednesday HIIT/Cardio, Saturday low intensity cardio (walk/yoga), Sunday rest.

If you would like me to post my workouts I can - I have both home & gym workouts I follow.

Goal - get yoga in 3-4x per week. I personally like restorative yoga to help deep stretch muscles.

P.s. my golf game has improve since my health improved over the past year and a half.

If you would like me to post my workouts I can - I have both home & gym workouts I follow.
Feel free to post if you want. I'm sure someone would find the information useful and helpful!

I’ve been hitting the gym 4x a week weight training for some time now. Im going to switch up my workouts more frequently , 4-6 weeks, and switch things up mixing in HIT and supersets , full body to split routines. I’m going to work on incorporating more flexibility and add more cardio.

I’m still looking into how to get to what I need, but the goals are simple and related:
1. Get golf-stronger
2. Lose lots of weight. Ideally back under 200#
3. Get off of my BP and Cholesterol meds.

I’m still looking into how to get to what I need, but the goals are simple and related:
1. Get golf-stronger
2. Lose lots of weight. Ideally back under 200#
3. Get off of my BP and Cholesterol meds.

From my experience - as you start taking care of your health, other things tend to fall into place...
Goals 2 & 3 will help with goal 1.

You got this 💪

2022 will be a continuation of 2021 for me. I'm currently down 18lbs and 4% body fat and plan to lose at least another 12lbs and at least another 4% body fat.

With that said, today was another awesome full body workout, and I hit a new PR for sumo deadlifts. I really need my new plates to get here, they should be here Thursday, so I can really get the weight up.

9 days and I have a dietician appointment. It'll be two fold - weight management, I'm thinking goal of 240# by the end of 2022.

Otherwise flexibility more than anything - my 5th knee surgery about 4 years ago is still bothering me, I've kind of put it up to just getting old and being beat up but with the littles I need to make sure that I can keep up with them. It may very well only be 1-2x yoga (wife loves that stuff already so easy to add for me hopefully) and 1-2x body weight and lifting. At least for Q1, I've been out of the game for so long it's so easy to just say it's fine and not worry about it.

If golf gets better it gets better, this is really just about me and the family.

I badly need to lose 30lbs and get back under 200. Hopefully posting here will get me motivated so I can check in with you guys and give myself some level of accountability. I don't really have a plan in place yet, but I plan to start walking 9 holes at least once a week after work, hopefully more often and bumping to 18holes when DST hits. Thats as far as I've thought it out so far.

Perfect timing. I had a Dr. appointment today and tipped the scales at 306! Getting to 3 bills was my worst nightmare. I'm devastated. Unfortunately, my stress level at work and the sheer number of hours I'm working has contributed to a lot of it.

So, here are my goals to turn things around:
  1. Cut down on drinking - no more than 6-7 days per week but to keep it to the weekends.
  2. Walk/Run 3x per week - 30 min with at least 2 sessions/week be interval training.
  3. Track food again via myfitnesspal.
  4. Find healthier de-stressing alternatives than booze and mass quantities of food. I eat relatively healthy food wise, but just eat mass quantities at a time.
  5. Get at least 30 min of exercise every day that i'm not walking/running. I would like to get back into High Intensity fitness classes, but just am not sure what to do. My schedule makes it difficult to do them.
It would be awesome if I can drop 50 lbs. I need to drop at least 30.

My plan is to continue the path of last year. I row for 45 minutes 3x/wk, lift 2x/wk, walk 9 holes 2x/wk. My most important aspect is keeping food intake in check. I eat healthy but sometimes go apeshxt on nuts, cheese and fruit. I don’t eat sweets, it is always the salty things that I overindulge.

2022 will be more of what i did in 2021. I am still counting macros with a total weight loss close to 40lbs since April. My end goal for that is under 200lbs. I am maintaining at 205-207 right now. I start to cut again Feb 5th. I will continue my 3x a week workouts and mobility with my trainer. He knows golf is my favorite thing, so my workouts are a ton of core work. I see such a huge change on certain exercises now it is crazy cool.

WHEW!

First time back in the gym in a week for me. Work and home life got in the way last week.

Did some presses, chin ups, chest presses, and rows. I then ate some tacos and drank a hard seltzer, because #CleanLiving

Last edited:
Started working out early November 3 or 4 times per week , plan on keeping it going until end of March . Just some medium dumb bell work for shoulders , squats and calf raises , also Bowflex for Lat pull downs and chest press . After End of March hoping weather is good enough to get back out and start some speed training with superspeed golf . Also going to work with my Planemate over the winter to keep my swing in check .

I’m looking to incorporate yoga into my off season workouts.

My goals are to work on my core strength, train and run a 10k, and lose more weight

My nutrition - macro counting 145g protein every day.

My workout plan - Monday/Thursday lower body, Tuesday/Friday upper body, Wednesday HIIT/Cardio, Saturday low intensity cardio (walk/yoga), Sunday rest.

Goal - get yoga in 3-4x per week. I personally like restorative yoga to help deep stretch muscles.

P.s. my golf game has improve since my health improved over the past year and a half.
2022 will be a continuation of 2021 for me. I'm currently down 18lbs and 4% body fat and plan to lose at least another 12lbs and at least another 4% body fat.

With that said, today was another awesome full body workout, and I hit a new PR for sumo deadlifts. I really need my new plates to get here, they should be here Thursday, so I can really get the weight up.

Ok ladies, want to share some at home exercises you do? I need to get to it.

In on this thread for 2022! I got lazy and went off the rails when the gyms all shut down due to the 'Rona, let both my diet and workouts go to crap, and now I have around 20 pounds to lose to get back to where I want to be. Currently 225# at 6'6" and around 22% BF, want to get back down to 205'ish and 15% BF.

My main goal this year is to lose weight and just be more fit overall. Last year I got down from 260 to 245 through small diet changes.
I think with stricter diet changes and implementing some exercise I can drop down into the 220's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back