2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

No idea. I didn't know they existed until I saw your picture. No big box golf retail here. Courses and our 2 small shops just carry the basics.
Oh. Want me to grab you some?

So I finally sucked enough to lose all my previous generation CSX, and I moved to the new CSX while in Cancun. My wife used the same ball, since we didn't want to buy balls on vacation.

Length: Plenty, especially with irons. Even at sea level, I found myself over clubbing more than I would have liked to. I'll say the distance gain balances out the distance loss of sea level play.

Wind performance. Lost distance for a headwind, definitely gained going downwind. I need spin help, and the CSX kept it up enough where the ball didn't fall out of the sky on downwind holes. Is it ok to complain about cross wind stability? I hit one shot on a par 3, aimed at the right edge, since the wind was blowing hard right to left. Ball started a touch right of that, but never moved despite the wind. Good, if I can plan for it :)

Greenside spin: Exceptional. Even my wife was getting some good spin around the greens.

So far, so good with the new CSX. In triple track, of course.

So when these first came out I knew I liked the flight window of the LS for me and the improved feel and greenside stuff. I hit it and the CSX a good amount to get a feel for them and thought the CSX was a tad faster.

I don't think that anymore.

I’ve been playing both the CSXLS and CSX a lot lately

I like the LS and think if I played somewhere with more receptive green it would be the ball.

I think going forward though CSX is the gamer.

So when these first came out I knew I liked the flight window of the LS for me and the improved feel and greenside stuff. I hit it and the CSX a good amount to get a feel for them and thought the CSX was a tad faster.

I don't think that anymore.
The better the weather gets here and the more roll we get in the fairways here the better the LS gets. Really like the X , love the LS. And into the wind best ball I have ever played for that.

I haven't hit the CSX yet that I have bought, but based on what I have seen from the LS, I think that I will potentially be swapping between the X and LS depending on the greens at whichever course I am playing

Played a couple holes with a previous generation Chrome Soft (Not X or LS) and was seeing a lot of bite on everything into greens and even spun back a 7i into a par 3, so a couple holes later I switched to the '22 LS and it was a bit more predictable in terms of the release I was seeing on partial shots, but still providing enough spin for full shots to get the ball to stop quickly

Next time I am out on the course, I will likely give the CSX a try alongside the LS and see how it compares, but I get the feeling that I could play either of those balls and be happy

I need to find just a sleeve of the CS USA Truvis! Lol

edit: just found a sleeve and purchased!

edit #2: I’m an idiot and only purchased 1 dang ball. Oh well. Guess it will go to my Truvis collection. Lol

Last edited:
I need to find just a sleeve of the CS USA Truvis! Lol

edit: just found a sleeve and purchased!

edit #2: I’m an idiot and only purchased 1 dang ball. Oh well. Guess it will go to my Truvis collection. Lol
Guy was nice enough to cancel my order for the 1 ball so now on the hunt for 1 sleeve again lol

Alternated between the CSXLS and a pro V1X today. I preferred the LS by a bit.

Had a couple of shots from the rough in the 50-60 yard range that just stuck right by the pin

Just loaded up the bag with a dozen of the Chrome Soft and a dozen of the Chrome Soft X LS.
Still leaning towards Chrome Soft for the remainder of the year, but the LS continues to call me :ROFLMAO:

Played the LS for as long as a dozen would last me to both play the LS again as well as play the Truvis USA 🇺🇸. I love the launch of these as the height off the driver, and irons is so good to my eye and fits my window (thanks Tiger I think I’ve used that right 🤣) but the X always makes such a great case in how it’s 1/2 to a club longer depending where at in the bag and I love the spin on the greens as I’ve been learning how to hit certain higher spin shots around the green and the X stops a few feet before the LS. If they made a hybrid between the two I’d be in heaven as far as I’m concerned. The TT is something that I really have come to like and appreciate in a ball as at first it was “busy” to my eye now I rely on it to create my start lines on the putt so much during the round. Most of all 3-10’ putts have become so much easier when I’m not standing over the ball second guessing myself and can rely on the TT confidently. I’ve also stayed with the white ball this year partly due to available stock and the other part is how bright the ball looks at setup sorta distracts me a little but my eyesight is far from something to strive for so take that for what it’s worth. Overall I’m certainly impressed with both and the durability is improved over last year as during normal play they wear fine it’s just when I decide to go on a excursion through some trees or off a cart path they’ll get scratched up but that’s expected in every case.

Been playing the chrome soft x. But my last round had me wondering is less spin may not be better. I spun like 10 approaches off the green.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
Balls…I have spent zero time with the standard CS this year. It’s been all X and LS. What they were able to do with the LS this year compared to last year has been unreal. It’s softer, it’s more durable and it spins more around the greens. It’s the perfect ball.

And then I tried the X because again, #LunaticFringe. Longer drives and MORE spin around the green and more durable as well. It’s also a perfect ball

I’ve had my best round with the LS but more consistent rounds with the X. These last few weeks with my improved play, the extra spin around the green of the X has been the difference so far.

These two balls are both rockstars and I could play either one and be VERY happy. Good thing I have two boxes of each to continue to play them both :)

Tied my personal best into the wind with the CSX-LS. It's continuing to do everything I want. I had one ball last almost 2 full rounds and had light scuffing. The cover seems much more durable than last years version.

Been playing the previous version but have a dozen new triple tracks tempting me to put in play before the older are gone. Might pull a sleeve next round out.

I picked up a box of the Chrome Soft X's this last weekend. Liked what I felt with it, but didn't put them into play till later in the round. I look forward to playing more with them next time I'm out.

Tied my personal best into the wind with the CSX-LS. It's continuing to do everything I want. I had one ball last almost 2 full rounds and had light scuffing. The cover seems much more durable than last years version.

This is awesome!

After spending a brief amount of time in the CSXLS TT, I knew it just want for me. The spin rate wasn’t high enough for me for the driver and irons on approaches. It also was a touch firm compared the CSXTT.

Finley and the crew were spot on keeping the CSX basically the same from 2020&2021 models.

I played the CS last year and a few times this year but mainly playing the X LS this year. It has been the best ball I have used so far. I have not tried the CS X but maybe will give that a try in Myrtle later this year.

X LS beat out the CS off the tee but was very similar to me in my short game. The cover can take a beating as they may hit a cart part and trees from time to time but but still come out playable.

Due to how windy it was last night, I stuck with the CSX LS for my match, and once again it delivered what I have become accustomed to seeing

Around the green I have adjusted my aims to allow for slightly more roll-out, but on full shots it stops quick enough - I had a 6i into the wind on a par 3 and the ball was no more than a foot away from where it pitched on the green, just a shame it was about 12ft left of the pin and I missed the birdie putt....won the hole with a par though so it was all good

Hoping for a calmer day at the weekend as I still haven't had the CSX out for a round yet to compare

The GOAT Cup signups are here with Callaway and Chrome Soft will be at the forefront with Jason Finley involved.

Back