2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Last edited:
Big TT fan and I really like the idea of TT360. Finding out that @OldandStiff doesn't like it makes me LOVE it. Have 7 dozen regular TT though so probably a while before I try them out.
Lol What?!

Order placed for TT 360

After getting onto firm greens

Tour B RXS will be my ball until the cows come home

I tried

After getting onto firm greens

Tour B RXS will be my ball until the cows come home

I tried

Yes, I also like more stoppage on greens. Tried CS in 2022 and previous iterations. But CS is a great ball, and when play it, I need to play for some rollout. Nothing wrong with that. I'm usually decent about putting on the brakes. My preferences for baked greens are V1x and B RXS for my game - I need more iron spin.

Yes, I also like more stoppage on greens. Tried CS in 2022 and previous iterations. But CS is a great ball, and when play it, I need to play for some rollout. Nothing wrong with that. I'm usually decent about putting on the brakes. My preferences for baked greens are V1x and B RXS for my game - I need more iron spin.
Really different golf balls. The CSX would be the firmer and spinnier option on approach shots.

Really different golf balls. The CSX would be the firmer and spinnier option on approach shots.

I completely agree ... I've always heard you need speed to play CSX, and if you remember, I lack some of that.;) I've been tempted to buy a dozen and see what happens.

I completely agree ... I've always heard you need speed to play CSX, and if you remember, I lack some of that.;) I've been tempted to buy a dozen and see what happens.
If you have the speed to play the others you mentioned, you can play the CSX.

Now that I've been playing the '22 Chrome Soft for a little while, I'll say that the durability is very good. I have a few that have survived multiple rounds where I've bounced them off trees, cart paths, stucco walls, rocky desert rough, etc. and they've held up real well and are still perfectly playable.

Now that I've been playing the '22 Chrome Soft for a little while, I'll say that the durability is very good. I have a few that have survived multiple rounds where I've bounced them off trees, cart paths, stucco walls, rocky desert rough, etc. and they've held up real well and are still perfectly playable.
Be kinder to your balls, please. :p:p

Used the standard CS in the windiest of winds yesterday. This ball is a PERFORMER! I used to think the LS was good in the wind (it is but I still had more trouble than most still) but the standard CS is an absolute beast. Only one ball that actually got caught up in it (and it was one I thought should have been perfect) but other than that, the distance in to a two or three club wind and holding it's line during a cross wind was amazing. The feel too. Man you can't beat the standard CS feel.

Our greens are still essentially carpet so I can't speak on greenside spin yet but I had five wedge shots that hopped and stopped which I wouldn't always expect to with this one. But again, no idea if that's the ball helping or the greens just killing momentum. Either way though, CS had a great first round. All those LS I bought may be in trouble lol

I tried out the standard CS this last weekend and it worked really well. We had some wind and super hard greens to deal with. I am going to buy a box and give them a run for a month or so.

I grabbed some of the new truvis, I do enjoy the feel and watching the pattern spin on short flops and roll in putting is kinda cool

Okay, just seeing this new 360TT. I think I need to grab a box of these 🔥

I tried out the standard CS this last weekend and it worked really well. We had some wind and super hard greens to deal with. I am going to buy a box and give them a run for a month or so.
I've been playing them for a while and really like them - hope I don't fall out of love anytime soon since I have 4 dozen more on the way right now! :LOL:

I bounce between the chrome soft and super soft right now. (And Pro V). I used chrome soft(G ball specifically) for my first tournament and missed one fairway. Great control too.

Z star and chrome soft seem to work best for me. Triple track being the main difference. I have some TT360 on the way

Anywhere online to order a sleeve of CSXLS that isn't crazy expensive (like almost the cost of a full dozen like I've seen in some places)? Local club is a Titleist shop. PGA Superstore didn't have any LS sleeves to try. I'll just get a dozen if I have to - how bad could they really be even if they aren't "perfect" for me, right? :)

Anywhere online to order a sleeve of CSXLS that isn't crazy expensive (like almost the cost of a full dozen like I've seen in some places)? Local club is a Titleist shop. PGA Superstore didn't have any LS sleeves to try. I'll just get a dozen if I have to - how bad could they really be even if they aren't "perfect" for me, right? :)
I don't have an answer other than courses - I would assume there's a number of courses that are close by and you could call / stop at them and just see what they have available. I know my club has sleeves of all sorts of balls.

I don't have an answer other than courses - I would assume there's a number of courses that are close by and you could call / stop at them and just see what they have available. I know my club has sleeves of all sorts of balls.

Talk? On a phone? To people!? :eek::p

I'm playing somewhere different on Monday so I'll check their shop before the round. If not I'll have another week or two before I play again and will hunt around more then.

Back