2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

Not surprised at all with the latest sales report moving to number 1.

The Rogue Max is one if not the best driver I have ever owned. Match this head with the correct shaft and you have one dangerous weapon off the tee.

Glad this thread popped up too because I'm back to experimenting again. Been loving the Max 10.5 (turned down a degree) combo with the LinQ White shaft (again thanks to @Golfers Anonymous) the guy is a legend and puts up with my stupid texts about shaft questions.

I found a deal on a Sim2 that I couldn't pass up, mostly because it had a LinQ purple and was basically brand new. Its not apples to apples it's an 8 degree head, but the results have me pondering again. The Sim2, though I rarely hit the fairway with it, lots of misses right - is consistently 20 yards or more farther than the Max. Made me wonder about the possibility of putting a LinQ purple in the Max. When I was fit for the Max D they had me in a 9 degree head, but down a degree, so now i'm wondering if the Max in a 9 degree head would give me similar results or not.

I love the forgiveness of the Max over the Sim2. I don't have to close the club face so much at address to keep it in the fairway. Cody told me that the Sim2 is a lower spinning head so that could be a lot of the difference as well.

Long story longer - I prefer the Max head over the Sim2 even with the distance issues. Playing out of the fairway is much better than scrambling from the rough any day. I'm just hoping I can find a combo soon that maybe gets me a little closer to those Sim2 numbers. Always nice to have the Max D in my back pocket too for when the swing goes off course. I just can't find anything to beat the Max at the moment. I prefer looking at that shape to the Sim2 any day.

Played two rounds this week and every time I tried the Sim2 on a hole, I went back to the Max on the next hole. It's just so much more consistent and instills so much more confidence standing over the ball.
Nothing other than to say try it out. I was always a low ball hitter. High spin, so the only time I got any real height was when it ballooned. Go do a real fitting, 9° head turned down to 8 and hitting the ball higher. Its a dumb game, so why not experiment?

I had a TSR fitting session yesterday at my club…Rogue ST Max LS won hands down despite trying multiple combinations of shaft/head. The fitter almost apologetically said, the Rogue is just built for you. What a driver…koodos to Callaway for designing and building such an amazing driver for the masses.

I had a TSR fitting session yesterday at my club…Rogue ST Max LS won hands down despite trying multiple combinations of shaft/head. The fitter almost apologetically said, the Rogue is just built for you. What a driver…koodos to Callaway for designing and building such an amazing driver for the masses.
Thanks for sharing. I'm always enticed by the shiny new thing, but I really love the matte "not so old" thing too. Been sidelined with a hand injury the past couple weeks but have a time set for Sunday and will try out some left dash pro v1x with the max LS and see if I can't eek out some more distance.

Still :love: the sound of this driver. Don't laugh too hard at my swing... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I forgot how to swing the driver. I was almost guiding it and hitting way lower than I normally do. I started reaching back for a little more and hitting up at it. I got the ball flight I have been used to and the distance came back.

The ability to send it with the Max is off the charts!
This was my swing thought today along with this is what i do in scrambles and drive the ball well when i do it so do it all the time. I hit the Rogue Max ST really well today doing this. When im hitting my best drives this is what i do i just have to do it all the time.

I had a great day with the Rogue ST Max LS. I just let the club do the work.

Screenshot_20220924-164906_Shot Scope.jpg

I received my 9* LS Max head I ordered on eBay today. Threw my project x LZ16 from my previous driver in it to compare apples to apples on the driver heads.

I gamed an XR16 for five years because of the great distance I got from it. The only reason I wanted new tech was to cut down on my miss, which is a big snap hook that gets me in trouble one to two times a round.

I hit the range and it was exactly what I thought it would be. Long with less spin. I was forcefully trying to speed up my hands to create the hook and it’s much less snappy… meaning the ball remained in play.

Settings were neutral -1 to get it to 8*. Nice mid height baby draws. I pushed a couple and pulled a few, but the lower spin is a game changer for me.

I ordered a HZRDUS smoke blue RDX shaft earlier this week. It’s the newest evolution of the LZ16 from my research here on THP.

Here’s to new beginnings 🍻

Last edited:
How much time is left in your season?
There will be opportunities to play basically all winter. We usually have some days in the 50/60's in Dec./Jan/Feb. The biggest limiting factor is my membership is a weekday only and if you see my other thread about the greens, I'm not paying(extra) to play there 😬 and the afternoon hours are getting ready to get really short.
I played 18 on Friday, shot an 81 on some terrible greens. Driver was in play all day, I lost one ball, none off the tee. Driver was straight or baby fade the whole round. Cannot say enough good about this head/ shaft combo.

There will be opportunities to play basically all winter. We usually have some days in the 50/60's in Dec./Jan/Feb. The biggest limiting factor is my membership is a weekday only and if you see my other thread about the greens, I'm not paying(extra) to play there 😬 and the afternoon hours are getting ready to get really short.
I played 18 on Friday, shot an 81 on some terrible greens. Driver was in play all day, I lost one ball, none off the tee. Driver was straight or baby fade the whole round. Cannot say enough good about this head/ shaft combo.
Glad to hear it’s working well for you! An 81 is some great shootin’!

Pulled the trigger on an ST max 10.5 head. Can’t wait to give it a try.

Pulled the trigger on an ST max 10.5 head. Can’t wait to give it a try.
Such a great fast and forgiving head. I’ve been really pleased so far.

Paired the LS up with with the Tensei White with the new grip on it today. Holy hell I’m loving what I’m seeing. It was effortless. Let’s see if that can continue!

If I can straighten out the flight just slightly, this will be the longest I have consistently hit the ball all season.

I don’t have a ton of time left on my season and I posted it in the handicap watch thread, but I’m down to a 4.6. Started the season and got up to a high of 8.2. The strength and improvement of my tee game this year is very much attributed to the LS

So, I confirmed a ruptured A2 tunnel in my right ring finger and have had to skip the last two weeks’ rounds. Played today with the Accra TZ5 and managed to hit 50% fairways and the misses were by about 2 yds on 4 that I missed. Loving this combo but have a Ventus TR 6R on the way to experiment with while I’m recovering. Max LS is straight money and I actually really like the left dash prov1x too. Had some high toe misses that were within 10 yds of a center strike instead of hooking off the map. Good thing I like the left dash. I bought 4 dozen 😆

Paired the LS up with with the Tensei White with the new grip on it today. Holy hell I’m loving what I’m seeing. It was effortless. Let’s see if that can continue!

If I can straighten out the flight just slightly, this will be the longest I have consistently hit the ball all season.

I don’t have a ton of time left on my season and I posted it in the handicap watch thread, but I’m down to a 4.6. Started the season and got up to a high of 8.2. The strength and improvement of my tee game this year is very much attributed to the LS

it’s such a killer combo!!!

I had an awesome day with my Max D today. It was one of those days that you don’t miss and it was fun. Zero OB and lots of FW this aft!

Great stuff there! Which gram shaft did you use?

Fingers crossed I get to play tomorrow. Going to try the Tensei Pro White 1K with the Max head and see what happens. Also going to be testing some new balls with it so we’ll see how it goes.

the thing I’ve noticed is timing my body, with the MaxLS head I can tend to leave it open a bit more, so we’ll see if the Max helps keep that closed. I have zero problems playing the nice fade I get 85% of the time with the MaxLS though!

Fingers crossed I get to play tomorrow. Going to try the Tensei Pro White 1K with the Max head and see what happens. Also going to be testing some new balls with it so we’ll see how it goes.

the thing I’ve noticed is timing my body, with the MaxLS head I can tend to leave it open a bit more, so we’ll see if the Max helps keep that closed. I have zero problems playing the nice fade I get 85% of the time with the MaxLS though!

12.6 is gonna be a 8 in no time.

After this weekend, the Rogue ST Max is in the bag for a long while. It performed so well this weekend. My swing was on though too, but man, super happy with how I hit it this weekend. I was eyeing a new TSR, but I guess the ST Max got word and said, hold my beer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dude can't wait to hear how that goes @xThor !

I've been struggling with my driver this year. Both my EPIC LS and Rogue ST MAX heads.
I've been hitting sharp snap hooks when I wasn't hitting big, blasted push slices, with a the odd good one.

So on a whim, I bought a PX RED RDX shaft and plugged it into my MAX driver head.
I worked on my tempo as well and finally was hitting my driver well.
Nothing like fixing something just before winter gets here.

Back