2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

While my 9* Max (at -1/N) with Tensei Blue has worked so well for me since getting it last month, I’m really excited about trying some different combos out.

I am playing tomorrow, and while maybe not hitting a full round of shots, I do expect to hit a few different combos at the range and on the course.

So here’s what we’ll be bringing to play around with:

Heads
- Max 9*
- Max LS 9*

Shafts
- Tensei Blue 55 R
- Tensei White Pro 1K 50 R
- GD ADHD 60 S
- Ventus Blue 60 S

I’ve worked hard on learning to hit up on the ball, and since, my AoA is usually in the +3-4* range. My club head speed is where I am lacking right now. Prior to my strokes I could get up to 106-108mph, whereas now I’m topping out around 92-94, with being in the high 80’s more often. I think for me, this is going to rule out the stiff flex shafts above, as it’s going to be a bit harder to get them closed down/squared at impact based on some quick testing in a sim the other day.

the one I am most intrigued about, is the Tensei Pro White 1k in the Max LS head. I prefer a tight fade shot off the driver, and with this shaft and the more neutral head, my goal would be to hit a slightly lower window, drop spin a smidge, and get a penetrating fade.

I am starting to add up some proshop credit... .might pick up a Rogue ST driver to play around with...

I was looking at my last full round in Arccos and checking out some of the stats. I actually gained strokes off the tee when compared to an 8 handicap, mostly from accuracy. I hit 9 of 14 fairways and distance has been creeping back up. My misses were all playable and not having penalties off the tee sure does make it easier to post a decent score. This driver with the LinQ Red shaft has been such a great combo for me. Golf is a lot more fun when you're not dreading the tee box on every hole.

Well I am real freaking impressed with the Tenseri Pro With 1K in this driver. I played with it in the Max LS head today, and everything was a piercing fade. I was 11 of 14 fairways, with only 2 real bad shots, and 1 decent. Everything else was a fade that went about 250-260.

I do want to try it in the standard Max head just to see if that tightens up the dispersion any, but the Tensei with Max LS at 9* set -1/D was a champ.

E673A551-A3D5-4112-8F25-6823016E7FA0.jpeg

RST Max D + Kinetixx Velocity + 18mph wind in my back = just past pin high and less than 20’ away from just over 300yds.

C2FDA1BE-74FE-4D5B-A560-E410DCCC6EA1.jpeg

I am still loving my Max LS. I have finely tuned my stance and backswing move and it has become a fairway finder and consistently long. I am typically around 250 yds but have had a handful in the 275-285 over the past week, with a helping wind and a bit of roll. Just an easy driver to launch and hit straight

Finally hit these for the first time.

I went in to try the TSR3 and I could get the spin below 3K so first up was the Max LS. Opposite experience there it didn’t spin. First shot was 1500 and the next two were about 800 rpm kind of wild the difference there.

I tried the standard rogue max at 10.5 and too much spin still but 9° turned up one was perfect. Easily won as it was 20 yards longer with the right spin.

Not sure if I’ll pull the trigger on this or wait and see what December brings but the CPO route is tempting.

Hate to say it, but I've mostly gone away from the Rogue ST... It's clearly better at getting ideal numbers and flight when I groove it on the range, but it just doesn't fly on the course. Standard Mavrik's gotten the majority of my rounds this year.

Been crushing the Max here lately for me. May have been related to the tee height thread 🤦‍♂️. Seem to have two shots either a slight draw or a straight push that trickles off at the end but the distance is undeniable. In league where I’d hit 8-7 in last year I’m hitting SW-G in. Lessons and speed training have helped for sure but the forgiveness of this driver allows me to go after the ball without the big right miss in the back of my mind. The speed retention off the face is great as I’ll hit it near the toe and it still managed to putt the ball out there a decent ways where last year hope would have been losses and I’d be scrambling for Bogey at best.

I'm finally worrking out of my driver funk. In my round last night I took the long driver (Rogue ST LS 9 degree head with Autoflex shaft) once and the shorter driver (Rogue ST LS 10.5 degree head lofted up to 11.5 with UST LIN-Q Red shaft at 43.5 inches) 11 times. I only had one penalty off the tee on a genuinely bad swing where I over-faded it. Most of the drives were between 245-260 with the best drive being 274 yards. I hit a lot of fairways and my score reflected it. This driving pair has been solid when my swing hasn't been complete crap!

Knew I’ve been driving the ball well, but just looked at my stats and realized I’m hitting 48% of fairways over my last 15 rounds, which is a full 10% higher than my previous 50 rounds 🤯 it turns out getting fit to a driver and knowing your miss is a good thing.

Knew I’ve been driving the ball well, but just looked at my stats and realized I’m hitting 48% of fairways over my last 15 rounds, which is a full 10% higher than my previous 50 rounds 🤯 it turns out getting fit to a driver and knowing your miss is a good thing.
Here comes 60%!

For those that follow the business side or like that type of info, in August, Callaway surpassed TaylorMade as the number one driver sold for the month (fairways too).

That was a bit of a surprise to me personally, as I expected Stealth to stay there for the year, but hearing Titleist people even talk about the drop off made me realize that this might have been coming, and then the Datatech info confirmed it.

For those that follow the business side or like that type of info, in August, Callaway surpassed TaylorMade as the number one driver sold for the month (fairways too).

That was a bit of a surprise to me personally, as I expected Stealth to stay there for the year, but hearing Titleist people even talk about the drop off made me realize that this might have been coming, and then the Datatech info confirmed it.

Whoa. That's a pretty big deal.

Glad this thread popped up too because I'm back to experimenting again. Been loving the Max 10.5 (turned down a degree) combo with the LinQ White shaft (again thanks to @Golfers Anonymous) the guy is a legend and puts up with my stupid texts about shaft questions.

I found a deal on a Sim2 that I couldn't pass up, mostly because it had a LinQ purple and was basically brand new. Its not apples to apples it's an 8 degree head, but the results have me pondering again. The Sim2, though I rarely hit the fairway with it, lots of misses right - is consistently 20 yards or more farther than the Max. Made me wonder about the possibility of putting a LinQ purple in the Max. When I was fit for the Max D they had me in a 9 degree head, but down a degree, so now i'm wondering if the Max in a 9 degree head would give me similar results or not.

I love the forgiveness of the Max over the Sim2. I don't have to close the club face so much at address to keep it in the fairway. Cody told me that the Sim2 is a lower spinning head so that could be a lot of the difference as well.

Long story longer - I prefer the Max head over the Sim2 even with the distance issues. Playing out of the fairway is much better than scrambling from the rough any day. I'm just hoping I can find a combo soon that maybe gets me a little closer to those Sim2 numbers. Always nice to have the Max D in my back pocket too for when the swing goes off course. I just can't find anything to beat the Max at the moment. I prefer looking at that shape to the Sim2 any day.

Played two rounds this week and every time I tried the Sim2 on a hole, I went back to the Max on the next hole. It's just so much more consistent and instills so much more confidence standing over the ball.

Finally got back out the range after not touching the clubs for a while and the Max did not disappoint. There was still a bit of rust on the swing but I was hitting my targets with ease outside of a few pulls. I hit quite a few off the toe yet they still didn’t produce a bad result. As someone who is known for going through drivers like they’re candy, I’m looking forward to the next couple of seasons with this one

Finally got back out the range after not touching the clubs for a while and the Max did not disappoint. There was still a bit of rust on the swing but I was hitting my targets with ease outside of a few pulls. I hit quite a few off the toe yet they still didn’t produce a bad result. As someone who is known for going through drivers like they’re candy, I’m looking forward to the next couple of seasons with this one
I'm going out for a round this afternoon, after not swinging clubs for a few weeks. I'm hoping for similar results!

I'm going out for a round this afternoon, after not swinging clubs for a few weeks. I'm hoping for similar results!
How much time is left in your season?

So I've been living on the toe of the Max LS for about two weeks now. Haven't been able to center one consistently. But the distance that I still get while hitting the toe continues to just surpass expectations.

I've been getting a little frustrated with myself since I'm only hitting 250 on average the last couple times out. But again, that's strong toe side. I hit one drive 255 and on the next hole actually centered one and it went 305. 50 yard difference between shots.

Now, I'm not saying that as a bad thing. To me it's showing that the ball still gets out there for me on misses and still goes straight as well! But if I could center it regularly, bombs for days!

I'm so in love with this driver head. Just need to find the swing it deserves more often than I do

That is fantastic results!

That is fantastic results!
The craziest part is my p-avg is up to 291 yards while my accuracy has improved. I am officially done with the Max LS ponder, but with the 4 different heads that Callaway brought to market in this series I’m confident they have the perfect fit for everyone.

The craziest part is my p-avg is up to 291 yards while my accuracy has improved. I am officially done with the Max LS ponder, but with the 4 different heads that Callaway brought to market in this series I’m confident they have the perfect fit for everyone.

Cannot argue that at all. My Rogue Max D has been my favorite driver i have owned.

Long story longer - I prefer the Max head over the Sim2 even with the distance issues. Playing out of the fairway is much better than scrambling from the rough any day. I'm just hoping I can find a combo soon that maybe gets me a little closer to those Sim2 numbers.
I’d be wary about putting a Purple into the Rogue ST Max without getting some type of numbers. A fitting would answer it definitively but if you’re getting better distance out of a higher spinning shaft in a low spin head you may have to knock down some spin with the Rogue. I think the Blue would be a good start if not a Black. I’m making a big assumption that you’d see the same results that I’m seeing which is why I like testing on a simulator or getting a fitting before making a change.

I forgot how to swing the driver. I was almost guiding it and hitting way lower than I normally do. I started reaching back for a little more and hitting up at it. I got the ball flight I have been used to and the distance came back.

The ability to send it with the Max is off the charts!

Back