Play golf as often as I can, and to get my swing down. Where I'm more consistant at hitting a good shot, instead of fat or behind the ball.

Last edited:
-break 70
-gain consistency to shoot under 80 more regularly
-go on a big golf trip
-play a bigger variety of courses this year
-continue to enjoy every second of the game
another goal of mine is to be confident in myself. Too many times, I let ONE bad shot derail a round. Gotta keep that confidence going!!

Get my scoring average as close to 90 as I can.

Maintain a cap below bogey golf.

keep having fun playing.

Iā€™d love to attend another THP experience. And list that as a ā€œgoalā€.

but if thatā€™s not in the cardsā€¦.win* the unofficial THP Team Southwest Vs everyone event that we will make happen this year.

*winning means having as much fun as a group wherever we go as we did in Austin!

Get back to the mid 80s regularly. Only sporadically right now but getting there.

Same as this past season, shoot par or better 10 times. This season was 9 times out of 112 rounds. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Par or better for a side. A 75 or better for 18.

The other goal I have is to keep being a positive example for my kids on the course. They started loving golf more by the end of the season and I hope to continue that next season.

I have been striking the ball much better lately and really playing well around the greens. I finished the year at a 17.4 handicap which was 3 strokes worse worse than where I finished 2020.

If anyone ever asks me why I don't take lessons I will show them my year šŸ˜‚. Took 5 lessons over the course of 2 months and went from regularly shooting around 90 to shooting over 100 and then when I ditched my instructor I finally got my game back to where it was around the Morgan Cup.

I am going to keep working by myself and I hope to finish sub 15 handicap by the end of 2022. I also had no rounds under 90 in 2021 after having 5 of them in 2020. That's another goal to break 90 again by the end of May.

I'm committing myself to speed training with the Stacks system, and my goal is to get my driver ball speed up to 158 mph or more from about 150 mph now. Hopefully, a 5% increase shouldn't be too much to ask.

Played as often as 2021, about 55 rounds

keep my handicap under 10

Meet more THPrs!!! ;)

Improve my putting and short game. I realize I'm losing a lot of strokes here, that if I put in the time and effort I would reap some rewards.

After getting a lesson to help lose less shots OB off the tee, I can start to really focus on hitting more fairways. This will hopefully lead to hitting more GIR's, and lower scores.

It will vary by club, but I'd like to average 50% Fairways (up from my 32% currently). I was averaging 25% or so pre-lesson. Putting has been just ok, so dropping from my current 34 putts per round to 30 or so would be fantastic.
  • 50% F
  • 11/18 GIRs
  • 50% chance of breaking 80 on a regulation course (A bit of a stretch)
  • 30 or less putts per round

Now that Iā€™ve made peace with just not having much time for golf, and accepting (wow so many) bad shots, just want to enjoy my rounds and look for the positives.

Also would like to hang around here more often. Missed all you goofballs.

Play blades.

Break 80. Crazy to think that a year or so ago it was to break 90ā€¦. Iā€™ve been stuck around 82-87 all year and it feels ever so close.

Lose 20% of my body weight
Gain Speed
Qualify for the Minnesota State Open or Am
Win my Club Championship

Golf Trips! All of them!

• Establish a fitness routine to prevent injury
  • Play more rounds than I did in 2021 (TBD >46)
  • Full swing practice at least 2x per week
  • Putting practice at least 3x per week
  • Make an eagle
  • Make at least 3 birdies in a round
  • Set new handicap PB (<8.0)
  • Play a round in at least 5 different states

Recover from my broken arm. Play a lot more and get my handicap down. Play more consistently and not so much of a roller-coaster.

And get into another THP event;)

Break 80. Dassit!

I want to get to a 2.0

10 HCP is my goal and shoot some rounds in 70s

Lose 20% of my body weight
Gain Speed
Qualify for the Minnesota State Open or Am
Win my Club Championship

Golf Trips! All of them!
Golf trips you say? ;)

Get my putting game back up to snuff. I hit it too well this past year only to have the putter completely abandon me.

Back