2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

The 60 gram I think is like 68 gram raw.. It is ever so slightly counterbalanced due to the added material in the handle to stiffen that section. I would not call it a counter balanced shaft but it leans that way.
I was curious what you meant, because the two shafts I was referencing are only two grams difference in weight as per the specs on the companies’ websites. This makes sense.

The 60 gram I think is like 68 gram raw.. It is ever so slightly counterbalanced due to the added material in the handle to stiffen that section. I would not call it a counter balanced shaft but it leans that way.
I added some extra weight to my head to accommodate it. Toying around with some lead tape too before I buy a heavier front weight or something of the like. I cut my Rogue White down to play 44" and had to add some tape to get it where I wanted it (going on feel alone, no idea what the swing weight is). I put my TR back in and left the tape. Hitting into a net it feels pretty good. Going to leave it on there and hopefully get 9 holes in tonight. Should be driver on every hole that isn't a par 3. My last round at my home course I only hit driver 4 times. Hard to get in a rhythm with it when there is 11 holes between drives haha.

I added some extra weight to my head to accommodate it. Toying around with some lead tape too before I buy a heavier front weight or something of the like. I cut my Rogue White down to play 44" and had to add some tape to get it where I wanted it (going on feel alone, no idea what the swing weight is). I put my TR back in and left the tape. Hitting into a net it feels pretty good. Going to leave it on there and hopefully get 9 holes in tonight. Should be driver on every hole that isn't a par 3. My last round at my home course I only hit driver 4 times. Hard to get in a rhythm with it when there is 11 holes between drives haha.
Damn. 44" is seriously short. How much tape did you add?

Damn. 44" is seriously short. How much tape did you add?
I added 5 grams via the rear weight. Then another 3 grams in tape. It was a test since for the past few years 3 wood has been almost automatic (and almost as long as driver). So, I was toying around trying to replicate the feel with the heavier head and shorter shaft. I put my 3 wood shaft in it initially and the results were pretty promising (into a net). Was hitting center over and over and the shorter shaft seemed easier for me to make a nice sequenced move. I picked up a Rogue White 70TX proto on ebay last year for like $100. It doesn't really have any resale value so I decided to sacrifice it for science. At similar lengths it wasn't beating the TR anyways.

So I have friend who's 77 years old and he asked me about this driver - Retired Doctor that wishes he was 47 again.
I've gotten the impression that the Stealth Driver performs better for high speed swingers and perhaps the Rogue ST would be a better fit with the forgiveness.
Now I know I should tell him to go get fit, but let's forget that common sense for a minute.

Any thoughts on the Stealth with a lower 70's CHS?

So I have friend who's 77 years old and he asked me about this driver - Retired Doctor that wishes he was 47 again.
I've gotten the impression that the Stealth Driver performs better for high speed swingers and perhaps the Rogue ST would be a better fit with the forgiveness.
Now I know I should tell him to go get fit, but let's forget that common sense for a minute.

Any thoughts on the Stealth with a lower 70's CHS?
I would assume the Stealth HD would likely be the closes to the Rogue ST Max. I can't say how they would compare in forgiveness. But, I would think the Stealth line will perform as well as any other driver even at a slower speed. The Stealth Plus can hover pretty low on the spin spectrum which could be a bad fit for a slower speed.

same. I added a few strips of lead tape. I am not a fan of hot melt or anything that permanent. I change set ups too much.

same. I added a few strips of lead tape. I am not a fan of hot melt or anything that permanent. I change set ups too much.
I wouldn't be opposed to hot melt. But, I feel the sound and feel are about perfect as is. Not sure I would want to deaden it more. I also don't know if I would add more weight to the front. If the weight change is to be permanent I think I will just source an even heavier rear weight and call it good.

I wouldn't be opposed to hot melt. But, I feel the sound and feel are about perfect as is. Not sure I would want to deaden it more. I also don't know if I would add more weight to the front. If the weight change is to be permanent I think I will just source an even heavier rear weight and call it good.

You could get a heavier track weight as well. I did that with my OG SIM. I think the standard is 10 grams. I found a 5 gram weight from an M5 and added it and it was perfect.

You could get a heavier track weight as well. I did that with my OG SIM. I think the standard is 10 grams. I found a 5 gram weight from an M5 and added it and it was perfect.
That is an option. Just not sure I want to add more weight and potentially lower spin. Hell, I may just keep the lead tape on and call it good.

That is an option. Just not sure I want to add more weight and potentially lower spin. Hell, I may just keep the lead tape on and call it good.

Lead tape is awesome.. I am a fan.. I think I have lead tape on every club but my putter.

Maybe I already didn't.... :unsure::p
DNice, dressed as a police officer, pulled over the TaylorMade rep and told him that this can all go away if you just hand over a Stealth Plus driver.

I also love that it makes @OldandStiff cringe. That alone is almost worth it.. lol!!!

It certainly shouldn't make him cringe......

Surely lead tape can't be any more foul then............I dunno........ leaving the retail stickers on one's clubs.....?

:ROFLMAO::LOL:

It certainly shouldn't make him cringe......

Surely lead tape can't be any more foul then............I dunno........ leaving the retail stickers on one's clubs.....?

:ROFLMAO::LOL:
We are not friends anymore.

In fact, you might get some video mentions that one. 🖕

We are not friends anymore.

In fact, you might get some video mentions that one. 🖕

Well, if leaving stickers on your clubs is cool..... consider yourself....

Well, if leaving stickers on your clubs is cool..... consider yourself....

I'm putting a sticker back on my Stealth, just for you guys, and watch me outdrive you with StickerPower!

Would it help if I said they were for weight placement instead of sheer laziness? I tried that once with @Canadan and he surely just laughed at me, but my wedges heard me and went on a serious run so the placebo StickerPower is strong. :LOL:

Thinking back on my crap day yesterday with the Stealth - don't think I actually mentioned that in here. I had a crap swing day yesterday and this thing was getting the better of me. Mines long, and heavy, and takes a decent player. 😆 Anyway, thinking back on a couple of middling drives with it I want to say once again they I'm finding the heel side of this thing pretty astounding. I had one that was like 315, with maybe 20 feet of right curve, on a pretty terrible strike. It just doesn't seem to spin up or want to move a ton. At the time of strike I'm like OH LORD and going full Hidecki drop (in my mind) and then it's fine. Better than even. Blows my mind.

Thinking back on my crap day yesterday with the Stealth - don't think I actually mentioned that in here. I had a crap swing day yesterday and this thing was getting the better of me. Mines long, and heavy, and takes a decent player. 😆 Anyway, thinking back on a couple of middling drives with it I want to say once again they I'm finding the heel side of this thing pretty astounding. I had one that was like 315, with maybe 20 feet of right curve, on a pretty terrible strike. It just doesn't seem to spin up or want to move a ton. At the time of strike I'm like OH LORD and going full Hidecki drop (in my mind) and then it's fine. Better than even. Blows my mind.

I gave the toe side a good spin and ……well, it didn’t go well for me! 😆

Last edited:
Back