2022 Titleist Tour Speed and Tour Soft Golf Balls

$35 for no urethane is a bit steep, considering the excellent options in the DTC space. Still, I've played a couple of found Tour Speed and Tour Soft balls and liked them well enough. Slightly off-topic, but I think that the real sleeper in Titleist's line is the TruFeel; it's really an excellent ball, I love finding them on the course.

I would love to see a comparison video with Titleist Tour Speed, Srixon QST, Wilson/Staff Triad, and TaylorMade Tour Response!

I had a good stretch with the previous model of the Tour Speed and bought way too many of them. I learned to not like it on partial wedges and the short game.

For me it came down to the cost factor. It's in that odd pricing space below a premium ball and above a lower priced ball.

If I'm playing things to roll out with the short game, I've played better rounds with the Callaway SuperSoft. If I'm gonna pay $40 for a dozen, I'd rather throw $10 more at a Callaway Chrome Soft.

Todays mail contained a sleeve from the good folks at Titleist!

I wasn't too keen on the original Tour Speed. I see very little was done with this iteration except for the core, so I doubt I'll be giving this one a shot. But it's at a good price point, along with the Tour Soft. Hard for me to get away from the V1 or V1 Left Dot.

I ordered the Tour Speed after the recommendation from Titleist on line chat, I have played couple of rounds with them and for my slower senior swing speed they don't have the distance or control that I get from the AVX. I was given a sleeve of the Tour Soft and they play well and I would consider it my second choice over the AVX.

Played the new tour speed today and I was impressed. The first iteration was ok with less than stellar durability. The 2022 model is great and works as advertised. The biggest difference is increased durability and short game spin. I was able to drop and stop close range shots. Very happy with this ball.

Played the new tour speed today and I was impressed. The first iteration was ok with less than stellar durability. The 2022 model is great and works as advertised. The biggest difference is increased durability and short game spin. I was able to drop and stop close range shots. Very happy with this ball.
I have only spent a brief time with them, how do you think they compare to AVX and Pro V1?

I have only spent a brief time with them, how do you think they compare to AVX and Pro V1?
The AVX is my regular ball, and I think it's more in the realm of the AVX. It's soft and has a lower flight. It doesn't fly as far as the AVX, but still takes a good ride. I was able to stop it within 2-4 feet on the green with my longer irons as well (steep swing). I don't think it compares well to the ProV1 very well tho.

I was able to play the first gen and the 2022 model side by side yesterday. Again, all around good ball; durability on the first generation cover is terrible. The durability on the 2022 is better but not quite great. Feel is similar, both are softer. Low flight off the driver. Both generations are closer to the AVX than a ProV1.

I was able to play the first gen and the 2022 model side by side yesterday. Again, all around good ball; durability on the first generation cover is terrible. The durability on the 2022 is better but not quite great. Feel is similar, both are softer. Low flight off the driver. Both generations are closer to the AVX than a ProV1.
Agreed the durability is questionable. One round and I had a few with cover sticking out. I stay to velocity or Pro V1x. Velocity is a dang good distance ball but not as expensive.

Agreed the durability is questionable. One round and I had a few with cover sticking out. I stay to velocity or Pro V1x. Velocity is a dang good distance ball but not as expensive.
Yea, I don't think the price matches its performance. Kinda jack of all, master of none.

I saw something on the internets today that made me go, hmmm. I was sent a list that stated the Tour Speed was the 2nd longest ball across a ton of brands.

Can anyone confirm this?

I found the Tour Speed to be too spinny off the tee and not spinny enough around the greens. It also seemed to want to move offline with the slightest of breeze. They did go FAR though if the conditions were perfect. Overall I preferred the Velocity to the Tour Speed but not enough to game either. Need to try AVX soon.

I threw 3 dozen of them in the trash when I was purging my golf area last month. Grew to hate that ball.

It’s funny to see this thread pop up. At a club tournament they had a titleist tent. We all got sleeves of Tour Soft and Tru Feel to use over the course of the day. I liked the Tour Soft of the two. It did a surprisingly good job of sticking on the greens. It’s not a moment I usually get with soft feel golf balls.

I recently purchased 2 dozen Tour Speeds during Amazon Prime days ($5 off per dozen), because I had played them before and thought they worked well for my game.

They do, but after using them the past couple of weeks, I have noticed what others have: that the cover gets damaged very easily. I don't know why, but they do.

That sucks, because other than that, I really like the Tour Speed.

Interestingly enough I have been browsing some ball sites and going through their ball selector tools. For some reason the tour speed keeps coming up for me when I expected ProV1...hmmm

Interestingly enough I have been browsing some ball sites and going through their ball selector tools. For some reason the tour speed keeps coming up for me when I expected ProV1...hmmm
Do you think it has to do with your swing speed? I would always assume you would end up ProV1 as well - not ever seeing you play just reading about you. I don't want to re-do the premium argument, but I would assume you would be premium ball 100% of the time.

Do you think it has to do with your swing speed? I would always assume you would end up ProV1 as well - not ever seeing you play just reading about you. I don't want to re-do the premium argument, but I would assume you would be premium ball 100% of the time.
This is a premium ball.

This is a premium ball.
What are your thoughts on that selection out of curiosity? I realize its chosen from a database and not through a fitting I just found it interesting. I have never played that ball nor would I likely select it on my own.

As @JB said its still a premium ball but I don't know why swing speed would be a factor its not even one of the questions asked.

What are your thoughts on that selection out of curiosity? I realize its chosen from a database and not through a fitting I just found it interesting. I have never played that ball nor would I likely select it on my own.
The ball performs pretty well, but it has the weirdest sound to me of any premium golf ball. Personally I don't love it for you, because im not sure you will generate enough spin off the tee.

The Tour Speed is a great ball, but lacks anything that really stands out. Again, Jack of all, master of none.

Back