2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

Just picked up Peacock. Will probably subscribe to the MLS package this year.
I had the MLS apple package and glad I did. Production could still use some polish but the user interface was pretty clean.

Am I recalling correctly you are a Union fan?
Union and Sporting KC. I keep telling myself I get a 2 for 1 deal since I follow both teams :LOL:

Union and Sporting KC. I keep telling myself I get a 2 for 1 deal since I follow both teams :LOL:
Nothing wrong with that. Maybe I should find a western conference team….

We could have some fun here if I picked St. Louis 😜

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

2?
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Was a Union fan but got big into Sporting KC when we lived in Kansas City because the stadium atmosphere is absolutely electric!

1705894636451.jpeg

Hmm, it's usually the first that stirs true emotion or passion but ok. When will that game happen?
The Union were founded in 2008, so I want exactly born into it. It works out nicely with them being in different conferences, so they’ll probably never play that game.

That's a big thing. Even when Pool hasn't been at their best, there's been an idea as to who they are and how they play. I see abig chance for them being the next ManU, who fall apart for a decade.

That's a big thing. Even when Pool hasn't been at their best, there's been an idea as to who they are and how they play. I see abig chance for them being the next ManU, who fall apart for a decade.
I'll keep my mouth shut 🤣

Man, I get it from the business side, but from a fan side I’m so over MLS website being basically all Messi all the time.

I laughed way too hard at this

I laughed way too hard at this

Nothing shady about any of these choices, especially knowing a lot of the choices came down to how many corporate suites are available & how much work has to done to get a proper sized pitch.

I’m glad the U.S. team is playing group stage here in Los Angeles. I’m going to try and get to their game

Wife & I are thinking of a Seattle mission, haven't explored there & try to get in the 4 group stage games being held there.

Nothing shady about any of these choices, especially knowing a lot of the choices came down to how many corporate suites are available & how much work has to done to get a proper sized pitch.
He’s referencing American football and the NFL players to a man saying Met Life is the worse place to play in the nfl bc of the field. I think fifa requires grass so should be a moot point but still funny

I’m glad the U.S. team is playing group stage here in Los Angeles. I’m going to try and get to their game
My sister-in-law lives about seven miles from So-Fi Stadium, so I’m definitely going to try to get USMNT tickets.

So the game is rapidly being destroyed by IFAB, between VAR, substitution rules and now 10min sin bin blue cards for who knows what offenses, the beautiful game is done.

10min? Rigby uses the sin bin effectively, 2 min and during that time the video ref will even re-review the incident and determine if the initial offense needs to be upgraded (NZ captain was sinbinned in RWC final and upgraded to a red for example) but no, IFAB thinks a 10 min sin bin is the right way to go.

Corrupt.

So the game is rapidly being destroyed by IFAB, between VAR, substitution rules and now 10min sin bin blue cards for who knows what offenses, the beautiful game is done.

10min? Rigby uses the sin bin effectively, 2 min and during that time the video ref will even re-review the incident and determine if the initial offense needs to be upgraded (NZ captain was sinbinned in RWC final and upgraded to a red for example) but no, IFAB thinks a 10 min sin bin is the right way to go.

Corrupt.
I’ll play devil’s advocate a little bit. The level of dissent and disrespect towards refs needed to be addressed in some manner. I like have an option beyond just sending off because the environ won’t support that, even when warranted.

I agree 10 min is a bit long though. I would have rather seen five min.

I’ll play devil’s advocate a little bit. The level of dissent and disrespect towards refs needed to be addressed in some manner. I like have an option beyond just sending off because the environ won’t support that, even when warranted.

I agree 10 min is a bit long though. I would have rather seen five min.
While I don't disagree, it's up to the ref to discipline and control the game, look at the stats for the most cards shown for dissent & tell me of the sin bins would happen for those players (cos we know the league is also more interested in making sure 'star' players are on the field).

We are seeing too much reliance on VAR to make or not make decisions, today there are more handball penalty decisions where they were given and everyone says they shouldn't yet a week ago penalties were not given and arms were in unnatural positions.

I don't feel a sin bin will fix anything, at best if referees actually enforce we will get to a point where games are abandoned because we get to the below the minimum amount of players left in the field.

Back