2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

While I don't disagree, it's up to the ref to discipline and control the game, look at the stats for the most cards shown for dissent & tell me of the sin bins would happen for those players (cos we know the league is also more interested in making sure 'star' players are on the field).

We are seeing too much reliance on VAR to make or not make decisions, today there are more handball penalty decisions where they were given and everyone says they shouldn't yet a week ago penalties were not given and arms were in unnatural positions.

I don't feel a sin bin will fix anything, at best if referees actually enforce we will get to a point where games are abandoned because we get to the below the minimum amount of players left in the field.
I’d be okay if VAR went away honestly. Maybe only use for post match discipline when teams get into scrums for egregious acts. I feel like it undercuts the refs.

Its played by humans, refereed by humans, and coached by humans. Humans make mistakes but that’s okay.

Watching a little Sunday morning EPL. This Luton Town - Manchester United game has been extremely entertaining.

MLS kicks off again tonight!!! :love:

Could have, not sure if should have, but damn that was a chance for the first silverwear in along time for my Chelsea.

Could have, not sure if should have, but damn that was a chance for the first silverwear in along time for my Chelsea.
& now we have to listen to the inevitable quadruple garbage from kloppite gobshites

& now we have to listen to the inevitable quadruple garbage from kloppite gobshites
It was mentioned straight after the game even in the finnish broadcast :D

Arsenal have score like 17 goals in 4 games. Wild

I'm depressed. We should not have lost to a Liverpool B side.

Watching Chelsea - Leeds in the FA Cup. As expected, flashes of good, a lot of turd.

But holy hell, if I was ever a manager of a team like this, some of these guys would train alone or in the reserves from now on due to the lazyness on show. First one being the laziest winger in PL Raheem "I only care about me" Sterling.

Angry Hate GIF

I almost feel bad about that Conor goal. Chelsea have no business winning this match.

I almost feel bad about that Conor goal. Chelsea have no business winning this match.
Absolutely abysmal for 99% of the second half. But if this doesn't start sealing Conor's new contract, not much will.

Luton town has made a a nice comeback to tie it up.

Luton sure is plucky.
Yeah. I went and looked at the table because I didn’t realize where AVL was. Would have thought they were closer together. 2nd half has been totally opposite.

Yeah. I went and looked at the table because I didn’t realize where AVL was. Would have thought they were closer together. 2nd half has been totally opposite.
They're competitive but clearly lack the last little bit of skill to keep up.

It's rather boring seeing the three newly promoted are clearly the three going back down.

I gotta say, I watched that game today and I'm sorry about André Gomes. I don't know what he does well.
Haven't watched due to not having USA, Gomes is a swarovski crystal in the rough, should be a diamond but spends way too much time in the medical tent

Haven't watched due to not having USA, Gomes is a swarovski crystal in the rough, should be a diamond but spends way too much time in the medical tent
As the game was dying and Everton was chasing a goal and then went one down, he just kinda passed the ball sideways or back or lost it when he dribbled forward.

Just got home from a long day of soccer for my girls. Settling in to watch replays and it looks like I have some quality matches to choose from

1709416858296.png

Two things:

1) Onana isn't very good.

2) City is going to rip apart League 1 after the massive point reduction imposed on them for the 115 financial breaches between 2008 and 2018

Two things:

1) Onana isn't very good.

2) City is going to rip apart League 1 after the massive point reduction imposed on them for the 115 financial breaches between 2008 and 2018
When do you think the lawyers will try the 'state secrets' defense for why they can't show where the money is or came from?

Back