2023 Anthony Kim Rumor Mill….

I think the man bun is the 2024 version of the buckle
If there is anything that I am disappointed with, it's his "Chic Hobo" look that he has going on.

I don’t think he’s really focused on the competitive aspect despite his comments about kicking asses
I know he most likely needed the guaranteed money for this to make sense, but you also can't ignore that he is competing for the largest purses. Playing to win more money just makes sense.

I enjoyed it and I’ll watch again.

season 1 nbc GIF by Manifest

If we’re speaking realistically he was never going to pursue the pga sponsor side. He apparently had sponsors for every event from the rumors. I just don’t think thats what he’s focused on anymore. Things like majors don’t matter to him. If we’re being honest his work ethic was questionable when he was at his best. Then he hung it up. We can say injuries did him in and what not but quite simply he went away for 12 years. Great players that want to be the best don’t quit like that. Tiger is half way to being a robot these days but you can point to plenty of greats that came back from bad things. Heck Hogan came back from a car crash and they didn’t have the resources these days to rehab a person back. No less no injury lingers for 12 years and suddenly heals to where you now can play. AK was always gonna go get the easy money because for him he secured the bag and all he had to do was provide nostalgia to fans with no strings attached. His focus isn’t the competition side and I think most realize that. Thats not what they are watching him for. They are watching him for the old Kim, belt buckles, etc.
A few questions about this statement.... How do you know his motivation? How do you know mine as a fan of his? How do you know what he's been dealing w/ the last 12 years? The problem w/ your post here is that you speak as if your assumptions are facts.

If we’re speaking realistically he was never going to pursue the pga sponsor side. He apparently had sponsors for every event from the rumors. I just don’t think thats what he’s focused on anymore. Things like majors don’t matter to him. If we’re being honest his work ethic was questionable when he was at his best. Then he hung it up. We can say injuries did him in and what not but quite simply he went away for 12 years. Great players that want to be the best don’t quit like that. Tiger is half way to being a robot these days but you can point to plenty of greats that came back from bad things. Heck Hogan came back from a car crash and they didn’t have the resources these days to rehab a person back. No less no injury lingers for 12 years and suddenly heals to where you now can play. AK was always gonna go get the easy money because for him he secured the bag and all he had to do was provide nostalgia to fans with no strings attached. His focus isn’t the competition side and I think most realize that. Thats not what they are watching him for. They are watching him for the old Kim, belt buckles, etc.
I think this is jumping to way too many conclusions without any real facts. There’s speculation roaming, but its all by people who are…speculating. We have no clue what happened in those 12 years. You also can’t knock someone’s competitive fire so easily like that. Yes, some people put competition and the game before anything else, but sometimes it comes at a big sacrifice - perhaps family. Others have the competitive desire, but there are things that may knock it down one or two pegs, like taking care of your family. Going the route that allows him to do both absolutely makes sense, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about winning and returning to the top.

76 actually seems pretty respectable to me. It’s not like he went out and shot an 85. Solid starting point and we’ll see moving forward if he can find some of the old magic.

I’m not a LIV fan, but definitely rooting for AK. Glad to see him back.

Not sure if this is posted somewhere already, but here are some AK highlights from round 1.

Watched a few highlights from Youtube. Probably the peak for his return is over but you never know. 76 isn't too bad considering how long he's been away.

Curious if he took out an insurance policy against his LIV contract. :unsure:

Rocking jordan 1 lows.. Best golf shoe out there in my opinion..

Unfortunate to see him come out poorly, but also kind of expected. Let’s see how the rest plays out though. 3 rounds of 6 over yea that will be brutal. But plenty of guys who have been playing consistently the last few years can still easily throw out a +6 every now and then.

They are pretty awesome.
I converted so hard to these. I love how flat and low they are.. I can feel the ground.. I love it!!

Unfortunate to see him come out poorly, but also kind of expected. Let’s see how the rest plays out though. 3 rounds of 6 over yea that will be brutal. But plenty of guys who have been playing consistently the last few years can still easily throw out a +6 every now and then.
I think he‘ll just need time to get over some of the nerves of being back in competitive golf after a long hiatus. Maybe not at Jeddah, though it would be awesome, but over some time. He definitely was a little rusty in areas like his short game, but had some good moments throughout the round. His putting seemed to be pretty solid.

I think he played just fine today. Let him get a few months of tournaments under his belt and then we shall see where he's at.

I am still wondering what Norman sees in him. 12 years away from the game is an enormous hurdle to overcome in this day and age. It is an interesting experiment.

I am still wondering what Norman sees in him. 12 years away from the game is an enormous hurdle to overcome in this day and age. It is an interesting experiment.
new subscribers to the LIV app. He doesn't care what AK shoots, as long as new people download the app.

In his video and and the LIV promo video, he said some things like "Hello Haters", to definitely fan the flames. I think it would have better for AK to approach this opportunity with a more humble attitude . However, perhaps that is what LIV and AK wanted to do to get more publicity and buzz. If that was the case, I think it is a little too WWE and UFC marketing for me.

So which of you nutjobs is getting up early or staying up late again?

In his video and and the LIV promo video, he said some things like "Hello Haters", to definitely fan the flames. I think it would have better for AK to approach this opportunity with a more humble attitude . However, perhaps that is what LIV and AK wanted to do to get more publicity and buzz. If that was the case, I think it is a little too WWE and UFC marketing for me.

I kinda like this. It seems like this is what LIV paid all that money for.

I smile a little at a 3 win guy with a 30 win ego, but I’ve come to realize that this was part of his charm and appeal back in the day.

So which of you nutjobs is getting up early or staying up late again?
I was pretty damn tired today all day after watching until around 2am PT and getting up at 6:30 to get ready before the kids got up. Probably gonna just watch highlights tomorrow :LOL:.

No one liked him a decade ago because he was humble, he knows how to cater to his fans

Back