2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

thank you not sure my ball stats look like that but worth a shot ... difference in feel... leaning any way besides MC? Do you own either currently?
They're both great feeling irons. I'll be playing one or few of both this year I think. Will have a couple of the ZX in the bag until Morgan Cup club time. And my internal debate about what and how many of each of the Cobras continues to rage. Lol

I have no reason to but I really want to see the CB's in the wild

I have no reason to but I really want to see the CB's in the wild

Do you think your local places will get them in? I pretty much love every thing I see about the Tours, but the CB's are one of those sets you almost have to hit just to say you did.

Do you think your local places will get them in? I pretty much love every thing I see about the Tours, but the CB's are one of those sets you almost have to hit just to say you did.
Eventually yes. They have the Tours and the MB's but not the CB's, its strange. I won't do anything with the MB's but look

Have not watched this.....just posting as I've found some of their videos interesting at times...

Have not watched this.....just posting as I've found some of their videos interesting at times...

Some good nuggets in there, thanks for sharing

Borderline best friend bought the Tours while I was out of town and loves them. He will now let me hit the heck out of his long irons to help determine my Cobra order and gain temporary true best friend status. 😁

I'm excited about part of this.

I did not want to hit the Tour 4 iron today, but I finally hit the Tour 4 iron on monitor today. I will put thoughts and numbers when I get home in a bit.

Let us know how it goes.
They are really good, very solid feel and a few yards longer than the Titleist 620 MB’s that I had been playing. Easy to control the flight and shape of the ball, great turf interaction.

Had a chance to put the King Tour and the CB through the paces this evening. Didn't hit the MB because it was pointless to do during a fitting.

The CB has a larger profile than I expected. It looks great and wasn't intimidating. The feel was very soft and pleasing. I hit one and the pro looked at me with a smile. All I could say is that "I didn't even feel it." Spin won't be an issue for the low spin guys. 7 iron with the Modus 120 X (I game the S) was around 7700 with a 155 carry. If I played in no wind all the time I could really seriously consider these down to maybe a 6 iron and then Tours in 5 iron. @jdtox These are for you. You can handle them with ease and put up some great scores.

The King Tour. Super clean looks, confidence inspiring. Really couldn't see a major size difference in the current gamer King Tour MIM. the Tour23 feels better than the MIM on off center strikes. Center strikes aren't harsh on the MIM. The sound is more crisp on the Tour23.

MIM (tonight) carry 162, back spin 7700, pretty consistent
Tour 23 Carry 169 with spin 7000. (I can't say I know why the spin dropped) Here was the ONLY reason these did not win the fitting tonight. I couldn't get the consistent carry I didn't from the eventual winner. This was a me issue with strike point. Not sure why.
I can not say the iron I chose today was better than the Tour. I just hit them better. This lineup is special. The Morgan Cup guys have some really tough choices to make.

The last one in the vid is actually the third one in the sequence. I was only going to hit 3, but decided to hit a couple more but I didn't do the monitor walk so I just put them in the middle.

20230223_204821.jpg

It seems good. Seems to spin a decent amount. The MIMs did too. There's a noticeable difference in feel between these and the CBs. The cut out and TPU insert is different off the face. Nice though, and you get good feedback. I heeled one a bit, toed another. Head felt pretty stable though despite. The result forgiveness was definitely there. Like I said I didn't really want to hit it today. Feeling smoked after these last couple rounds. Wanted to get it off my list though. And it probably worked out best to do it in that condition. 99% this club will be in the bag.

Just saw that the tours are sold out for now on the site - I wonder how long it'll take them to restock.

Available in lefty. 😁

Lol I'm left handed but papa raised me to swing right like him - this would be a very expensive reason to convert

Just saw that the tours are sold out for now on the site - I wonder how long it'll take them to restock.
It looks like they're just sold out of the stock $ Taper S and X sets. Lots of other no upcharge and custom options showing available.

It looks like they're just sold out of the stock $ Taper S and X sets. Lots of other no upcharge and custom options showing available.

It just updated! @OldandStiff , you're a wizard! (I promise, I had been looking at the 4-pw graphite set the last 2 or 3 days and it was giving me out of stock)

The tours are so nice, I don’t need to be playing a less forgiving iron though

Out of my league!
D4985E21-292B-41FC-8498-CACEDA89A481.jpegB59D7B93-3D7C-47A7-8F77-C5AE0E01B784.jpeg

Lots? I'd say there are lots of custom options that have costs associated with them but as far a no upcharge there are only 4 unfortunately.

Lots? I'd say there are lots of custom options that have costs associated with them but as far a no upcharge there are only 4 unfortunately.
I meant across the different steel/graphite/and flex range. Which means they have the heads and are/were just out of those shafts for them.

Had a chance to put the King Tour and the CB through the paces this evening. Didn't hit the MB because it was pointless to do during a fitting.

The CB has a larger profile than I expected. It looks great and wasn't intimidating. The feel was very soft and pleasing. I hit one and the pro looked at me with a smile. All I could say is that "I didn't even feel it." Spin won't be an issue for the low spin guys. 7 iron with the Modus 120 X (I game the S) was around 7700 with a 155 carry. If I played in no wind all the time I could really seriously consider these down to maybe a 6 iron and then Tours in 5 iron. @jdtox These are for you. You can handle them with ease and put up some great scores.

The King Tour. Super clean looks, confidence inspiring. Really couldn't see a major size difference in the current gamer King Tour MIM. the Tour23 feels better than the MIM on off center strikes. Center strikes aren't harsh on the MIM. The sound is more crisp on the Tour23.

MIM (tonight) carry 162, back spin 7700, pretty consistent
Tour 23 Carry 169 with spin 7000. (I can't say I know why the spin dropped) Here was the ONLY reason these did not win the fitting tonight. I couldn't get the consistent carry I didn't from the eventual winner. This was a me issue with strike point. Not sure why.
I can not say the iron I chose today was better than the Tour. I just hit them better. This lineup is special. The Morgan Cup guys have some really tough choices to make.
I like the comparison to the MIM. That's what I would look at MIM vs Tour

King Tours want me to take them home......

Back