2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

they have been on my mind a lot lately.
they're fantastic. cobra absolutely nailed the feel. playable with lots of forgiveness, too.

The 6 is easier than you think to hit. I would consider going 6-GW and then supporting it with a hybrid at the top. Just my .02. I love the GW in this set. It’s a weapon.
Agree all the way down to 5 even. I started with 6i and it it so well that I ended up adding a 5i.

Big thing with these is just getting over the idea that I/you can’t/shouldn’t play em.
Once you swing these you can convince yourself pretty quick. The feedback is really good too. Oh man, toed that one, thinned that one but the results were surprisingly good…maybe I really can play these.

Yeah, I recall seeing that photo. Im just really curious about them in terms of the forgiveness everyone talks about relative to their size
Its all about that weight placement. They took weight out of the cavity and were able to move it around. The sole size I believe being a bit wider helps as well but being able to improve launch and forgiveness is what helps us non elite ball strikers. I have found them to be quite forgiving especially out toward the toe. The TPU insert really makes them feel amazing too.

It’s all about that weight placement. They took weight out of the cavity and were able to move it around. The sole size I believe being a bit wider helps as well but being able to improve launch and forgiveness is what helps us non elite ball strikers. I have found them to be quite forgiving especially out toward the toe. The TPU insert really makes them feel amazing too.
Out towards the toe… it’s like you are speaking directly to me.

The 6 is easier than you think to hit. I would consider going 6-GW and then supporting it with a hybrid at the top. Just my .02. I love the GW in this set. It’s a weapon.
That setup with a 6 hybrid next would be pretty fun I think….

This whole line of clubs is very underrated! They do everything great, in a good looking, good feeling package

I'm historically a terrible striker of a 6i. That's why there's a 6h in my bag right now. Figured I'd go 4&5h, 6i DS and 7i-GW KT. I have an SBX in the GW slot right now and it's fantastic, but the King Tour might be the pic this time around.

I'm historically a terrible striker of a 6i. That's why there's a 6h in my bag right now. Figured I'd go 4&5h, 6i DS and 7i-GW KT. I have an SBX in the GW slot right now and it's fantastic, but the King Tour might be the pic this time around.
Sounds like a great combo to me

Yep these are still awesome. I can’t imagine a club looking better behind the ball then the CB imo.

I took my old Forged Tecs to the range just out of curiosity and left the 7i of the CB's in the bag. While the Forged Tecs went further and were really easy to get in the air the workability of the CB's made hitting the 7i way more fun. These irons have just flat out checked all the boxes for me. I hope some of the Morgan Cuppers get into them as they are a fantastic line of clubs. I debate finding a set of the King Tours to mix and match at least 4x a week.

I took my old Forged Tecs to the range just out of curiosity and left the 7i of the CB's in the bag. While the Forged Tecs went further and were really easy to get in the air the workability of the CB's made hitting the 7i way more fun. These irons have just flat out checked all the boxes for me. I hope some of the Morgan Cuppers get into them as they are a fantastic line of clubs. I debate finding a set of the King Tours to mix and match at least 4x a week.
The CB are very playable imo. I hope some MC’ers put some of this line in as well. It’s criminally underrated

The CB are very playable imo. I hope some MC’ers put some of this line in as well. It’s criminally underrated
I absolutely love the King Tour irons, but have yet to have an opportunity to hit the CB. Whether they wind up being in play for my bag, I'd love the opportunity to hit them.

If I’m lucky enough to get my name(entry number) pulled I will have 5-GW of the tours in the bag and will live every second of them. I have hit them at the shop and they feel fantastic, would love to compare numbers vs the tour edge 723 pros

Definitely short heel to toe that gives them a compact look from address but the sole has a little width to them. @BigDill are they going to your set for 2024?
I've been on it since the first time I saw them but the soles are a big part of the benefit of them. The way Cobra has been shaping them is so unique and adds sneaky forgiveness. The toe relief on their current line is just great. The undercut mass in the Tours is repositioned low and at the ends to add forgiveness without giving up that great turf experience. Any non perfect lie (course AND club) that comes into play. And on center cut there's good mass in the middle of the club still because of the slightly wider soles for their category. They're just extremely well done and it shows up in results @Scooby45.

Reactions: MH
I've been on it since the first time I saw them but the soles are a big part of the benefit of them. The way Cobra has been shaping them is so unique and adds sneaky forgiveness. The toe relief on their current line is just great. The undercut mass in the Tours is repositioned low and at the ends to add forgiveness without giving up that great turf experience. Any non perfect lie (course AND club) that comes into play. And on center cut there's good mass in the middle of the club still because of the slightly wider soles for their category. They're just extremely well done and it shows up in results @Scooby45.
Much appreciated. The more I read the more I’m leaning towards jumping. It’s not like my OG forged tec have gotten worse. I think experiencing these could be a lot of fun.

When you say toe relief in the line, what do you mean?

Much appreciated. The more I read the more I’m leaning towards jumping. It’s not like my OG forged tec have gotten worse. I think experiencing these could be a lot of fun.

When you say toe relief in the line, what do you mean?
So I don't have any clubs in front of me, but look at the current Forged Tec. Hollow body, very forgiving, and most peers in that space 1. Don't have the tungsten in the middle, and 2. because most have it in the toe the toe is fairly big. A lot of players distance and GI irons are. Where in the Forged Tec that typical square-ish toe is pulled back. Teardrop shape sort of. And with good trail edge relief. So you get the face size and forgiveness, but the amount of sole catching the turf is a little less. Their entire sole shape is just wonderfully elegant and effective. And I see the influence in a lot of their lineup. It's fantastic.

A lot of guys raise the handle or are just toe down. Suffer from low point control. Etc. And the sole features is big. For stability at strike and just swing confidence. Watch someone dig in, feel it, and immediately do something different to try to avoid it. Often to worse result.

Anyway I'm sure my reactions to it are at the beginning of this thread or the thread before this one. Jumps out at me right away on all their recent stuff and I just love it for so many people.

So I don't have any clubs in front of me, but look at the current Forged Tec. Hollow body, very forgiving, and most peers in that space 1. Don't have the tungsten in the middle, and 2. because most have it in the toe the toe is fairly big. A lot of players distance and GI irons are. Where in the Forged Tec that typical square-ish toe is pulled back. Teardrop shape sort of. And with good trail edge relief. So you get the face size and forgiveness, but the amount of sole catching the turf is a little less. Their entire sole shape is just wonderfully elegant and effective. And I see the influence in a lot of their lineup. It's fantastic.

A lot of guys raise the handle or are just toe down. Suffer from low point control. Etc. And the sole features is big. For stability at strike and just swing confidence. Watch someone dig in, feel it, and immediately do something different to try to avoid it. Often to worse result.

Anyway I'm sure my reactions to it are at the beginning of this thread or the thread before this one. Jumps out at me right away on all their recent stuff and I just love it for so many people.
So this is what is great about THP. There are a multitude of very golf intelligent people that can explain and articulate specific things about clubs and why they are what they are. Then there is me and my explanation a few posts back…magic.

@Scooby45 the final answer is you really should give these a go. Which is more convincing, @OldandStiff’s explanation, or magic? I would choose magic.

So this is what is great about THP. There are a multitude of very golf intelligent people that can explain and articulate specific things about clubs and why they are what they are. Then there is me and my explanation a few posts back…magic.

@Scooby45 the final answer is you really should give these a go. Which is more convincing, @OldandStiff’s explanation, or magic? I would choose magic.
We vote magic 🪄 in my house. 😆 😭

They claim it's the wizard and not the wand. But I still want to get a fresh type of wand in the bag. King Tours are heavily on my mind. May have just built a bag around them...

Yeah, I deal with logic and facts all day at work. Come hobby time, I’ll always choose magic.

Yeah, I deal with logic and facts all day at work. Come hobby time, I’ll always choose magic.
Cheer Up Compliment GIF by Studios 2016

I like that way of thinking

View attachment 9219731View attachment 9219732

Couple recent compare pics as a refresher.

The CBs are such a unique combination of features. Look more compact but are about the same actual length. Thicker through the center but the sole has a great heel and toe shape. Etc etc.

And this line got big love on TXG's Q&A yesterday. Talk about how it's the most underrated iron line out there.
Do you have anymore pictures of cobra CB next to Apex TCB at address? Really want to compare the top lines.

What I got away with on course this afternoon was borderline ridiculous with the King Tours. Thin shots and toe shots were rewarded with misses that weren’t at all what I deserved. But man when you actually hit one in the center it’s sooo good

What I got away with on course this afternoon was borderline ridiculous with the King Tours. Thin shots and toe shots were rewarded with misses that weren’t at all what I deserved. But man when you actually hit one in the center it’s sooo good
My time with these has been more limited than I'd hope, but my experience has been so similar. I really find these to be as good as any irons, from any manufacturer, that I've ever hit.

Back