2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

oh gosh. These look fantastic.

I've had time to digest* now what I was hoping wasn't on the CBs too, but is. And I've come to the conclusion that I hate MK II. I'm sure I will love the irons. They're Srixon, they'll be great, but be prepared for me kind of throw up every time I say or type MK II.

And how are we saying it? 5 MK II? MK II 7? New ZX7s. No, the new new. MK II.? ZX '23 MK II? ...

🤢🤮

first i thought it said MK18 and thought i was in the wrong forum.

I do like the Srixon ZX series. They've always felt good to me. I've preferred the look of the 7's but the 5's I always hit better.🤷‍♂️

I do like the Srixon ZX series. They've always felt good to me. I've preferred the look of the 7's but the 5's I always hit better.🤷‍♂️

my 565s have kicked out two new sets in past year (0211 and C722s) , found a mixed set of 585/U85 for great price and those just went in the bag for few weeks see how they work out. Look forward to seeing the new MKII in the wild and getting some swings with it them.

They look sick, and I’m not surprised. Srixon makes some really nice looking irons

I love my T100s irons but will definitely give these a try. V-sole isn’t the best for me but it’s a swing flaw of mine. Would love to commit to getting a little more lag in my swing and hitting them.

I think Srixon makes the best looking irons on the planet. They are just my style.

“Pureframe” on the 7, but not the 5. Wonder what that is?

I pretty much agree here. From the z745 to ZX7, Srixon just get's me. Best forged cavity back I could find.

PureFrame... its that frame around the edge that helps you hit it pure :p. Sorry, had to say it.

These look pretty interesting. Looking forward to finding out more.

Very sharp looking irons. Srixon has consistently made clean very nice looking irons

This is why I love golf on the internet, the dissection of a name to an extent no one would ever expect. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It'll be interesting to see how they fare when you guys get 'em in for testing. As with the 2021 irons: I really like the appearance. Nice, clean, uncluttered. I don't know why some of the other manufacturers insist on cluttering-up the backs of their irons with a bunch of badges and colors and whatnot.

It's possible, should I decide to upgrade my irons, ZX5 MkII's will suit me.

Top line still looks pretty squared off here on the 7s. Which is slightly disappointing. Is it a cost thing with making it, or .. harmonic or something? I don't get why everyone is rounding and begging l beveling to slim the appearance of the top line, and they keep going with square.

This pic of the 5 came out too.

8CAB6057-C1DB-42C0-B4D2-ECF1D9ED7560.jpeg.189b17d8952677dac2e247aab389f88a.jpeg

These look great! I will be getting new irons next year (current ones are a decade old) and will take a serious look at these.

Top line still looks pretty squared off here on the 7s. Which is slightly disappointing. Is it a cost thing with making it, or .. harmonic or something? I don't get why everyone is rounding and begging l beveling to slim the appearance of the top line, and they keep going with square.

This pic of the 5 came out too.

View attachment 9121410
yeah it is pretty sharp. not sure if it’s Miura sharp but they seem to want to stick with the square top line.

yeah it is pretty sharp. not sure if it’s Miura sharp but they seem to want to stick with the square top line.

It's not a small iron so I don't think it would actually freak anyone out, just look better.

Still rocking my 545s. These will definitely be on the must try list when I get fit.

I don't get it, either, @OldandStiff. I also don't get why some manufacturers seem to find it necessary to clutter-up the backs of their irons with all kinds of shapes and struts and colors and badges and whatnot, either.

What I like to see is a nice, clean iron with a minimally-intrusive top line.

That being said: The Mk. II's aren't terrible, to my eyes. Neither are their predecessors. In fact, IIRC: Of the 2020 Srixon ZX', Callaway Apex', and Cobra RAD Speeds, ISTR I found the ZX' most pleasing to the eye?

I don't get it, either, @OldandStiff. I also don't get why some manufacturers seem to find it necessary to clutter-up the backs of their irons with all kinds of shapes and struts and colors and badges and whatnot, either.

What I like to see is a nice, clean iron with a minimally-intrusive top line.

That being said: The Mk. II's aren't terrible, to my eyes. Neither are their predecessors. In fact, IIRC: Of the 2020 Srixon ZX', Callaway Apex', and Cobra RAD Speeds, ISTR I found the ZX' most pleasing to the eye?
I thought the ZX looked a little busy when we first saw it with at the lines, but I came to appreciate it. And I like that they've been pulled back from the toe a little in these. I'll probably really like them.

Anyone else think something just looks a little off with the badging in the 5 release? I had similar thoughts on the ZX release. I struggle to describe it but it just seems off somehow.

Loving the look of the 7’s! Wish I was a bit more consistent with strike to play them.

Back