2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Got to play 9 holes with the t100 today. Were a few degrees flat to what I usually play but they felt great and played great. Think I’m going to get me a set😊

Anybody venture to guess which one of these four irons will sell the highest number of units?

Well I'm all confirmed for my fitting tomorrow afternoon... Report coming soon!

Here's my guess at where I'll land, though I'm going start the fitting COMPLETELY open to whatever is handed to me:

T350 4i
T200 5i-8i
T150 9i-GW
No idea on shaft, we'll see what happens!

Anybody venture to guess which one of these four irons will sell the highest number of units?
I think the T200 will be the most popular base set. Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of people choose some form of combo set though. I'd say 150s with a 200 in the long irons will be the most popular split.

I think T200 is the middle of the range ability wise in a lot of people's eyes, so I'd think most will have that in the bag in at least a couple slots either at top (for those playing 100/150 lower down) or bottom (for those playing 350 higher up).

I got fit yesterday. T200 5 & 6 and T150 7 - PW. Nippon Modus 105s. Now the wait begins. For being such small heads, the T150s are very forgiving. Almost wondering if I should have gone with them in the 6 spot. Now I try to find some patience.

Well I'm all confirmed for my fitting tomorrow afternoon... Report coming soon!

Here's my guess at where I'll land, though I'm going start the fitting COMPLETELY open to whatever is handed to me:

T350 4i
T200 5i-8i
T150 9i-GW
No idea on shaft, we'll see what happens!
Sounds like a good guess, but I will counter with a T200 utility 4i at the top just to be difficult ;) Can't wait for the details!

I think the T200 will be the most popular, followed by the T150's just edging out the T350's. The added forgiveness may give the T150's an edge.

Sounds like a good guess, but I will counter with a T200 utility 4i at the top just to be difficult ;) Can't wait for the details!

This outcome certainly will not make me sad :love:

This outcome certainly will not make me sad :love:
I just saw the results from another fitting and it was a full set of T200's. I wonder if this will start to change how iron fittings happen, going across the set rather than with 1 iron.

My order was placed a week ago Monday. I placed it through my local retailer, because they provide a 90 day playability guarantee, I have some credit and I also am going to do some trades.

Anyway, I checked on the status today and was told that the 200s (5 and 6 iron) have already arrived, but the 150s (7 through pw) will not arrive until the first week in September because Titleist is out of heads.

This is not at all a criticism, but I am curious why the OEMs almost always lack supply of a new release sufficient to take care of the first wave of orders. I have asked if I can pick up the 200s, so that I can at least be getting used to the new shaft while waiting for the 150s to arrive. I have a big tournament on September 9 and it would be nice to have a feel for as much as I can.

Ok I had my fitting today with Titleist Fit Team member Dave at Berkshire CC in Reading. Really fun hour hitting a bunch of stuff and learning some more about the line, and this was my first iron fitting done outside.

The setup as fitted:
T200 4-8, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything
T150 9-G, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything

We started with the T150 and a Modus3 105 stiff 7i, since he didn't have the 130 he figured this would be closest baseline. Got good results, pretty tight grouping at essentially my current distance (170) and spin around 7k, descent around 46-47. We then put the T200 on the same shaft and got a little less spin (more like 6500) but about 5 more yards. I loved the feel too and the little bit of extra help, so we went with that and dove into shafts to see if we could keep that grouping and get any more consistency or distance.

Hit a bunch - Modus3 105, Project X LZ, AMT White, Dynamic Gold, KBS Tour and I think maybe one or two more - but the KBS Tour Stiff was an immediate "oh that's something". Felt super smooth and solid, came off the face with a tight little draw, and we were getting consistent 175-180 carry numbers. And the beauty was we were getting it with a descent angle in the 48-49 degree range and around that same 6500 or so spin - and that spin should be a couple hundred RPMs higher when I'm playing my ProV1x, he pointed out. So really good results there - an extra 1/2 to 3/4 of a club with at least as tight a grouping as my current ZX5's. Which were fitted less than 2 years ago, mind you!

We then thought set makeup. He had me hit a 4i in the T200 to start and see what it looked like (stock shafts only here - he had clubs, but not fitting heads - so it was AMT White). He was looking for ball speed up about 12 mph above the 7i - he said if you're not seeing 3-4 mph ball speed gaps per club in the high irons, you should go to hybrids or fairways. We did see that - around 128 ball speed was the 7i and at the 4i Is around 140 - and we were getting enough spin (forget exact number, but in the 4-5k range) so he felt a 4i would be a good option for me in the T200. We hit the T350 also but we didn't get a significant improvement, and in fact spin was sneaking too low and in some cases ball speed was lower, so we stuck with the T200 head there.

On the other end of the bag, I hit a PW in the T150 and T200. The T150 actually had better numbers and consistency by a little, although splitting hairs. Carry distance was almost identical, and even maybe a touch further with the T150, so to me that was a no brainer to go T150 in PW and GW. He seemed concerned about going to T150 at 9i, due to the loft gaps. Did anyone else have this concern, or are the sets supposed to be set up to blend? I am tempted to shoot him a note and change the 9i to T150...I should have hit the 9i too but it didn't occur to me in the moment for some reason. Probably splitting hairs but you know, Internet golfer:LOL: [EDIT: I did this and now have 9-G at T150...just call me Internet golfer 🤓]

Overall though, really happy with how the set turned out. The T200 feel absolutely spectacular for how much forgiveness is on tap. And the T150 have a very surprising amount of forgiveness on tap given their size and design. For me to feel like choosing between these heads is splitting hairs is a great compliment to the Titleist design team in making this line look and feel cohesive while definitely differentiating the models for different needs.

Can't wait to get these bad boys in hand in a little over a month!! :D

Last edited:
Ok I had my fitting today with Titleist Fit Team member Dave at Berkshire CC in Reading. Really fun hour hitting a bunch of stuff and learning some more about the line, and this was my first iron fitting done outside.

The setup as fitted:
T200 4-9, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything
T150 P-G, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything

We started with the T150 and a Modus3 105 stiff 7i, since he didn't have the 130 he figured this would be closest baseline. Got good results, pretty tight grouping at essentially my current distance (170) and spin around 7k, descent around 46-47. We then put the T200 on the same shaft and got a little less spin (more like 6500) but about 5 more yards. I loved the feel too and the little bit of extra help, so we went with that and dove into shafts to see if we could keep that grouping and get any more consistency or distance.

Hit a bunch - Modus3 105, Project X LZ, AMT White, Dynamic Gold, KBS Tour and I think maybe one or two more - but the KBS Tour Stiff was an immediate "oh that's something". Felt super smooth and solid, came off the face with a tight little draw, and we were getting consistent 175-180 carry numbers. And the beauty was we were getting it with a descent angle in the 48-49 degree range and around that same 6500 or so spin - and that spin should be a couple hundred RPMs higher when I'm playing my ProV1x, he pointed out. So really good results there - an extra 1/2 to 3/4 of a club with at least as tight a grouping as my current ZX5's. Which were fitted less than 2 years ago, mind you!

We then thought set makeup. He had me hit a 4i in the T200 to start and see what it looked like (stock shafts only here - he had clubs, but not fitting heads - so it was AMT White). He was looking for ball speed up about 12 mph above the 7i - he said if you're not seeing 3-4 mph ball speed gaps per club in the high irons, you should go to hybrids or fairways. We did see that - around 128 ball speed was the 7i and at the 4i Is around 140 - and we were getting enough spin (forget exact number, but in the 4-5k range) so he felt a 4i would be a good option for me in the T200. We hit the T350 also but we didn't get a significant improvement, and in fact spin was sneaking too low and in some cases ball speed was lower, so we stuck with the T200 head there.

On the other end of the bag, I hit a PW in the T150 and T200. The T150 actually had better numbers and consistency by a little, although splitting hairs. Carry distance was almost identical, and even maybe a touch further with the T150, so to me that was a no brainer to go T150 in PW and GW. He seemed concerned about going to T150 at 9i, due to the loft gaps. Did anyone else have this concern, or are the sets supposed to be set up to blend? I am tempted to shoot him a note and change the 9i to T150...I should have hit the 9i too but it didn't occur to me in the moment for some reason. Probably splitting hairs but you know, Internet golfer:LOL:

Overall though, really happy with how the set turned out. The T200 feel absolutely spectacular for how much forgiveness is on tap. And the T150 have a very surprising amount of forgiveness on tap given their size and design. For me to feel like choosing between these heads is splitting hairs is a great compliment to the Titleist design team in making this line look and feel cohesive while definitely differentiating the models for different needs.

Seems like a lot of us are coming from the zx5

Seems like a lot of us are coming from the zx5

They were a popular iron for a reason. Really really good and I still like them a ton. But early data says T Series just might be better 🔥

I am losing my mind waiting fir mine to show up

I wonder how many people will order them, given the topline is a bit friendlier on the 150s but it's still a nice little package.

Even my head pro who is like a +5 right now is thinking of ordering T150s. Our assistant pro also has the T150s. I ordered the 150s as a +1.2 right now

It's the problem with having 2 clubs so closely related but one of them looks a wee bit friendlier.

I wonder who is ordering the 100s.
Earlier this week I had to stop in to a golf shop to get a new belt. As I was waiting to check out, the guy was on the phone placing a order for these irons. I asked if they get phone orders a lot, he said that was like the 13th one for the new Titleist lineup.

The setup as fitted:
T200 4-9, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything
T150 P-G, KBS Tour Stiff, standard everything

On the other end of the bag, I hit a PW in the T150 and T200. The T150 actually had better numbers and consistency by a little, although splitting hairs. Carry distance was almost identical, and even maybe a touch further with the T150, so to me that was a no brainer to go T150 in PW and GW. He seemed concerned about going to T150 at 9i, due to the loft gaps. Did anyone else have this concern, or are the sets supposed to be set up to blend? I am tempted to shoot him a note and change the 9i to T150...I should have hit the 9i too but it didn't occur to me in the moment for some reason. Probably splitting hairs but you know, Internet golfer:LOL:

Awesome! Glad the fitting went well and included some numbers talk and…a haircut story? :LOL:
I suppose that the irons could be bent afterwards but even if the irons gap a little more or less than 10 yards, I think it will work out, especially with the scoring clubs.

Time to loose sleep over when these will go into

Awesome! Glad the fitting went well and included some numbers talk and…a haircut story? :LOL:
I suppose that the irons could be bent afterwards but even if the irons gap a little more or less than 10 yards, I think it will work out, especially with the scoring clubs.

Time to loose sleep over when these will go into

In hindsight that post did have a lot of hair talk...I just got a haircut so maybe it's on the brain?? 🤷‍♂️

I'm thinking the same on the 9i. Time to email the fitter and fully convince him that I'm crazy :ROFLMAO:

September can't come soon enough!!

cartman-cmon.gif

My order was placed a week ago Monday. I placed it through my local retailer, because they provide a 90 day playability guarantee, I have some credit and I also am going to do some trades.

Anyway, I checked on the status today and was told that the 200s (5 and 6 iron) have already arrived, but the 150s (7 through pw) will not arrive until the first week in September because Titleist is out of heads.

This is not at all a criticism, but I am curious why the OEMs almost always lack supply of a new release sufficient to take care of the first wave of orders. I have asked if I can pick up the 200s, so that I can at least be getting used to the new shaft while waiting for the 150s to arrive. I have a big tournament on September 9 and it would be nice to have a feel for as much as I can.
heard same thing when I called direct to Titleist (ordered mine direct)...then the guy was on phone with me clicking and clacking, and came back on and said, well yours are not the ones delayed, "yours are on the floor being made" was like the clouds opened up, 75* steady 5mph wind at my back...felt awesome!!! now just checking mail every day for shipping notification....:) will send pics and data reviews....

Went ahead and asked if I switch the 9i to T150. It's been less than 24 hours so I'm hoping it's not too late 🤞

T100 was absolutely the right call for me and I cannot wait for the review to go up for everyone to have the chance to read. It'll be turned in soon and up in the coming week or so I hope.

That said, now, the big question.... RT 105's which were perfection in the previous T100S and I could have played that combo the rest of my life, or, TSPX DART V 120's?

Literally making the change TONIGHT the day before I begin a 3-day member/member. :p

T100 was absolutely the right call for me and I cannot wait for the review to go up for everyone to have the chance to read. It'll be turned in soon and up in the coming week or so I hope.

That said, now, the big question.... RT 105's which were perfection in the previous T100S and I could have played that combo the rest of my life, or, TSPX DART V 120's?

Literally making the change TONIGHT the day before I begin a 3-day member/member. :p
hard to argue against perfection..

Back