2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

No, I have NOT turned the ferrules down yet. Will soon, so deal with it. 🤣😜
You better not turn them down ever!

Had my fitting today at Talking Stick. Ben from Titleist was great to work with, it was very hot so I started getting tired after a hour.
We started with the T100 and progressed to the T150 and T200. I got the best dispersion with the T100 but ultimately settled on the T150. Then we started working way through shafts. Tried the tensei blue and white,amt, kbs lite but I liked the modus the best for consistency, spin and landing angle.
Finally we worked on gapping, I tried the t200 and that worked best in the 5 iron. Finally for the 4i , I liked the t350 the best as it was consistent and high launch off the deck. We tried the utility too but I didn’t hit it as well as the T350.
So the build is a triple blend as recommended by Titleist.
4= T350
5= T200
6- GW= T150
Modus shaft with Golf Pride plus 4 grips. Standard loft and lie.
IMG_7362.jpegIMG_7363.jpeg

7:00 mark Ian talks about something I've mentioned for a long time about this line of irons, and why despite being amazing irons they'll never be a great fit for me. They just have nothing up top. I don't live on the bottom groove like some. It's part of why blades fit me well (or why I live where I do? Chicken or the egg..) You have to get off the bottom to get what you need out of them. Same applies to my taste in CB irons. Tend to like compact, because they have more center mass usually and thicker top lines. More middle and ttop.

Not than I'm living high on the face or anything, but even living a groove or two higher than some maybe, that makes any near miss or tough lie situation get into that flat flight, low spin shot pretty quickly. Amazing irons, just not for me.

Had my fitting today at Talking Stick. Ben from Titleist was great to work with, it was very hot so I started getting tired after a hour.
We started with the T100 and progressed to the T150 and T200. I got the best dispersion with the T100 but ultimately settled on the T150. Then we started working way through shafts. Tried the tensei blue and white,amt, kbs lite but I liked the modus the best for consistency, spin and landing angle.
Finally we worked on gapping, I tried the t200 and that worked best in the 5 iron. Finally for the 4i , I liked the t350 the best as it was consistent and high launch off the deck. We tried the utility too but I didn’t hit it as well as the T350.
4= T350
5= T200
6- GW= T150
View attachment 9201895View attachment 9201896
Congrats on the fit! That a great set!

4= T350
5= T200
6- GW= T150
The triple! Were the T150’s longer? Better spin than the T100’s? Curious about the choice.

The triple! Were the T150’s longer? Better spin than the T100’s? Curious about the choice.
The fitter just said the t150 were most optimal for spin, smash, and descent angle.

4= T350
5= T200
6- GW= T150
View attachment 9201895View attachment 9201896

Triple combo set very nice. I know that course as well and have played there a few times.

Triple combo set very nice. I know that course as well and have played there a few times.
I like the course, the design is subtle. Played it well today.

Checked with the shop I had ordered my set through, the T200 5&6 already shipped. The T150 7-PW have an expected completion date of Sept 26th.
Thinking I may try that combo.. or just go t200.. still wondering if I need to.drop the coin.

The fitter just said the t150 were most optimal for spin, smash, and descent angle.

Ditto, fitter had same to say for descent angles, spin, and smash across face... I pushed on this a little, but honestly blind handing me clubs, could not tell the difference, and didnt care which, merely told him that i want best numbers and best results...no ego about PW being a 150+ club or 6 iron being 200, it is purely which gave me best dispersion, and distance control...

Sounds like MSEASU got same thing...

I am pretty impressed hitting daily on the SIM what I am seeing, and the amount of forgiveness across face, and more importantly for me, how much up/down a groove maintains line as well as distance...pretty impressive set of irons!!

Ditto, fitter had same to say for descent angles, spin, and smash across face... I pushed on this a little, but honestly blind handing me clubs, could not tell the difference, and didnt care which, merely told him that i want best numbers and best results...no ego about PW being a 150+ club or 6 iron being 200, it is purely which gave me best dispersion, and distance control...

Sounds like MSEASU got same thing...

I am pretty impressed hitting daily on the SIM what I am seeing, and the amount of forgiveness across face, and more importantly for me, how much up/down a groove maintains line as well as distance...pretty impressive set of irons!!
I did the same thing. I told the fitter just give me the best numbers. The only caveat I gave him was not to put me in a shaft under 95g as I have never been able to adjust on the course to light shafts.

Definitely a lot of focus on descent angle and spin in my fitting as well. I saw the best by far in the T200 in most of the set, whereas in the short irons it got much closer and may even be slightly better in T150. I liked the feel and look of the T150 a little better, so I elected to go with them starting at 9i.

Had my fitting yesterday and it was a great experience. Scheduled for 5 pm for an hour iron fitting. Last appointment of the day and it went on till 7 pm. Fitter was very knowledgable. He had played in the US Senior Open a few years ago and had some status at one time so it was good to get feedback from a 'player' and not just a fitter. I am a low spin, iron player who could also use more height. The chart below that he had was pretty interesting. It shows that for tour players they usually hit all of their clubs the same, or similar height. Given my SS the LPGA numbers were the ones we focused on.

Bottom line is that a combo set worked best for me. With the T200 and Steelfibers my 7 iron spin went up to 6500 +/- (from 4800 with current set-up) and height went up to low 80's in feet from low 70's. Much better for me going after a front pin position-don't have to worry about excessive roll-out. Angle of descent was miuch better as well. Biggest change was bending the irons 2 degrees flat.

Going to check out some other irons but what is abundantly clear is that my current set-up, Epon's with Nippon steel shafts, are not for me.

IMG-4157.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-08-30 at 11.15.06 AM.png

I'm really eyeing these irons. These and the new Apex line. The UST shaft options are kind of what is detering me, as I want the Recoil DART 105F4..

The anticipation and waiting for a new set is killer. Cannot wait till the set gets here! Of course photos will come moments after!

These 150's are just like freakin laser beams.

Fun range session tonight where I could just swing freely without worrying about hitting a green. It has yet to not amaze me how solid they are and how easy they are to hit based on their shape.

Fitting scheduled for tomorrow!!!!

Back