2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Strange since I thought the T150s were the ones that were backordered just a few weeks ago. Hopefully they come in soon.
I thought it was pretty strange myself, had my wife pick them up but will be phoning to see what happened. Maybe they didn’t order the t200’s?

I thought it was pretty strange myself, had my wife pick them up but will be phoning to see what happened. Maybe they didn’t order the t200’s?
Or hopefully just the flucations of our modern supply chain. They are really fun to hit and they do blend with the 150s well. Hopefully you get them soon.

I’ve had an absolute blast with the T150 irons so far. They are incredibly reasonable across the face, and I am learning a lot about contact out by the toe. It’s definitely less distance and less spin, but not as punishing as the strike would suggest which suggests it’s really doing good things for me.

When I first got them in the bag, I was fighting the lefts a bit. Not sure if it was the subtle difference in lie angle between them and my last set, or a couple of little swing tweaks I’ve been going through. Either way, I prefer a predictable shape and love that I can have confidence in the subtle move if I need it. Otherwise I’ve really been trying to play a straight flight.

Sound is solid. I think it’s fair to suggest that the u505 and the T200 still have some wiggle room before the contact quality is as rich as a player’esque iron, but the 150 is fantastic on quality strikes. Most people who I have let hit them are REALLY impressed, including my father who thinks Christmas should come early haha.

A couple additional things..

I think there is plenty of control on distance, it’s not one shot. I can work 130-135 out of the PW just as I can push 145-148 or so. I am really trying to move back in the fluid natural swing rather than a 90-95% gas type of swing, and it gives me plenty of room.

The T200 4 iron is a monster in the right setting. I can get a LOT out of it off the tee or off of a crisp lie. I think the decision to put it in the bag was a great one.

Listening back to the last WGP talking about the T150 having more forgiveness than the AP1's of a few cycles ago is CRAZY and has me even more pumped to hit the T150 and T200 in less than a week!!!

I think there is plenty of control on distance, it’s not one shot. I can work 130-135 out of the PW just as I can push 145-148 or so. I am really trying to move back in the fluid natural swing rather than a 90-95% gas type of swing, and it gives me plenty of room.

The T200 4 iron is a monster in the right setting. I can get a LOT out of it off the tee or off of a crisp lie. I think the decision to put it in the bag was a great one.
I hit the t200 4i really well, but the 350 was just easier for my skill level.

Did fitting today at a local store (not Titelist specific). Went in thinking about moving more towards GI set. Ended up landing on T150 (AMT Red S300) and maybe comboing 4, 5, 6 in the T200. I could also do T200 starting at 7 iron and 150 in 8+.

Anyone comboing these yet? I really did go in thinking T200/T350 combo but never even got around to hitting the 350. Really enjoyed the feel and consistent distance on the 150.

Thoughts on comboing/gapping issues perhaps? How do you choose when to move to something more forgiving within the set?

Did fitting today at a local store (not Titelist specific). Went in thinking about moving more towards GI set. Ended up landing on T150 (AMT Red S300) and maybe comboing 4, 5, 6 in the T200. I could also do T200 starting at 7 iron and 150 in 8+.

Anyone comboing these yet? I really did go in thinking T200/T350 combo but never even got around to hitting the 350. Really enjoyed the feel and consistent distance on the 150.

Thoughts on comboing/gapping issues perhaps? How do you choose when to move to something more forgiving within the set?
There are quite a few posts already in the thread that discuss your questions. Have you seen those?

My combo is 5 and 6 irons being T200 and 7 through pw being T150. It is possible that you would need to bend one or the other a degree weak or strong to get the correct gapping. I actually ordered my T150s one degree strong. I did it that way because I don’t tend to deliver the club with as much shaft lean as others, so the one degree stronger loft probably gets me where others are anyway in terms of dynamic loft. I have no trouble stopping the irons. I played the prior release (T100S/T200) in the exact same configuration, so it was natural to do it again.

As to where you would transition the combo set is an individual thing, imo. I think it depends on one’s ball striking and club speed. My club speed is such that the 5 and 6 irons start to compress a bit in terms of distance, so having something that is engineered to have more ball speed gets me where I need to be as I transition from my 5 iron to a hybrid.

I let my fitter decide for me, and we combo'd at the 4 instead of my intended 5. I think it was the right call.

There are quite a few posts already in the thread that discuss your questions. Have you seen those?

My combo is 5 and 6 irons being T200 and 7 through pw being T150. It is possible that you would need to bend one or the other a degree weak or strong to get the correct gapping. I actually ordered my T150s one degree strong. I did it that way because I don’t tend to deliver the club with as much shaft lean as others, so the one degree stronger loft probably gets me where others are anyway in terms of dynamic loft. I have no trouble stopping the irons. I played the prior release (T100S/T200) in the exact same configuration, so it was natural to do it again.

As to where you would transition the combo set is an individual thing, imo. I think it depends on one’s ball striking and club speed. My club speed is such that the 5 and 6 irons start to compress a bit in terms of distance, so having something that is engineered to have more ball speed gets me where I need to be as I transition from my 5 iron to a hybrid.
Exactly true each will have different transition. On my ZX5s I went 3-6 in U85 and 7-A in ZX5s. I consider 3- 5 Long Irons so used Recoil F4s, but 6 Iron I used rest of Set Shaft of Modus 105 S cuz I consider it a shorter Iron. Luckily my Fitter helped me decide this.

Who can compare 350 v 200 from hitting them?
The feel was good with both the T200 and T350, but the T200 felt smoother to me.

When I was being fit and tried out the 350's, I saw a decrease of 1200 RPM with a gain of 4 yards with the 7 iron. Ball flight was also about 20 feet lower. There was just shy of 10 yards of roll out with the T350 7 iron and about 2 yards with the T200. The small distance gain was not worth the lack of holding a green.

I'll jump in and add that I had a fitting on Wednesday, but I went in not really caring what clubs he handed me, just looking for better carry numbers, better dispersion, and improved gapping over what I've been getting with my Apex 21's. We had a great 2 1/2 hour fitting session (my ass was dragging, I'm 66).

After we settled on a shaft (Dynamic Gold 95 R300), we whittled down the heads, and it came down to P790's or T200's. But, in my mind it wasn't a tough call, all the numbers were slightly better with the 200's and the dispersion was TIGHT with the 200's. Hit a bunch of hybrids also.

Oddly enough, when we were finished (I wasn't paying for lessons), he asked me if I could make a better hip turn. I said "I dunno"...lol. However, I concentrated on making as big of a turn as I could (I'm gonna have to do some stretching :(, but added 3 MPH to my 7 iron swing and went from (-1.7) to (-2.5) attack angle. Nothing to brag about but instantly noticeable results. In addition, he told me I need to change from PRO V1's to PRO V1X because I need all the spin I can find.

Longish story shorter...I ended up with T200's 5 thru GW, Throw in a TSR2 - 4 Hybrid $$$$$$$$$$$

Played with my buddies the last couple of days and they just wondered where the new swing and added distance came from. Me, I just can't wait for the new sticks!

OH, just want to add, standing over these 200's, as I told him "they just make me feel confident".
Love the combo of fit irons and simple swing move. I would disagree about 'nothing to brag about' since it was enough for your friends to comment on it :) Glad things are working well!

These irons continue to impress me. Handicap down from 12 to 8 since I have gotten them. Perhaps @ddec will stop calling me a sandbagger now 🤣

The 4i might be the club I am most excited about hitting. Having another long club for multiple lies and tee shots is huge. It will definately make an appearance this weekend!

I did end up getting fit into a combo set. Where the split happened was determined by the fitter after hitting the clubs with both the T200s and T150s. Both felt great in the short irons, but it came down to slightly better dispersion with the T200 7iron. The 8i numbers difference was negligible between the two lines.

The feel was good with both the T200 and T350, but the T200 felt smoother to me.

When I was being fit and tried out the 350's, I saw a decrease of 1200 RPM with a gain of 4 yards with the 7 iron. Ball flight was also about 20 feet lower. There was just shy of 10 yards of roll out with the T350 7 iron and about 2 yards with the T200. The small distance gain was not worth the lack of holding a green.

This is very similar to my perception. The T200 was definitely a superior feel to the T350, but it wasn't as obviously different as you might expect. The T200 was a little denser and therefore felt softer on center strikes. The T200 vs T150 however are even closer - the T150 is better but it's really subtle.

As for the 350 performance, in my fitting we hit both the 350 and the 200 in a 4i and the T350 was spinning less and going the same distance, so it just didn't make sense for me.

Just got the call, my t200 5 & 6 irons showed up this morning. 1 day after the t150’s

Just got the call, my t200 5 & 6 irons showed up this morning. 1 day after the t150’s
Here we go!

Reactions: MH
I hit the pw for a bit during lunch out in a grass field by my office. I am not trying to be negative, but the design is not very forgiving off of the hosel.

😂

Wow, I hate when I do that. Luckily, I got it corrected fairly quickly. I was lasering my shots with my tour level golf balls and the club is definitely hitting the distance number that I want it to hit (for my game).

Love the combo of fit irons and simple swing move. I would disagree about 'nothing to brag about' since it was enough for your friends to comment on it :) Glad things are working well!

I don't want to belabor the point, but I hadn't hit a drive over 240 all year. A suggestion from a club fitter and my my irons carry 7-10 yards farther and my driver has reached at least 260 5 times in 4 rounds! My wife who never says more than "nice shot", several times Saturday just said "DAMN Mike" It's like having a new toy that my body was wasting.

Can't wait for the new irons.

Replying to my own post...went back in yesterday to hit both irons (150/200) in different shafts and landed on going straight T200 (in the AMT Black) 5-W. When I hit the T200 again I hit probably 10-15 7-irons and the dispersion was something that I had never seen before in my game. So tight left to right and front to back which is what ultimately sold me on this.

Another thing that I read in this thread that pushed me to straight T-200 was asking about "future proofing" this set. I am the type that will hang on to these for a number of years and I ain't getting any younger so maybe these being a bit more forgiving over the T150 helps in the long run.

I will be looking at a utility/hybrid the fill the 3/4 iron gap in the near future as well. Super excited to get these in a few weeks!

Back