2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

For a good chunk of my round today, my iron play was as good as it has ever been. I hit 10 of the first 12 greens and had 6 good birdie looks. I ultimately had 13 GIR.

I am still not hitting the 200s (5 and 6 irons) very well. I am not sure why. If I can figure those out, I will be in golf heaven.

Follow up with the back badging issue on my T200 6 iron: I took it into the shop I had ordered through, and they agreed that it shouldn't be having that issue. Once our season is done, I will bring it in and they can send it back to Titleist to figure out if they are going to repair or replace. Now, I don't think any of them have actually reached out to Titleist about this so Titleist may tell me that's its normal wear. This is still only an 'issue' on the 6 iron, my 5 iron doesn't have anything like this going on so maybe just a bad batch?

I'm still loving these irons, weird back badging issues or not. My reason for jumping into these from my paradyms was for dispersion. The paradyms were fun to hit and treated me well but with these, especially the T150s, I can pull a club and within 2-3 yards know how far it's going to fly on a well struck shot. I didn't have that with the paradyms, more like a 10 yard guesstimate. And the T200s (and 150s for that matter) are plenty forgiving for me. I'm really enjoying my iron play again. On the plus side, I'm only giving up a few yards per club which is better than I thought giving the difference in lofts and 'category' of the two different sets.

have about 10-15 rounds under belt now with my split set... GW-7 T-150, and 4-6 T-200...

as refresher, coming off 714 AP2's....truly some of the best iron striking ever...very consistent...

One thing that is definitely different, is the spin is less, and height is higher...and as such that is taking some getting used to, it is consistent every time, but I am so engrained in playing AP2's for 10 years...it is habit...

even with my 5 Iron I am stop and drop...but not spin back unless with wedges...occassionally I can get my 9 Iron to come back a titch, but the norm is on stop hop...

the sound is great, the feel is great, they are definitely more forgiving than the AP2's...

loving them, right change, and right set up...

Days away from these in hand. :love:

have about 10-15 rounds under belt now with my split set... GW-7 T-150, and 4-6 T-200...

as refresher, coming off 714 AP2's....truly some of the best iron striking ever...very consistent...

One thing that is definitely different, is the spin is less, and height is higher...and as such that is taking some getting used to, it is consistent every time, but I am so engrained in playing AP2's for 10 years...it is habit...

even with my 5 Iron I am stop and drop...but not spin back unless with wedges...occassionally I can get my 9 Iron to come back a titch, but the norm is on stop hop...

the sound is great, the feel is great, they are definitely more forgiving than the AP2's...

loving them, right change, and right set up...
It sounds like after an adjustment period, you will have improved performance. I would think for most of us, we would rather have the ball just stop, rather than spin back. Usually for me, if the ball spins back, I have a much longer putt than I would want or should have with a well struck shot.

Really good session with the 6 iron. I was seeing the soaring ball flight that I was hoping for by comboing into the T200s. Now I am getting super excited.

Follow up with the back badging issue on my T200 6 iron: I took it into the shop I had ordered through, and they agreed that it shouldn't be having that issue. Once our season is done, I will bring it in and they can send it back to Titleist to figure out if they are going to repair or replace. Now, I don't think any of them have actually reached out to Titleist about this so Titleist may tell me that's its normal wear. This is still only an 'issue' on the 6 iron, my 5 iron doesn't have anything like this going on so maybe just a bad batch?

I'm still loving these irons, weird back badging issues or not. My reason for jumping into these from my paradyms was for dispersion. The paradyms were fun to hit and treated me well but with these, especially the T150s, I can pull a club and within 2-3 yards know how far it's going to fly on a well struck shot. I didn't have that with the paradyms, more like a 10 yard guesstimate. And the T200s (and 150s for that matter) are plenty forgiving for me. I'm really enjoying my iron play again. On the plus side, I'm only giving up a few yards per club which is better than I thought giving the difference in lofts and 'category' of the two different sets.
Need to definitely bring this up in the live experience thread and get them to ask it there. The iron engineer will be there to answer this question

When I say my Dad is obsessed with my T150 irons, I think I am completely underselling it hahaha

He’s… convinced.
He has good taste. Wouldn’t he be about my age?

For a good chunk of my round today, my iron play was as good as it has ever been. I hit 10 of the first 12 greens and had 6 good birdie looks. I ultimately had 13 GIR.

I am still not hitting the 200s (5 and 6 irons) very well. I am not sure why. If I can figure those out, I will be in golf heaven.

You have 7 + in the T150 I'm guessing?

They are amazing right?

You have 7 + in the T150 I'm guessing?

They are amazing right?
Yes, 7 - pw in 150s, 5 and 6 in 200s. I absolutely adore the T150s. I hope that as of today, I am over the hurdle on the T200s. We will see in tomorrow’s round where 5 and 6 iron shots are needed.

He’s 67 I believe this year.

Absolutely convinced that they are perfect.
He has more experience than I, LOL. That is so cool that he loves them. Has he hit only yours?

He has more experience than I, LOL. That is so cool that he loves them. Has he hit only yours?
Only mine.

I suspect they are going to have to hidden in a safe over the winter to avoid disappearing hahaha

Only mine.

I suspect they are going to have to hidden in a safe over the winter to avoid disappearing hahaha
I can only imagine if he hit a set that fit him, as I would imagine yours are more stout than he would ideally play.

I can only imagine if he hit a set that fit him, as I would imagine yours are more stout than he would ideally play.
He's currently giving ZX4's with regular flex Nippon a run.

These have Project X LS in them haha

He's currently giving ZX4's with regular flex Nippon a run.

These have Project X LS in them haha
The older I become, the more that a light, but stable shaft makes a huge difference. The Nippon 950s felt really good with the T150 heads.

Two days until these are in hand.

Had an iron fitting at Titleist fitting institute on Saturday. Currently playing Mizuno MP-18SC with X100. Playing half inch long which actually turned out to be 1" when the guy measured them lol.

I like my Mizunos but my son is getting in to golf and needs clubs so I figured I'd hand down and get new ones myself :LOL:. Plus they are getting pretty worn on the face.

Warmed up and hit my Mizuno 7 iron. He asked me how far I carry. I dont really know, I told him I typically pull it for 175 yards. Absolutely melted one 180 carry!! So we went T100 right off the bat with X100 half inch long. 175 average and 125 ball speed. Lovely spin (6400), height (102ft) and land angle (47). Felt and sounded wonderful too. Pretty easy fit right there. Numbers were incredible. I hit one or two chunky or thin but i didnt really suffer that badly. Yes they were shorter but not disastrously so.

Moved to 5 iron for ball speed gapping. T100 wasn't quite enough, just on the border but I felt I had to step on it a little. Pulled out the T150 and bingo! first time: ball speed, heght and spin all in the parameters. To be honest, i didnt notice any difference with the T150 compared to the T100 at address. Just looked great. Same feel and sound. Same shaft.

Now 4 iron. T150 wasn't enough, moved in to T200. I didn't really get on with them at all. Just off on ball speed but launch was way off and my dispersion was horrible. I thought they felt and sounded a little clicky too. Tried the hybrid shaft in T200 - even worse. I couldn't feel the club at all. I have been soldiering through a bad back, i think my lower left SIJ is inflamed and at this stage I was feeling it. Could have been the issue especially as I was trying to murder the 4 iron :)

However, we decided to try hybrid. I'm not keen on hybrids. I pull them left very easily but I'm open to anything the fitter was suggesting. He gave me TSR2 21 with 90x shaft 1/2" long. He set it to fade bias in the sleeve after i mention the pulls. First 3 shots were easy to hit but high right. Starting right and fading. Too far right.

Moved the sleeve back to A1 and we found our answer. We were looking for 140 ball speed and I was mashing 144 no problem, high draws right down the pipe. The draw that starts right of center and comes back.

I just ordered the irons now. will wait on the hybrid as my wallet can only take so much damage, Overall, i had a great experience and cant wait for the clubs.

T150 - 5 iron - X100 +0.5"
T100 - 6-PW - X100 +0.5"

These give me perfect gapping in to my existing 50/54/60 wedges. Phew!

Last edited:
Had an iron fitting at Titleist fitting institute in Saturday. Currently playing Mizuno MP-18SC with X100. Playing half inch long which actually turned out to be 1" when the guy measured them lol.

I like my Mizunos but my son is getting in to golf and needs clubs so I figured I'd hand down and get new ones myself :LOL:. Plus they are getting pretty worn on the face.

Warmed up and hit my Mizuno 7 iron. He asked me how far I carry. I dont really know, I told him I typically pull it for 175 yards. Absolutely melted one 180 carry!! So we went T100 right off the bat with X100 half inch long. 175 average and 125 ball speed. Lovely spin (6400), height (102ft) and land angle (47). Felt and sounded wonderful too. Pretty easy fit right there. Numbers were incredible. I hit one or two chunky or thin but i didnt really suffer that badly. Yes they were shorter but not disastrously so.

Moved to 5 iron for ball speed gapping. T100 wasn't quite enough, just on the border but I felt I had to step on it a little. Pulled out the T150 and bingo! first time: ball speed, heght and spin all in the parameters. To be honest, i didnt notice any difference with the T150 compared to the T100 at address. Just looked great. Same feel and sound. Same shaft.

Now 4 iron. T150 wasn't enough, moved in to T200. I didn't really get on with them at all. Just off on ball speed but launch was way off and my dispersion was horrible. I thought they felt and sounded a little clicky too. Tried the hybrid shaft in T200 - even worse. I couldn't feel the club at all. I have been soldiering through a bad back, i think my lower left SIJ is inflamed and at this stage I was feeling it. Could have been the issue especially as I was trying to murder the 4 iron :)

However, we decided to try hybrid. I'm not keen on hybrids. I pull them left very easily but I'm open to anything the fitter was suggesting. He gave me TSR2 21 with 90x shaft 1/2" long. He set it to fade bias in the sleeve after i mention the pulls. First 3 shots were easy to hit but high right. Starting right and fading. Too far right.

Moved the sleeve back to A1 and we found our answer. We were looking for 140 ball speed and I was mashing 144 no problem, high draws right down the pipe. The draw that starts right of center and comes back.

I just ordered the irons now. will wait on the hybrid as my wallet can only take so much damage, Overall, i had a great experience and cant wait for the clubs.

T150 - 5 iron - X100 +0.5"
T100 - 4-PW - X100 +0.5"

These give me perfect gapping in to my existing 50.54/60 wedges. Phew!
Nice write up. I am presuming you didn’t mean 4-pw in T100’s, given that you went T150 in your 5 iron.

Nice write up. I am presuming you didn’t mean 4-pw in T100’s, given that you went T150 in your 5 iron.
Thanks. Good catch :). Edited but yes 6-PW in the T100. Cant wait.

It sounds like after an adjustment period, you will have improved performance. I would think for most of us, we would rather have the ball just stop, rather than spin back. Usually for me, if the ball spins back, I have a much longer putt than I would want or should have with a well struck shot.
is absolutely better performance...Member-member this weekend...outside of one flyer round (mental struggles on me, not clubs) but for the 5 rounds shot 38, 38, 38, 44, 35...our final match had 3 birdies (10 birdies for the 4 some, was a 2 man best ball format), and similar to the rest of the rounds, and 10 total birdies for me, all were due to great iron shots, not HOT putter...had a few circus shots, that I didnt pull off mostly as i was focused on the lie..

the turf interaction, and the consistency are fantastic, one of the best conversions and upgrades I have ever done!!! truly love these irons..and the gapping at 6 iron to T-200 is fantastic, very Very consistent...had several Par 5's which left me with 200-210 in... (which is my 205 carry club, and is just a stop within 1-3 yards)...Again, the transition is getting used to hitting a number, and with high consistency and not thinking about possible spin back...

Last edited:
It took over 9 holes to adjust to these. Now I am hitting really solid and gaining confidence. Love the turf interaction and spin I am getting with these.

Back