Tour Event 2023 World Wide Technology Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Los Cabos, Mexico
Last Year's Winner was Russell Henley

Michael Block is back for this one. Anyone still interested in that storyline?

I just saw an article mentioning he is playing in it this week.

1 made cut on the year in 6 tries. But, if he could hit the ball further he'd be better than Rory, right?

1 made cut on the year in 6 tries. But, if he could hit the ball further he'd be better than Rory, right?
Blockie has become the most oversold item of the year.

IMG_1628.jpeg
Last time I saw Michael Block and Rory together. Block had to wait for Rory to finish the 15th hole alone. And that was after a delay to repair the cup caused by Block’s shot.

Block was such a great story. I feel so fortunate that I was sitting pin high on 15 to witness the hole in one.

In the moment, it was a good story. It lost it's luster quickly.
Plus we learned the truth.. But. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies.

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend".

No. His 15 minutes was up a long time ago.

I hate that they moved this tournament to Mexico. To me, Doral was always a fun course to watch.

Feeling for Baddeley a bit here. 100th in the FedEx fall and can’t crack the lineup here. Before someone else says it, I’m firmly rooted in the “play better” camp, and know the system in place is well known and equal to all, but I still feel for the guy.

OMG with the commercials for a fall event second round.

I know we complain about this all the time but I actually had to turn it off yesterday. You would think Tiger and Rory was out there with the inudatation of commercials.

I'm home sick and was looking forward to this all day and within 30 minutes I had enough with the commercials.

The networks need to realize who is in the field before burying us in commercials. How do they expect folks to watch this.

PGAT and TV networks are there own worst enemy.

LMAO first commercial is a pill for menopause.

Kuch🔥

Rory averages about 326 yards, Block averages about 284. 42 yards difference. For an example, let's say a par 4 for the PGA is 475 yards. Both hit their drives in the middle. Rory has 149 yards and Block has 190 yards. Rory is hitting PW and Block is hitting 6 or perhaps even a 5 iron. Hitting a PW versus a 6 or 5 iron is big advantage on just one hole, but a gigantic advantage over 72 holes.

Do I think Block would be a top player in the world like Rory if he had Rory's distance? Perhaps, but who knows and not likely? However, he could very well be a good player on the PGA tour. The fact of the matter is that distance does make big, big difference as long as it is accurate enough.

Last edited:
Never thought we’d see Camilo Villegas on top of a leaderboard again.

hope he can hold on and win today

Pulling for anyone besides Kuchar. That usually translates to him winning. I find Van Rooyen‘s joggers and mustache highly annoying, but I want this mustachioed weirdo to get the win.

Final hole and Kuchar laid an egg. Hate to see it. Mustache has an 🦅 putt.

A couple of great shots into 18 by Van Rooyen and Villegas.

Outstanding! Kuchar loses…I mean Van Rooyen wins.

It wasn’t his fault
He didn’t say no.. I don’t fault him. But he has played this up for a while now.

Was really hoping for a Villegas win.

He didn’t say no.. I don’t fault him. But he has played this up for a while now.
Lmao, why on gods green earth would he say no?

Lmao, why on gods green earth would he say no?
That’s my point. I wouldn’t either in his position. But he is oversold.

Back