Comparing to the prior Grandsport only or did it best others as well?
The Grandsport is out. I had also tried a couple versions of the Cleveland Frontline Elevado (single bend and plumbers neck). I'm a blade guy but the wider blade of the Widesport feels better and is visually more appealing for me. I'm a left eye dominant right handed player so I tend to do better with blades. I find that mallets tend to draw my eyes back away from the ball.

Got some extensive hands on rolling a good selection of the new Cobra putters this weekend. Widesport, Grandsport, Sport-40, Nova, Stingray, Supernova, AgeraRS and Agera.
The blades will fit someone well just not me. I am fine with them on shorter putts but anything with real distance I have trouble with distance control. The Grandsport is a vast improvement in the looks department from last iteration. Pebax vs traditional insert is not as noticeable in the blades.

In my putters I need them to be like O-lineman, need ass and mass.
I am pretty sure I am down to a two horse race between the Supernova and the AgeraRS. I like that the footprint of the RS front to back is more compact. I have never used the multiple track alignment aid before and I think I like it. From a putting perspective they are pretty even. I think it will just come down to what looks better to me. I was that guy putting from the far corner to the farthest hole and felt really confident with the 3D mallets. Center, off center, it didn’t really matter. Forgiveness was very apparent. The printed lattice tech is there, just a little more discrete this go round than the bold, in your face from the last generation. A few of the models had the shrink wrap off and the 3D line really looks good with the wraps off, giving the full monty. It’s been used before but refined is an apt description.

Spent some time again with these tonight. Learned to appreciate the refinement in acoustics on the 3d line. They were giving me some great audible feedback.

Agera RS and Supernova remain my favorites.
IMG_20240322_130005.jpg

Agera RS and Supernova remain my favorites.
View attachment 9250624
That’s a nice selection to choose from. I’m moving from the Grandsport 35 to the Widesport this season. Only have a couple sessions on the putting mat indoors so far with the Widesport.

Same!
Does the inability to pick up the ball with the RS have any influence?
No, not anymore. I'm currently leaning to Agera RS. So I'll probably end up with both 😂😂

Oh man, you get the Stingray-20 as an option…
looks like there is a Supernova-20 overseas as well

Edit: meant Supernova

Last edited:
I picked up my supernova from the club yesterday, I think it looks great and can't wait to get it out on the course as soon as Indiana stops Indianaing.

supernova.jpg

yeah, I bought a sport-20 from australia with the last round because @baylrballa convinced me I should play a blade putter

Indeed there is. I also tried the Agera RS-30 and might like that even more than the RS.

Indeed there is. I also tried the Agera RS-30 and might like that even more than the RS.
I have my eye on picking up one of the RS-30 eventually. I think that one suits my eye the best.

I have my eye on picking up one of the RS-30 eventually. I think that one suits my eye the best.
Its really good. I honestly am trying to decide between the RS and the CB Agera. They are different but man did I find them both to be very stable.

that looks great! did they re-shaft it into something black for you?
Our pro did, after I asked him to order it for me he called and said he made some tweaks he thought I'd like. He was right. It's a KBS CTTour 120. I haven't rolled it yet but I like the look of it.

Its really good. I honestly am trying to decide between the RS and the CB Agera. They are different but man did I find them both to be very stable.
DIY a CB RS since you are gonna change the grip at some point anyway ;)

DIY a CB RS since you are gonna change the grip at some point anyway ;)
Haha I actually really like the grip change this year on both of them even though they are different from each other. The CB has a bigger version but it works. If I went RS I'd leave it alone.

My stroke is a slight arc, that's why I'm also thinking about the toe hang version. And the fact that I just grabbed one, sank 2/3 20ft puts and the one was 10cm away. I'm seriously falling in love with the 3D lineup.

Haha I actually really like the grip change this year on both of them even though they are different from each other. The CB has a bigger version but it works. If I went RS I'd leave it alone.
I agree on the new stock grip. The oversized, non-taper pistol style has become my go-to

Was able to go to a Cobra demo day today and they had all the putters. The guy running it let me take whatever putters I wanted over to the putting green to give them a run. Took the Agera RS, Stringray, Supernova and Cuda over. Started out with some 6 footers, then moved to so 15 footers, and finished off with some 3 footers. Was over there about 15 minutes having a ball. I think I have found my putter, and it is the Cuda. Love the feel of the Pebax insert, love the look of all the cobra putters but the Cuda just setup very easy for me. The three alignment lines on the head work. Just loved it on the green.

Was able to go to a Cobra demo day today and they had all the putters. The guy running it let me take whatever putters I wanted over to the putting green to give them a run. Took the Agera RS, Stringray, Supernova and Cuda over. Started out with some 6 footers, then moved to so 15 footers, and finished off with some 3 footers. Was over there about 15 minutes having a ball. I think I have found my putter, and it is the Cuda. Love the feel of the Pebax insert, love the look of all the cobra putters but the Cuda just setup very easy for me. The three alignment lines on the head work. Just loved it on the green.
Cuda is my favourite of the Vintage line. I could easily game it. Really good face and speed control, nice visuals and the Pebax insert is nice. Still leaning on the 3D line, but if I went Vintage, it would be Cuda.

Sounds like you had a really nice demo day altogether!

That’s awesome man!

Was noticing the 3D lattice on the Agera today, they did such a great job updating these from the original version

IMG_5748.jpegIMG_5749.jpegIMG_5751.jpeg

Back