NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

It was awesome when we won in 2016. It felt like there was a wave of excitement up until the end. A competitive Granddaddy is great for everyone.

Some of the more recent teams though did a much better job than we did with the post event engagement and that is a bummer. I know life gets in the way and all. I wish more of the team stuck around.
Can’t imagine how great it felt to win. It was awesome watching it unfold in the forum.

Best AssCap ever

IMG_1135.jpegIMG_1274.jpeg

Best Ruben ever (I think they were Rubens)

IMG_1155.jpeg

And he's actually a very nice guy lol

IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1039.jpeg

You know what, screw it, I want to go back, I am throwing my hat in.

I may not be as active as some (most) who far outpace me in posts, knowledge, and golf skills. I am going to do my best to uphold what this event is about, and bringing the event to you as THP as a whole.

I loved my time there, would do things differently (ie. Hopefully better), and will do everything I can to help the next team come out on top.

You want it? Lets do this THP!

Can’t imagine how great it felt to win. It was awesome watching it unfold in the forum.
We definitely felt the forum. I remember the posts going several new pages per minute.

I think most the forum knew before my group did. We found out the same way everyone else did.

I am surprised it hasn’t happened since. Lots of close matches.

Interesting to think back on past participants and who could possibly be the next captain. While a number aren't around anymore, still quite a few great THPers that I think would do a fantastic job. Definitely looking forward to seeing who gets the nod.

You know what, screw it, I want to go back, I am throwing my hat in.

I may not be as active as some (most) who far outpace me in posts, knowledge, and golf skills. I am going to do my best to uphold what this event is about, and bringing the event to you as THP as a whole.

I loved my time there, would do things differently (ie. Hopefully better), and will do everything I can to help the next team come out on top.

You want it? Let’s do this THP!
I’d endorse

There are a lot of people that I would endorse for captain. Not sure I could do it justice, but most on my team could plus others that I have seen in the past would do great. I love that this is going to happen.

How cool would it be if there was a documentary every year on this event, like how Full Swing just did with the Ryder Cup?

How cool would it be if there was a documentary every year on this event, like how Full Swing just did with the Ryder Cup?
This past year would have been a crazy follow... it is still surprising every single day.

If I'm still here, better have a lucky horseshoe in your bag Jason. Because the losing streak will end if I have something to add.

Crazy to the there are what? 110-120 people that could be thinking they have a shot at returning.
Less. There's a decent amount of people who aren't around for whatever reason it is

Less. There's a decent amount of people who aren't around for whatever reason it is
From going back through the threads and seeing who's still active, the number is somewhere around 62.

From going back through the threads and seeing who's still active, the number is somewhere around 62.
That’s an awfully specific number haha

Good news, amazing live update thread to go through which does a pretty good job of it including full on emotional recaps

Good news, amazing live update thread to go through which does a pretty good job of it including full on emotional recaps
Not meant as a slight against the live thread in anyway. Just thinking out loud how amazing a video documentary would be in addition to the live thread. It enhances things being able to actually see the players, courses etc.

It’s always nice matching a face to a name.

Not meant as a slight against the live thread in anyway. Just thinking out loud how amazing a video documentary would be in addition to the live thread. It enhances things being able to actually see the players, courses etc.

It would be super cool. But also so incredibly hard. There is so much going on and people get spread out pretty quickly at times.. It would take a full camera crew to get that captured..

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Tons of pics and videos in that thread.
Sadly a full video would be forced to come WAY later due to the equipment the players are using being well before embargo.
Then since it is held at an extremely private place, the signoff from the club, along with the HQ of a publicly traded company would be nearly impossible to get.

It would be super cool. But also so incredibly hard. There is so much going on and people get spread out pretty quickly at times.. It would take a full camera crew to get that captured..
As long as @OldandStiff was there, we'd have it covered. He rolls deep. :ROFLMAO:

Tons of pics and videos in that thread.
Sadly a full video would be forced to come WAY later due to the equipment the players are using being well before embargo.
Then since it is held at an extremely private place, the signoff from the club, along with the HQ of a publicly traded company would be nearly impossible to get.
Live thread, with posts nearly every few seconds taking place during the event has always been the best way to follow along and/or go back and relive. Years ago when we did the videos, the preferred method was still the live updates and reading back through. If I remember correctly, the old Morgan Cup videos we did were skimmed over quickly in favor for the posts from the guys in the events.

Live thread, with posts nearly every few seconds taking place during the event has always been the best way to follow along and/or go back and relive. Years ago when we did the videos, the preferred method was still the live updates and reading back through. If I remember correctly, the old Morgan Cup videos we did were skimmed over quickly in favor for the posts from the guys in the events.
AND-- the live thread is a ton of fun. You hang on every post during the rounds, you hit F5 constantly and there's banter within the community. One of my favorite parts of the year, and I plan on utilizing a couple vaca days this year for the experience.

Live thread, with posts nearly every few milliseconds taking place during the event has always been the best way to follow along and/or go back and relive. Years ago when we did the videos, the preferred method was still the live updates and reading back through. If I remember correctly, the old Morgan Cup videos we did were skimmed over quickly in favor for the posts from the guys in the events.
fixed

I was just reading back through our 2023 thread last night, there were almost (or maybe over!) 500 posts on the night at Al's house alone, you guys were blowing the thread up so hard while we were eating dinner, doing the speeches and getting the first day pairings chosen! It was a lot of fun to read back through it and re-live it.

I was just reading back through our 2023 thread last night, there were almost 500 posts on the night at Al's house alone, you guys were blowing the thread up so hard while we were eating dinner, doing the speeches and getting the first day pairings chosen! It was a lot of fun to read back through it and re-live it.
Didn't hurt that you all slow played the attire reveal...

Back