Tour Event 2024 LIV Las Vegas

Gonna get smashed by Wasted Management.

BUT, this week did more than enough for me to still bounce back and forth and check this out some. We know we will get more actual golf coverage at least.
LIV is much simpler to watch. Plus, if miss it live you can watch it later on youtube or the app without any commercials. I love that option. YOu can turn it on and click forward past slow parts or talking and turn a 5 hours video into about 2 haha. The PGA will never understand that people would watch content like this. They block it at all costs.

Still kinda bad timing for LIV. They are up against a lot. lol.

Gonna get smashed by Wasted Management.
I hope so as WM has a 14-year history in a tournament over 90 years old.
:rolleyes:

I hope so as WM has a 14-year history in a tournament over 90 years old.
:rolleyes:
It sure does, which makes scheduling even dumber here.

After 3 rounds. Joaco is a beast.

1707167911488.png

Not sure why they felt the need to go head to head with the PGA in the same week at the same location (city) will be interesting.
Isn't LIV in Vegas while PGAT is in Scottsdale Arizona???

It sure does, which makes scheduling even dumber here.
I thought so, but since WM is not an elevated event they are not getting close to field it probably should.

No Rors
No Hovland
No Xander
No Cantlay
No Morikawa

I'm sure WM will out draw LIV but I think PGA made a mistake not making it an elevated event.

I thought so, but since WM is not an elevated event they are not getting close to field it probably should.

No Rors
No Hovland
No Xander
No Cantlay
No Morikawa

I'm sure WM will out draw LIV but I think PGA made a mistake not making it an elevated event.
It’s still the WM though. The field doesn’t matter, the party does.

As for the elevated part, they were never going to elevate a party atmosphere.

No Rors
No Hovland
No Xander
No Cantlay
No Morikawa

Yeah, but Max is there, that's will be worth watching by itself.

It’s still the WM though. The field doesn’t matter, the party does.

As for the elevated part, they were never going to elevate a party atmosphere.
It was an elevated event in 2023. I understand they want to rotate between tournaments.

I think the patrons will still show up, not sure of the same TV ratings.

It was an elevated event in 2023. I understand they want to rotate between tournaments.

I think the patrons will still show up, not sure of the same TV ratings.
Ratings will still be big, it’s tradition on Super Bowl weekend.

Actually looking forward to this tournament. WM is going to be the better tournament but who will complain about two golf tournament with possibly two awesome finishes? More golf just feels like a win for everyone. It’s still hard to feel like LIV is organically good. It just feels like it’s been bought and who cares if it makes money.

It sure does, which makes scheduling even dumber here
Huh? Did they just not schedule an LIV event up against an elevated Peeble Beach event last weekend?

I even think LIV missed an opportunity to start earlier and put Mayakoba up against Farmers. They got lucky with the weather at Pebble.

I like the same weekend as the SB on the other hand because of all the eyeballs on Vegas. If they really wanted eyeballs...finish Sunday early during the 8+ hours of SB preview shows.

Huh? Did they just not schedule an LIV event up against an elevated Peeble Beach event last weekend?
Which was also dumb. But they lucked out with the weather cancelling the PGAT and reaped the benefits of some of those eyes.

This, is still dumb.

I even think LIV missed an opportunity to start earlier and put Mayakoba up against Farmers. They got lucky with the weather at Pebble.

I like the same weekend as the SB on the other hand because of all the eyeballs on Vegas. If they really wanted eyeballs...finish Sunday early during the 8+ hours of SB preview shows.
LIV’s final day is Saturday, so they are not really going up against the SB or final round of WM.

LIV’s final day is Saturday, so they are not really going up against the SB or final round of WM.
I'm saying they should have finished on Sunday early to go up against the ridiculous amount of SB pregame coverage while ensuring they don't pull a WM and have a playoff during kickoff

I'm saying they should have finished on Sunday early to go up against the ridiculous amount of SB pregame coverage while ensuring they don't pull a WM and have a playoff during kickoff
Sunday at the WM is not like Saturdays party and it has been noticeable for years now. I think they saw that and wisely chose the Saturday finish. Folks will be prepping for SB parties, not necessarily wanting to attend a golf tourney.

There are always a lot of folks in Vegas, especially this coming weekend. Going there when there are a maximum number of bodies available seems reasonable.

Hip Hip Tour Kay!

After 3 rounds. Joaco is a beast.

View attachment 9240771

Niemann and Uihlein are sneaky long. I just saw clips of the playoff and saw that Niemann was way ahead of Sergio on their drives. I thought Sergio may have been teeing off with a fairway wood, but maybe not.

Niemann and Uihlein are sneaky long. I just saw clips of the playoff and saw that Niemann was way ahead of Sergio on their drives. I thought Sergio may have been teeing off with a fairway wood, but maybe not.
Pretty sure both players hit driver. Niemann with the draw (and he pounded it three straight times to almost the identical spot), Sergio went with the cutter. Couple that with 20 years age difference, well it = about 40 yards or so.

Sucks getting old, especially when these youngins are that good.

Pretty sure both players hit driver. Niemann with the draw (and he pounded it three straight times to almost the identical spot), Sergio went with the cutter. Couple that with 20 years age difference, well it = about 40 yards or so.

Sucks getting old, especially when these youngins are that good.

Perhaps, but from the LIV driving distance stats, Sergio was not that short for the week. Sergio ranked #13 with 296.1 yards. Niemann #2 at 303.4 yards. Other notable big hitters were all about the same as Sergio. Rahm #11 at 297.2 yards. DJ #9 at 298 yards. Koepka #5 at 300.6 yards. T Pieters #12 at 296.4. All the big hitters were around the same distance for the week.

However, the driving stats probably don't tell the entire story because Mayakoba is narrow off the tee, so I'm sure there were many fairway woods hit off the tee. Now, I'm thinking that Sergio did hit fairway wood off the tee on the playoff holes. :unsure: Now I want to see the PGA Shotlink data. 😅

Very bold scheduling move, but on the other hand maybe it makes sense with a lot of people in town for the Super Bowl - and a lot of people with plenty of disposable income, at that. They may draw some of them to the tournament since it doesn't overlap with the game.

Back