CONTEST 2024 March Madness Contest and Thread Sponsored by Tour Edge

Kolek playing? They might be a problem if fully healthy.
He is said to be playing, and could have played in the Big East tournament but they decided to rest him for the tournament, per reports. The team is good. Just not UConn good.

Happy to be in this year, I always miss out on the signups. Wonder which 16 seed I will get? :unsure:

He is said to be playing, and could have played in the Big East tournament but they decided to rest him for the tournament, per reports. The team is good. Just not UConn good.
Hopefully they don't see UConn ;) . I remember when Syracuse won it in 2003 they beat Oklahoma to go to Final 4. Then we all watched #1 seed Texas play #4 seed UConn and everyone in Syracuse rooted for Texas. SU finished 30-5 that year and 2 of those losses were UConn.

Hopefully they don't see UConn ;) . I remember when Syracuse won it in 2003 they beat Oklahoma to go to Final 4. Then we all watched #1 seed Texas play #4 seed UConn and everyone in Syracuse rooted for Texas. SU finished 30-5 that year and 2 of those losses were UConn.
I thought they were going to pull it out in the Big East Championship game but let it slip about half way though the second half. Better showing than the egg they laid a few weeks go. Its been great to watch this year. Marquette is definitely formattable this year. Oso Ighodaro is legit.

Interesting that you bring up 2003 and U Conn in response to Marquette. U Conn beat Syracuse in the Big East Semis and lost to Pitt in the finals. Marquette beat Pitt in the NCAA Tournament and made the Final 4. And as for that Syracuse Oklahoma game that was played in Albany. I was at the game. Syracuse had beaten Auburn by 1 point in the Sweet 16. Butler, before they were really good was the other team in Albany that year.

Can we all take a moment to agree that Providence god totally screwed by not making into the tournament? They are a very good team that deserved to be in.

Interesting that you bring up 2003 and U Conn in response to Marquette. U Conn beat Syracuse in the Big East Semis and lost to Pitt in the finals. Marquette beat Pitt in the NCAA Tournament and made the Final 4. And as for that Syracuse Oklahoma game that was played in Albany. I was at the game. Syracuse had beaten Auburn by 1 point in the Sweet 16. Butler, before they were really good was the other team in Albany that year.
Auburn was actually closest game they had score wise. They were a 10 seed who beat 2 seed WF. Pretty sure they hit a meaningless 3 @ buzzer though to make it 1 point game. Syracuse beat 4 Big-12 teams on their run. They even had T-shirts here that said 2003 Nat'l champs and Big-12 champs. Oklahoma and Texas were 1 seeds and Kansas was a 2. I did not make the game in Albany but had several fans there. Probably unfair to Oklahoma as it was def. a road game.

I thought they were going to pull it out in the Big East Championship game but let it slip about half way though the second half. Better showing than the egg they laid a few weeks go. Its been great to watch this year. Marquette is definitely formattable this year. Oso Ighodaro is legit.
I miss the Big East so much. Can't stand being in the ACC. I know football rules the roost (Syracuse might be good this year too) but it has never felt the same. Not much better than that tournament in MSG every March.

I thought St John's, Seton Hall, & Providence all had a case this year btw.

Auburn was actually closest game they had score wise. They were a 10 seed who beat 2 seed WF. Pretty sure they hit a meaningless 3 @ buzzer though to make it 1 point game. Syracuse beat 4 Big-12 teams on their run. They even had T-shirts here that said 2003 Nat'l champs and Big-12 champs. Oklahoma and Texas were 1 seeds and Kansas was a 2. I did not make the game in Albany but had several fans there. Probably unfair to Oklahoma as it was def. a road game.
In the Auburn game, Auburn and Marquise Daniels in particular played a textbook offense against the 2-3 zone. It was enjoyable to watch although I was cleary rooting for Syracuse.

Weren't a lot of Oklahoma fans in Albany for those games. Most of the Butler and Auburn fans sold their next round tickets (they used to actually have tickets) to SU fans. They were selling them right in the arena after the games

And for last years opening round games in Albany, they pretty much were U Conn home games. For the round of 32 game against St. Mary's. the majority of the crowd booed St. Mary's in the introductions before the game.

I miss the Big East so much. Can't stand being in the ACC. I know football rules the roost (Syracuse might be good this year too) but it has never felt the same. Not much better than that tournament in MSG every March.

The Big East didn't get any love (outside of the three top seeds) from the committee.

Instead, we get mighty Virginia with a 23-10 record, and a losing record on the road.

In the Auburn game, Auburn and Marquise Daniels in particular played a textbook offense against the 2-3 zone. It was enjoyable to watch although I was cleary rooting for Syracuse.

Weren't a lot of Oklahoma fans in Albany for those games. Most of the Butler and Auburn fans sold their next round tickets (they used to actually have tickets) to SU fans. They were selling them right in the arena after the games

And for last years opening round games in Albany, they pretty much were U Conn home games. For the round of 32 game against St. Mary's. the majority of the crowd booed St. Mary's in the introductions before the game.
Are you going to see Caitlin Clark this year?
Instead, we get mighty Virginia with a 23-10 record, and a losing record on the road.
And they are so awful to watch. I'm sure they make the Elite 8 now. Mich St. too.

Dang I missed this. Good luck everyone, for sure makes the tournament more fun. Thank you THP and Tour Edge!

Are you going to see Caitlin Clark this year?

And they are so awful to watch. I'm sure they make the Elite 8 now. Mich St. too.
I'm probably going to be in Tampa that weekend when the women are here.

I'm thinking the committee viewed Virginia as if that miraculous last second banked in three by NC State didn't happen. I agree that they're painful to watch. They want to play a game in the 50s.

This is the wrong year to get Gonzaga :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good luck all!

Taylor v James in the final haha

LBSU! Let's see a cinderella story!

Back