2024 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

View attachment 9243789

Forgot this was only discussed in the thread before the thread because they did it before embargo date, but this was Mike from TXG's results with the TP5x on 50y, PW, and 7i.

And with driver.

View attachment 9243790
Thanks for posting. ProV1X highest launching and middle spin off driver, lowest launching highest spin of irons and wedges. 🥰😍🥰😍🥰

Same here! Anyone know who they’re using to ship? FedEx, USPS???
FedEx. I contacted TM's support and they offered me a return/exchange, return/refund, or 30% discount. Decided to go with the discount to avoid the hassle of shipping back. Hopefully there are no more bad batches. Customer service is fantastic though.

Same here! Anyone know who they’re using to ship? FedEx, USPS???
They came FedEx. Mine actually arrived today. Super quick shipping.

tempImageuI5Loo.png

Yep. 2 TP5, 2 TP5 Pix, 2 TP5x, & 2 TP5x Pix
That's cool. Didn't think about them including any Pix models. I assumed just a couple TP5 and x.

5x continues to be about the longest on course off the tee for me with my setup. 5 is right there though and I prefer it for most of the rest of my bag.

5x continues to be about the longest on course off the tee for me with my setup. 5 is right there though and I prefer it for most of the rest of my bag.
While I’m happy with Pro V1x, I would definitely consider a softer feeling spinier ball if distance wasn’t drastically impacted. Tested Z Star Diamond. It was good but firm. I’m really looking forward to testing the new TP5 and BSX.

I played 9 with the TP5 today and came away very impressed. The soft feel and sound are fantastic. It performed very well off driver, irons and short game when I put a good swing on it. Need some more swings with it but I really like this ball.

Last edited:
Mine should be arriving this coming week so looking forward to getting them on course.

Got my sample pack today. Will try them after the Goat Cup.

Received my sample pack on Friday and got a chance to try out the TP5 today. The ball really felt good off the driver, fairway woods, and irons. Distance wise, I didn't see any difference in my gamer, the Chrome Tour. Back out on Tuesday and will give the TP5x a go.

I played a TP5X for about 2/3 of a round over the weekend. It is really long. It seemed quite low spin. I hit a couple of fantastic pw shots and the ball did not seem like it had much spin when it hit the green.

My test kit arrived yesterday. Nice mix of the TP5 & TP5X with the Pix blended in.
Lets see how these compare with the Tour B RX...

Mine came yesterday, unfortunately I don't think the weather is going to cooperate in getting to play this weekend.

i tried to do some ball testing with both previous models vs these 2024 models and it didnt go too hot lol. My swing is absolutely awful and couldnt take away any useful data at all. One thing i found with my awful swing is the 2024 TP5x had 300rpms more spin on 50 yard shots than TP5. Other than that i really didnt notice much difference but my session was so bad im not making any decisions yet

i will say the 2024 TP5 feels noticably softer than the TP5x.

I got an Email a little over a month ago asking if i would test the new TP5's, so i signed up. Did not hear anything for a few weeks and then i got an email saying they shopped, showed up last week and they look awesome in the packaging. I just got released to swing from my shoulder and have a meeting tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to trying these out

So I don't have any data from a 50 yard pitch shot, I did go to the simulator and get data from my driver and 7i. Most important piece of information to me is the driver spin and the dispersion as my tee ball is make or break for my scoring. I'm an extremely high spin player that has got fit into low spin/low launch shafts (project x 6.5 rifle shafts ion my irons and wedges). I was between the Chrome Tour and the TP5x. I've played a few rounds with the Chrome Tour and the TP5x both have plenty of green side spin for me but the TP5x wins out with one of, if not the least amount of spin off my driver that doesn't balloon. The TP5x is my new gamer. Last year I played Pro -V1x (left dash) exclusively. I just felt like it wasn't quite right, the TP5x feels perfect for me. I'm posting my driver numbers for TP5X first and the Chrome Tour second, it wasn't a great day at the sim but I hit a few as though I felt like it was my normal swing. After being on the course a few times it has held up really well and played as I would have expected after being in the sim. I've also tested Chrome Tour x, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Oncore (all 4 premium balls) and BS Tour B X (launches way too high for me).

Attachments

• TP5X Driver.jpg
    TP5X Driver.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 16
  • Chrome Tour Driver.jpg
    Chrome Tour Driver.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 17
I played each of these for 9 holes today and….

Better, I guess? But still not there for me.

The X is just such a hard golf ball, it’s reminiscent of the RZN Black for me, and I’m not a slow swinger. Distance was good, spin into greens was fair, but it was just FIRM as hell off of every club in the bag.

The 5 was better feeling, but still more firm than what I’m used to playing. Spin greenside was better, definitely an improvement from last time, but it just didn’t have the pop I expected off the tee I guess?

They’re ok, but for me didn’t hit the hype/hope I had in my head I guess. Worth grabbing a couple sleeves to try though.

Giving the 24 TP5 a serious look.....I'm slow and spin with launch .....23 v1x fits but the TP5 feels better to my aging body .....more to come

WOW!!! Does this TP5 work well for me..... higher flight but piercing with very consistent and predictable spin characteristics......best tp5 they've made ...

Actually plays like a combo of the 2 new chrome tour balls 👌

Back