2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I want to be more present in this thread this year. Doing so at the beginning of last year helped me stay on my journey. I fell away from this thread mid-year last year and I went back to old habits. I ballooned up 20lb and now I'm back on the grind. I'm mad at myself for letting it happen but the only thing I can do is recommit

Back on the high protein / low carb way of life, cut desserts again, and in a week since doing so I'm already feeling the difference it's only translated to a little over 1lb on the scale but my body feels so much better now that I'm giving it the right fuel. I'm gonna try hard to hold myself accountable in this thread again this year. Having a community of like-minded folks to communicate with in here helps big time. Let's get it in 2024 THP.

edit - The "Keto - Theif of Joy" one is sooooooooooooo accurate!! :ROFLMAO:

I have begun 2024 12 lbs lighter than December 1st 2023. I have been doing the low fat thing with exercise and eating all of the carbs I want. The lbs are coming off way slower now than when I started. I will need to kick it up a notch to lose another 10-15 lbs. Weight loss is great but the real reason for my diet is to get my cholesterol and more importantly my triglycerides down to a manageable level without having to be put on statins. No effing way they are putting me on those.

There is something so satisfying about a colorful plate of food.
Jenn and I went out for dinner the other night just the two of us for the first time in a while. We went to this new Asian Bistro place and that was something I said when our food came out. Granted the colors were mostly from peppers, but still its amazing what the colors of a plate can do.

I have no idea how I missed this viral dish but I definitely need to try this, or a version of this.

I have no idea how I missed this viral dish but I definitely need to try this, or a version of this.

Those look good. I love salmon but outside of grilling it, never know what to do with it. These would be fun.

It looks so easy and great way to basically make sushi at home without rolling it.
And, anything that is cooked in a muffing tin is instantly better.

Anybody in this thread tried Magic Spoon? Been hearing a lot about it lately, and wondering if it's actually good or garbage....

And, anything that is cooked in a muffing tin is instantly better.
Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

Anybody in this thread tried Magic Spoon? Been hearing a lot about it lately, and wondering if it's actually good or garbage....
I have never had it, and have no idea about the ingredients if that is something you concern yourself with, but I know someone who swears by it, she loves that brand.

Let’s go!!

Need to lose about 20 pounds..

I have never had it, and have no idea about the ingredients if that is something you concern yourself with, but I know someone who swears by it, she loves that brand.
I guess I did a quick glance and it definitely seems to have less sugar and more protein than other cereals. I know some of the same people who swear by the taste and say it's amazing. Was just looking for other options when my sweet tooth acts up later in the evenings. Wondering if a snack like that might be enough to fight the urge for other things. I've tried doing a protein shake sometimes, but that doesn't seem to cut it.

I'll give it a shot and report back. LOL>

I saw it a while back, but damn it's expensive for some cereal.

Better options for a high protein snack, IMO.

I guess I did a quick glance and it definitely seems to have less sugar and more protein than other cereals. I know some of the same people who swear by the taste and say it's amazing. Was just looking for other options when my sweet tooth acts up later in the evenings. Wondering if a snack like that might be enough to fight the urge for other things. I've tried doing a protein shake sometimes, but that doesn't seem to cut it.

I'll give it a shot and report back. LOL>
High Protein yogurt + scoop of protein powder. Makes a cheesecake like consistency and is great for those cravings.

High Protein yogurt + scoop of protein powder. Makes a cheesecake like consistency and is great for those cravings.
I love Greek yogurt with frozen berries. I’ve seen some baked yogurt recipes too that are kind of like a custard. I plan to try that out this week.

I love Greek yogurt with frozen berries. I’ve seen some baked yogurt recipes too that are kind of like a custard. I plan to try that out this week.
I'm still going crazy with the Good Culture lactose free cottage cheese. I've found ways to literally put it in everything for an easy protein add.

Baked yogurt like custard would be amazing.

I'm still going crazy with the Good Culture lactose free cottage cheese. I've found ways to literally put it in everything for an easy protein add.

Baked yogurt like custard would be amazing.
What kind of stuff have you made with the cottage cheese and have you tried whipping it in a food processor or blender yet?

Back