3 days into 2024, what golf trends do you want to see fade away?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Joggers? Hoodies? Influencers? Something else?

Yes
Yes
Hell yes - whoever invented influencers should be banned from life 😂

Skyfisters? 😜

Yes
Yes
Hell yes - whoever invented influencers should be banned from life 😂
What are we calling an influencer? Because technically THP is an influencer. Wanting that to go away?

😜😜😜😜😜

What are we calling an influencer? Because technically THP is an influencer. Wanting that to go away?

😜😜😜😜😜
The only one I’ve heard of it golf is Paige Spranic….and not a fan 😉

I hope THP doesn’t go away!! 😎

And…I really don’t mind hoodies 😂

This is my only old man "sky fister" hot take, but whatever bro golf/good good or anything related needs to be tempered or go away. I'm all for people enjoying golf their way, but do it respectfully and these influencers are bringing players to the course who have no clue about pace of play, etiquette or overall behavior.

I NEVER want to see a pro's ankles EVER!

I feel you got to take the good with the bad. I wish I had the physique to wear joggers, but I can rock a hoodie with the best of them!

I wouldn't put THP in that social media influencer category... There's value in being here to interact and learn about a LOT of things in golf.

Joggers but I've wanted them to go away for several years now

I NEVER want to see a pro's ankles EVER!
Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

I wouldn't put THP in that social media influencer category... There's value in being here to interact and learn about a LOT of things in golf.
But, THP is an influencer in the golf media category, no?

If that means getting back to 4 hours per round I'm in
I think blaming newcomers or youth is super short sighted, especially because every course I play, it’s the olds that are usually the slowest.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

I think blaming newcomers or youth is super short sighted, especially because every course I play, it’s the olds that are usually the slowest.

Sipping Tea Time GIF
Oh you misunderstood me. I was talking the popped collars 10 beers deep by the turn type.

If we need those to grow the game it's the wrong game.

Oh you misunderstood me. I was talking the popped collars 10 beers deep by the turn type.

If we need those to grow the game it's the wrong game.
It’s funny, I actually live in a big college town and still haven’t seen popped collars on the course in about a decade hahaha

People who complain about what other people wear

People who are more influenced by influencers than by THP staff writers

The pissing match of men's professional tour golf.

Back