Diane

Reaction score
Yes, I love lists. Here are my 3 random confessions about golf.
  1. I got a 20 on a par 5 once when I was 12 - I hate that hole.
  2. I have hit myself with balls 3 times - all of them when hitting out of the sand.
  3. I once lost a dozen balls in a round.

Hmm,

#1. Haven't had a an eagle yet, been close but can't seem to close the deal.
#2. I too have lost a lot of balls during a rd, most ever was probably around 10 but I also find more than I lose. Why is that you never seem to find your own ball but can find everyone elses?
#3. If my 1st tee shot is bad, odds are the entire rd will suck.

1. I always hit the tree I am trying to hit around, over, or through.
2. I suffer from an iron-fetish; this is especially problematic with blades.
3. I measured my sand-wedge swing speed at 15 mph earlier today. I hope it was just the batteries!

I hit myself in the foot with a ricocheted ball. Knocked me down and hurt really bad.

The course I learned to play on was built along a lake. 7 out of 9 holes had water in play. First time I played it I lost 15 balls in the first 5 holes. All I had on me. I had to go to clubhouse and buy balls.

I shot 37 on front 9 once, only to follow it with a 13 on the par 5 10th hole.

1. My longest tee shot is 341 yards
  2. My best-ever 18 hole round is a 72
  3. I have Birdied every par 3 and par 4 and Eagled every par 5 at least once on the Red, Blue, Green and Black courses at Bethpage.

(I don't dwell on the "boneheaded" stuff)

-JP

1. I have said more "cuss" words in 4 hours than Andrew Dice Clay has in a whole week.
2. I sometimes completely lose my golf swing and start questioning why I play this game.
3. I talk to myself entirely too much when I'm having a bad day.

2. I sometimes completely lose my golf swing and start questioning why I play this game.
QUOTE]

I'm going through this right now Solid. I'm thinking of hanging it up until the warm weather comes back in April around here.

1. My longest tee shot is 341 yards
  2. My best-ever 18 hole round is a 72
  3. I have Birdied every par 3 and par 4 and Eagled every par 5 at least once on the Red, Blue, Green and Black courses at Bethpage.

(I don't dwell on the "boneheaded" stuff)

-JP

I like your way of thinking JP.

- The score I am proudest of was a 77, although I've shot a 65 in a friendly and a couple of 67s in tournament play.
- I once played four holes in level par with three bogeys
- I once played a round of golf where I made a 1, a 2, a 3 and a 4 on the four par threes.

1. "the tree is 90% air rule" never applies to me as I find the 10% that isn't
2. I always keep score for myself even if others are not
3. I always wear a hat/visor when playing

Tree = 90% air

A good friend always reminds me that a screen door does too!

1-My best round is an 82. The next round after that I shot a 102
2-My longest drive is 358 yds (I have witnesses I swear).
3- I have purchased 6 drivers, 3 wedges, 1 set of irons, 2 hybrids, 1 3-wood, 2-putters and a niblick all in this current calender year. I may have a problem.

1-My best round is an 82. The next round after that I shot a 102
2-My longest drive is 358 yds (I have witnesses I swear).
3- I have purchased 6 drivers, 3 wedges, 1 set of irons, 2 hybrids, 1 3-wood, 2-putters and a niblick all in this current calender year. I may have a problem.

Just so long as you didn't pick up the game 3 weeks ago.

1. I still game the same driver that I got when I picked up the game... ~5-6 years ago (can't remember exactly when I started playing) :\
2. I play irons that are faaaar too 'good' for me and are too stiff shafted.
3. Best round on home course: 76 (70, SSS: 69).

I buy a new set of fitted irons about every 4 to 6 years. The longer in between the better. I always buy component woods, and drivers usually every 3 or 4 years.

I have scored the (my) cycle of shots. Includes quad bogies, all the way up to a hole in one. The last piece of the puzzle was a couple weeks ago when I finally scored an "albatross". Took a long time to get that "2" on a par 5.

I will golf at the "drop of a hat" when traveling. :clapp:

I am never more nervous than when I am on the 1st tee and other groups are queued up to go behind me.

I play a ball that costs too much considering my game but when I hit good shots I assume they are the reason.

Don't drink or smoke (like many of my friends) but I can curse on the golf course much better than they can.

1) When I first started playing, my cousin and I were playing a round and a foursome of elderly women asked if they could play through...

2) I once accidentally threw my father out of a golf cart as he was leaning out to retrieve his golf ball off the ground, the slamming on the brakes and him flying forward also managed to snag his man parts on the way out.. I didn't drive the rest of the round..

3) I once hit a tee shot straight up in the air and it landed six feet in front of me..

2) I once accidentally threw my father out of a golf cart as he was leaning out to retrieve his golf ball off the ground, the slamming on the brakes and him flying forward also managed to snag his man parts on the way out.. I didn't drive the rest of the round..

Sounds like he probably didn't walk for the rest of the round either. That's so funny and at the same time makes me cross my legs and cringe. Ouchie :beat-up:

1. I play golf to get away from reality
2. I've never had an eagle
3. I have no problem getting up at 4:20am for my Saturday tee time but have trouble getting up at 6 for work.......

1. I play golf to get away from reality
2. I've never had an eagle
3. I have no problem getting up at 4:20am for my Saturday tee time but have trouble getting up at 6 for work.......

I am with you on all three points.

1. I got a concussion on the 4th hole once, i STILL get a headache on that hole.
2. Said hole also has a monument about how a guy had a heart attack and died on that hole.
3. I have hit myself in the junk by ricocheting a ball off of a tree stump i 'stupidly' thought I could get over with a 6iron... I was 5ft from the stump.

I have sold/traded equipment that I have bought to try before I've ever got to try it.

I like to drink beer when I play as long as no work the next day because it usually leads to more beer after the round.

I only smoke when I'm drinking or playing golf or both.

I have scored 2 eagles, both on par 4's but none on a par 5.
I have no problem swearing, but go out of my way not to curse on the course.
I always golf with a cigar.

I have scored 2 eagles, both on par 4's but none on a par 5.
I have no problem swearing, but go out of my way not to curse on the course.
I always golf with a cigar.

Really? I always golf with clubs and a ball.

1. I always hit the tree I am trying to hit around, over, or through.

I once told my wife to aim at the tree 20 yards away and take her chances. She missed the tree on the right side and hit a great shot.

Back