A plane crashed on my course about 300 yards from me

Man, so sorry for her and for all that saw that. That is just horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's terrible. So sorry you had to witness that. I really hope the pilot is ok.

I just heard the young lady passed away. She was 18. Apparently, she had been doing some touch and goes after a short solo flight, all part of getting her pilot’s license when something went wrong.

I just heard the young lady passed away. She was 18. Apparently, she had been doing some touch and goes after a short solo flight, all part of getting her pilot’s license when something went wrong.

Super tragic and so young. I hope peace finds everyone touched by this.

I can’t imagine seeing such a tragic event.

Damn Rusty, I am so sorry man. My home course is right by an airport.... I honestly can't imagine how awful this would be....

Lots of good people on here that will listen and direct you in the right direction. Damn, that just sucks.

Damn that's terrible to hear such a tragedy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry about the terrible experience. FWIW, I feel ya. As a police officer, more than a few times I was the first to respond to a raging fire where I couldn't possibly get to trapped victims.

Equal parts helplessness, horror, and even shame if that last part even makes sense. You just wish you could be clever enough, skillful enough, bold enough to help.

My advice moving forward, don't hesitate to talk about it. Let it out.

That is crazy, can't imagine just having to watch knowing you can't do a thing.

Definitely tragic with a young life lost. Prayers to the family. Hang in there bud and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Prayers for the family and those who were not able to help. So tragic, so sad, so young.

That is horrific. Sorry.

Geez....take care of yourself. Trauma can really leave an imprint on you. Hate that you had to witness that.

That is awful. Do not be too manly to go get counseling. The sooner the better. If you let stuff like that linger without talking to someone it can really mess you up.

Terrible news & so sad for the family & anyone involved. Take care of yourself. Good advice given above & by others. Talk to someone when you need to.

I really appreciate the support and offers to talk and listen. I’m okay now but, from other life experiences, I know that can change quickly and that I’ll need to reach out rather than let the bad thoughts bounce around in my head.

Thanks.

Goodness. I opened this thread hoping it was going to be a bad joke.

I really wish it would have been. RIP young lady, I’ll add her family to my little guys prayer list.

I had a similar situation with a S10 pickup that took on a Semi head on about 20 years ago. It still haunts me some all these years later. Just terrible all the way around.

I really appreciate the support and offers to talk and listen. I’m okay now but, from other life experiences, I know that can change quickly and that I’ll need to reach out rather than let the bad thoughts bounce around in my head.

Thanks.

Thinking of you, good vibes.

We have a small airport across the street from our par 3 12th green. It is a single strip and they either take off or land directly over the green. There have been a few crashes in the area but none on the course that I know of, but I am really aware when I see them coming or going hoping something like this doesn't happen!

So sorry for you to have to witness that and for her and her family as well. I have been fortunate in not having to deal with fires but I have been first on scene and last to leaving a drowing when I was still working law enforcement. I know that helpless feeling well.

That is horrible to have to witness. Icant even imagine. Best wishes.

Sorry that you had to witness that. Thoughts and prayer go out to the young ladies loved ones.

Thanks.

Hang in there, P.

Saw that in the news this morning. Sorry you had to be there when it happened.

Back