A thread for SoCal golfers.

Hey Jaysfan,
See posts above (#1696 and #1697) for information in the Anaheim area. If you want to travel further afield, then please add your preferences and I'll try to give you a few suggestions.

Thanks LobWood. I played Dad Miller as a junior , loved the track. As Tigers old stomping grounds it was fun to hear the history. When I played I did not have my clubs with me, used the rentals but this time for sure I will bring mine. In the SD area I have Woods Valley a few others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be heading down So.cal way end of summer time. I will be staying in the Anaheim area but will be traveling as far as San Diego. If anyone can suggest good courses to hit that would be great. Ideally not crazy pricey.

i would recommend 1) Arroyo Trabuco in Mission Viejo, or 2)Tijeras Creek in Rancho Santa Margarita. Week days rates are pretty good, both nice tracks. If you want to drive east Oak Quarry in Riverside is worth the trip it's my favorite course out here. Be careful a lot of courses are punching greens this time of year. I know Tijeras Creek and Oak Quarry are already done.

A thread for SoCal golfers.

i would recommend 1) Arroyo Trabuco in Mission Viejo, or 2)Tijeras Creek in Rancho Santa Margarita. Week days rates are pretty good, both nice tracks. If you want to drive east Oak Quarry in Riverside is worth the trip it's my favorite course out here. Be careful a lot of courses are punching greens this time of year. I know Tijeras Creek and Oak Quarry are already done.[/QUOTE

Thanks Bstubbs, Thanks for the suggestions. Really looking forward to tee it up there again, love hot weather and awesome courses. I changed part of the plans to include the drive up the coast. Hitting San Jose, San Fran and Napa valley as well at So.Cal

i would recommend 1) Arroyo Trabuco in Mission Viejo, or 2)Tijeras Creek in Rancho Santa Margarita. Week days rates are pretty good, both nice tracks. If you want to drive east Oak Quarry in Riverside is worth the trip it's my favorite course out here. Be careful a lot of courses are punching greens this time of year. I know Tijeras Creek and Oak Quarry are already done.

I'll second this. Especially Tijeras Creek. I love playing that course.

I played Arroyo Trabuco last year when in town and loved it.

Thanks LobWood. I played Dad Miller as a junior , loved the track. As Tigers old stomping grounds it was fun to hear the history. When I played I did not have my clubs with me, used the rentals but this time for sure I will bring mine. In the SD area I have Woods Valley a few others

My suggestions have an eastern slant. There are lots of good courses along/near the I15. You should check out these courses:

Oak Quarry (heartily agree with bstubbs) in Riverside
Goose Creek in Mira Loma
CrossCreek in Temecula

A little further out...
Oak Valley in Beaumont
Tukwet in Beaumont

I can't give you a lot of suggestions southward. I'll let the Orange County and San Diego folks chime in on that.

My suggestions have an eastern slant. There are lots of good courses along/near the I15. You should check out these courses:

Oak Quarry (heartily agree with bstubbs) in Riverside
Goose Creek in Mira Loma
CrossCreek in Temecula

A little further out...
Oak Valley in Beaumont
Tukwet in Beaumont

I can't give you a lot of suggestions southward. I'll let the Orange County and San Diego folks chime in on that.

Thanks for these tips, Will be scheding tee times in the next weeks. Would be cool to tee it up with a few of you

Thanks for these tips, Will be scheding tee times in the next weeks. Would be cool to tee it up with a few of you

Let us know when and where. I'm might be able to get out.

Let us know when and where. I'm might be able to get out.

That would be great, so far its between last week of August and 2nd week of September. so lots of time until th date

I can venture out there on Sunday. Got room for another?
Had a great round with Wonton And Lobwood. Till next time broz

I live down the street from Sterlings so I'd love to join ya. Unfortunately, Mondays are no good though. Sundays I'm in.
Glad to see you again. Next time you have to pick the course. Anywhere from Santa Barbara to Carlsbad.

Cant wait to finally tee it up with some of you guys! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

TheHeez and I decided it was time for a little get together. We are thinking of playing June 6 or 7th in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area. Was wondering if they was any interest from the SoCal Group? Let me know if you have a day preference and how far north you'd be willing to travel. We're still open to where we'll play.

Sunday the 7th should work for me. Sandpiper in Santa Barbara is always lots of fun

TheHeez and I decided it was time for a little get together. We are thinking of playing June 6 or 7th in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area. Was wondering if they was any interest from the SoCal Group? Let me know if you have a day preference and how far north you'd be willing to travel. We're still open to where we'll play.

Grandaddy and King talk...I like it.

Something a little farther down the road so we could plan would be great. SLO or central coast might be more reasonable for a good middle ground meeting place.

Something a little farther down the road so we could plan would be great. SLO or central coast might be more reasonable for a good middle ground meeting place.

We'll definitely can plan something a little later. We've just been meaning to get together so we thought we'd throw it out there to see if anybody else wanted to join us.

Hey guys, incase anyone is available, we have a spot open for our tee time this Thursday, May 28th at 8:50 at Cross Creek in Temecula. Cost is $35 and is for all day play. We plan on playing 36 that day but if you can only join us for 18, that's okay too. If you are interested please let me know ASAP.

Hey guys, incase anyone is available, we have a spot open for our tee time this Thursday, May 28th at 8:50 at Cross Creek in Temecula. Cost is $35 and is for all day play. We plan on playing 36 that day but if you can only join us for 18, that's okay too. If you are interested please let me know ASAP.

Wish I could join. Have fun. Maybe next time. Just need a little more time to be able to move things around.

But definitely looks like a fun course and we'll worth the trip for me from the Camarillo area.

Can't make it that weekend but defiantly interested in something later.

Hitting Olivas Park in Ventura at day break Friday

Always a quick 18 holes. Done by 9 am.

Playing cross creek tomorrow for first time, any advice?

I'll be in San Diego that weekend, but here a pic of my last time at Sandpiper.

b2f6275799519f75cb48f4cc13d2e981.jpg

Hey, that hole is in my avatar! :bashful:

Back