A thread for SoCal golfers.

Just moved from So. Cal to Colorado. Will have to plan my trips back to the office wisely. Even have my send set of clubs in the office in Irvine :act-up:

I was thinking about making that same move earlier this year. It's gorgeous out in CO and I'm jealous of how close you are to the mountains for winter activities, not to mention how active people are out there.

Given my recent introduction and obsession with golf though, I'm pretty happy with the outcome of staying in CA.

I was thinking about making that same move earlier this year. It's gorgeous out in CO and I'm jealous of how close you are to the mountains for winter activities, not to mention how active people are out there.

Given my recent introduction and obsession with golf though, I'm pretty happy with the outcome of staying in CA.

Having seasons is quite a change. Still use to being able to play golf all year in shorts.

I can tell all SoCal THPers that we will once again have at least one THP Event in the area in 2016 for the Albatross Club members that are there.

based on information in another thread, the wording you used just brought a huge :joy: to my face. If this is what I'm thinking it is then :bananadance::banana: bring it on!!!

Looks like Costco is selling Oak Creek and Strawberry gift cards again. Bought one last year that had a round at each track. Looks like they separated them this year. The Oak Creek one has 2 rounds of golf @ 160 and Strawberry has 1 round @ 80. Hell of a deal knowing what their normal green fees are.

Looks like Costco is selling Oak Creek and Strawberry gift cards again. Bought one last year that had a round at each track. Looks like they separated them this year. The Oak Creek one has 2 rounds of golf @ 160 and Strawberry has 1 round @ 80. Hell of a deal knowing what their normal green fees are.

i live in irvine right next to both those courses. big discount from rack rates, but still overpriced imo. that's what you get for living in orange county though.

i live in irvine right next to both those courses. big discount from rack rates, but still overpriced imo. that's what you get for living in orange county though.
I am in Irvine also. Looking for a round this weekend?

Costco sells golf gift cards???
Might have to renew my Costco membership after all.

My Costco has gift cards to Monarch Dunes and Avila Beach. Sometimes we will see local courses offered as well.

Can it be used on a weekend?

From what I can remember thing on the weekends it any time 12 and after. There was a 25 fee for tee times before noon

From what I can remember thing on the weekends it any time 12 and after. There was a 25 fee for tee times before noon
Thats what I thought thanks

I played CrossCreek with a Costco Coupon last weekend for $35 to Costco & $15 at the Course for a 6:40 tee time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a tournament at River Ridge ⛳ course 1/2/2016. 10 am

Should be fun. All welcomed PM for details. .
$80 tournament fees with cart.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anyone going to the Farmers Insurance open? I decided not to volunteer because of the time commitment but I'm planning on going at least one day. Would be fun to go with a THPer or two.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone going to the Farmers Insurance open? I decided not to volunteer because of the time commitment but I'm planning on going at least one day. Would be fun to go with a THPer or two.

I wish. Unfortunately I'll probably have to work considering I'm making the following weekend a 4 day weekend in Laughlin for the superbowl and some golf.

Btw... I'm Kevin and it's nice to meet you guys. I'm in Corona and I'm a golfoholic. lol

Btw... I'm Kevin and it's nice to meet you guys. I'm in Corona and I'm a golfoholic. lol
Nice to meet ya Kevin! Hopefully we will be able to tee it up some time!

I plan on attending . I was a volunteer also last year but will pass this year. What days you looking at going?

I plan on attending . I was a volunteer also last year but will pass this year. What days you looking at going?
Think I'm going to try for Friday and avoid the weekend crowds.

Hey guys, for anyone located in San Diego I've got 2 spots open for Sea N Air in NAS CORONADO on MLK day 0800. Let me know if anyone is interested in playing

Think I'm going to try for Friday and avoid the weekend crowds.

im thinking the same thing. As the event gets closer PM me ur number and we'll hook up at the event.

Just found out I have a twosome for the Monday After the FARMERS on the north course.

What time you want me there?

6:30am call time. Shotgun starts at 7:00am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back