A thread for SoCal golfers.

Make it happen! I'm not real familiar with the wines around Los Olivos, but if she wants to visit Edna Valley or Paso Robles, i can get you pointed in the right direction for local wineries.

I think I can recommend a few good ones in my area. There's one 3 miles from LP that is great - Melville.

Would love to have you guys come up, and I am sure there will be some other spouses that might want to do a wine tour as well.

In LA area for a few days...any recommendations on Golf courses to play? Much appreciated.

In LA area for a few days...any recommendations on Golf courses to play? Much appreciated.

For a really good price, Rustic Canyon in Moorpark is incredible. Tierra Rejada in Moorpark is also a really fun one.

For a really good price, Rustic Canyon in Moorpark is incredible. Tierra Rejada in Moorpark is also a really fun one.

I second this. Both great courses. Both completely different than one another.
Ricky, let's play a round as soon as you're out of school. I know I've been saying this for a year now. haha

I second this. Both great courses. Both completely different than one another.
Ricky, let's play a round as soon as you're out of school. I know I've been saying this for a year now. haha
Man Wonton, I totally agree haha. We really have been saying this for a year. June is crazy busy for me, but let's actually plan to play in July!

Negotiations are going well. That would be cool if anyone else wanted to join us for some winery action and we'd appreciate the recommendations. It's waaaaaay easier to go on these outings when I bring the missus along. She loves to travel and she's good at finding hotel deals. What's the pricing on the rounds looking like? My only concern is we both work for the school district and both go unpaid from mid June to mid August. Last year I saved a nice chunk for the summer. This year I blew it all on fast women and slow horses.

It's been years since I played Tierra Rejada but I have good memories of that place.

Does anyone know what that course off the 210 before you hit the 5 freeway is? It looks like a links style and looks like a lotta fun.

Negotiations are going well. That would be cool if anyone else wanted to join us for some winery action and we'd appreciate the recommendations. It's waaaaaay easier to go on these outings when I bring the missus along. She loves to travel and she's good at finding hotel deals. What's the pricing on the rounds looking like? My only concern is we both work for the school district and both go unpaid from mid June to mid August. Last year I saved a nice chunk for the summer. This year I blew it all on fast women and slow horses.

I think Schanker said La Purisma would be $50 with cart (which is a great deal IMHO) and Monarch Dunes was $75 with cart last year, I think it will be about that.

I think Schanker said La Purisma would be $50 with cart (which is a great deal IMHO) and Monarch Dunes was $75 with cart last year, I think it will be about that.

Those are great prices! I'll know for sure shortly but this is looking really good.

It's been years since I played Tierra Rejada but I have good memories of that place.

Does anyone know what that course off the 210 before you hit the 5 freeway is? It looks like a links style and looks like a lotta fun.

I think your talking about Angeles National. Tough but fun course. Conditions are always good.

Anyone play River Course in Alisal? Heading to Solvang this weekend for a wedding and going to get in 18 tomorrow morning. Any tips or feedback about the course? And yes, Ive played La Purisima.:act-up:

Moving to SoCal this month. Looking for any recommendations on private clubs. I'll be living in Redondo Beach, but am willing to drive for it. Just don't want to go further than Porter ranch/Valencia North or San Juan Capistrano in South at the absolute farthest. My requirement for the club is that they have a junior executive program as I'm only 25, and the membership not be so large that it's impossible to play a 3.5 hour round weekdays, or have difficulty getting on course on weekends. Ideally will have fitness center and tennis, biggest perk would be a club that has some sort of caddie program. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM Dan, let me kow if you have any questions.

Thanks Mike!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Anyone play River Course in Alisal? Heading to Solvang this weekend for a wedding and going to get in 18 tomorrow morning. Any tips or feedback about the course? And yes, Ive played La Purisima.:act-up:

Sent you a PM Dan, let me kow if you have any questions.

River Course is fun. Not a lot of variety between holes, but is in good shape. What you see is what you get, not that difficult of a course. Greens roll pretty nice. If you've played LP its probably the 2nd best course in the area.

River Course is fun. Not a lot of variety between holes, but is in good shape. What you see is what you get, not that difficult of a course. Greens roll pretty nice. If you've played LP its probably the 2nd best course in the area.

Glad to hear it! I would have played LP again as I remember it to be fantastic course, but I wanted to try something new. Plus a friend joining me is still new to the game and based on slope rating, I figured River would be a better round for him.

Thanks

Glad to hear it! I would have played LP again as I remember it to be fantastic course, but I wanted to try something new. Plus a friend joining me is still new to the game and based on slope rating, I figured River would be a better round for him.

Thanks

River is definitely better for beginners. I wish I could join you, but I'm busy tomorrow.

River is definitely better for beginners. I wish I could join you, but I'm busy tomorrow.

That's a shame, would have been great to meet/play with another member. 830 tee time of you free up

Playing PGA West Stadium in two weeks for the first time. Has anyone been there recently? Hopefully it wont be 112 degrees!

A thread for SoCal golfers.

Playing PGA West Stadium in two weeks for the first time. Has anyone been there recently? Hopefully it wont be 112 degrees!

Haven't been there recently but within past 8 months. Course is tough regardless of tees you choose and will challenge you all day but if you enjoy yourself and take in the experience you will have a lot of fun. Also holes 16 & 17 are my favorite. If you get time and no one is rushing you, trying hitting out of the greenside bunker on 16, left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back