If playing solo I pack stuff up and leave. 9 out of 10 times I end up at Chipotle. After eating then shower if needed or look at stats on whichever app I used.

If playing with friends we all always decide that we have to leave right away afterwards but then end up chatting by our vehicles for awhile. When I get home then it's same routine as when I play solo: food, shower, stats.

Depends. Thursday we played a local course that has a pretty good restaurant above the clubhouse. We had 2 foursomes that day, but the course wasn't too crowded so we were able to play quickly. We adjourned to the upstairs patio for food and drinks. I had 2 new,to me, draft beers, and a very good meal. Altogether a delightful experience.

Besides, at 68, I'm already sore enough after the round. The last thing I'd wasnt to do is hit more balls!

I don’t have a normal group. Usually if I’m playing with others it’s fellow forum members. I don’t get to see those guys often so we usually try to find a place to eat and hang out after the round. The 2+ hour drive afterwards doesn’t bother me. It’s well worth it to hang out with those guys

I usually have 11-15 minutes to hang out until I boot home.

I just head home after a round. No hanging out for me, I don't have a group that I play regularly with.

Sometimes hang and eat and have a beer others got to bolt home to get some things done.

I will occasionally hang out for a drink, but usually we will all go to a nearby restaurant. Unless we're at a club with good food like Caledonia most of the club food around here is pretty mediocre.

Usually have to get home after the round. It’s nice treat when I can stay and grab lunch and a beer. Two kids under 5 to get home to makes it hard for that to happen.

For the past 23 years I’ve mostly had to leave right after a round because of family obligations but I have more free time now that I’m retired and in August my youngest will have her drivers license so I should be mostly free to hang out and have lunch and/or beers after golf.

On weekends when we tee off at 7 AM we just head right home as the honey-do list is usually pretty big. On Friday afternoons our regular foresome has a match (2 vs. 2) and the losing team has to buy the winning team a refreshment so will hang around the clubhouse for 30 minutes or so and go over highs and lows of match.

every round is different. I like to play early, so those rounds, I usually head home. When I play Wednesday evenings with the Brother-in-law , we hang out after shooting the breeze and having a few beverages. When I play with my kid, 99% of the time he talks me into getting food. Other random rounds, it depends on the situation.

Usually straight home. Would love to hang out and grab some food after but most places we play don't have a lot of meal options

I prefer to have a beer or two, some food and hang out and chat if we can. Always nice to shoot the breeze and talk about the good, the bad, the other from the round.

Friday: hang out for a beer(s) and dinner.
Every other day: straight home.

I play with a few different groups. It can pretty much be all of those at one time or another. Friday we hung out and had a couple pitchers. Thursday I think we bolted.

Usually, I am heading home to get something to eat. I rarely eat at the course.

If it's folks I know, I'll hang out for drinks and/or food of course. If it's randoms, I'll certainly join if invited, but that rarely happens. I'm getting so old it's rare I have enough energy to go to the range. If I'm feeling particularly energetic I'd rather consider another nine.

Usually depends on who I’m playing with. I’d say more times than not we grab lunch somewhere.

Drinks, a bit of food every Saturday or Sunday. During the week, one day is the same.

We just tend to load the car up and head away. Everyone has families and the golfing is a good chunk of the weekend so people tend to make a relatively quick exit.

Depends on who I am out with, sometimes I will head straight off but most of the time we will have a drink in the clubhouse, or if I am out with Jen we might have some food at the club before heading home

Depends on who, and what time. Usually grab a bite to eat unless it’s still too early when finishing in the morning.

Depends on the day and the time of the round. If I have to work the next day (3am) then I usually head straight home, but if not I'll stay and hang out.

A beer or two and settle all bets. Get home and do whatever my wife wants me to do.

Back