Amazon and PGA Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Newly inked deal could be a fans dream. Talk of thousands of shots per tournament able to be seen.

Love this!

Newly inked deal could be a fans dream. Talk of thousands of shots per tournament able to be seen.

This could be interesting..... AWS to view every shot, I can see that. Hope you will be able to follow and see every shot from your preferred player (kind of like what the Masters app did last year)

I love the ability to follow groups on PGA Live, I’m all for this!

please be included in prime, please be included in prime 🤞

According to the website, PGA Tour Live will be included and available to all Prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=18447755011

Edited: WAIT. I think I am reading incorrectly. I think you have to have a PGA Tour Live subscription to access or if just a Prime member, you get featured holes on the weekends.

Last edited:
Excellent news!

This is big. Can’t wait to check it out at launch.

Game Changer

Am i reading this wrong?

Thursday and Friday still require paid subscription?

1614722453218.png

Featured Holes on Saturday and Sunday - Free with Prime?

1614722472772.png

This is from the current view on Prime... Could change I guess after official news? Currently no subscription so top looks grayed out.

1614722526866.png

So is this part of prime? Or pga your live? I have both and I am curious if I am going to have to get a third.. which I won’t be doing.

so after the match play, pga tour live sub shall be canceled.

Am i reading this wrong?

Thursday and Friday still require paid subscription?

View attachment 8996105

Featured Holes on Saturday and Sunday - Free with Prime?

View attachment 8996106

This is from the current view on Prime... Could change I guess after official news? Currently no subscription so top looks grayed out.

View attachment 8996107
I think your correct. Needs a PGA Tour Live Subscription or if Prime only you would only get the weekend feature holes.

This is all you get with a Prime membership....2 holes on Saturday and Sunday....unless they change it.

Watch featured hole coverage with your Prime membership
Already a Prime member? Your Prime membership gives you access to select Saturday and Sunday coverage of two featured holes at no additional cost.

So, what does this new partnership mean for fans?

AWS will power Every Shot Live, an app that will provide viewers live access to every shot from every player in a tournament. Using the upcoming Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass as an example, fans will be able to see more than 32,000 shots and follow players in real time.

Fans will also be able to control their viewing experience with AWS’ TOURCast, a new, innovative leaderboard that will provide new camera angles, course navigation, speed rounds and on-demand stats.

AWS will also assist the First Tee in developing an online community for its teachers and youth leaders in order to grow the program.

The Tour will also move “nearly 100 years of media content to AWS – including video, audio, and images dating back to the 1928 Los Angeles Open” into a data lake, where live footage from future tournaments will also be streamed.

“The partnership and experience we create with the Tour will be unique,” said AWS CEO Andy Jassy. “Unlike other sports, there’s more than one ball in play on a golf course, which makes it harder for fans to follow how every player is performing. Our collaboration with the Tour will change the way that fans will be able to connect with the sport by giving them real-time access to virtually every moment on the course and letting them determine how they experience the game.”

Is this taking the place of PGATL? Co-existing but separate? The PGATL through Amazon Prime has been there a while. The Thursday - Sunday coverage doesn't seem any different than what I already have with my sub.

This sounds great, although it’s already seeming like the fine print shows it isn’t all that it seems. The live leaderboard sounds great. It’s what tour cast should be, but tour cast only records shots that make it to the telecast. I’m not sure why it took an amazon partnership to get camera access of every group but if that’s what it takes I’m all for it .

I guess we will have to wait and see how coverage is for Prime Members...

Can't wait to see what this may turn into and hope whatever features they come up with are included in the prime membership.

So Prime only gets Saturday & Sunday featured holes? Whoop De Doo :eek:

Back