Review An Overview of Xcaliber Shafts

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I know its a brand that isn't "one of the big boys", but I really hope some take the time to give it a read. This was a very enjoyable overview to write!

Great review @Jman , these look like a shaft with a great price point and some sound technology. I will keep them on my radar for when I switch to graphite this spring.

@Jman ,

Really solid review. 312 Tour Wins is not too shabby!

A couple of thoughts right off the bat:

1. The Price Point is super solid. You really cannot beat those prices compared to some of the offerings from the bigger companies.
2. The graphics are kinda Meh to me. Not that it should be the deciding factor when you purchase a shaft, but they don't do a whole lot for me.

Admittedly, I never previously paid much attention to these shafts but will now after reading this great, detailed review and going to their website for the first time. Definitely intrigued by the iron shafts and hope to give them a go some day. The easy to understand language they use when describing their shafts is a breath of fresh air as James noted in the review.

I'm ordering a few of their shafts as we speak. The Superlight 55 & Fairway wood to match. Couldn't really pass up the price. Even if they don't work out I'm only out about $150 (y)
Why is that every time there is a good write up on stuff like this I end up breaking out my credit card?? Thanks a lot @Jman ?

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading this.

Good stuff @Jman !! I have a driver fitting in two weeks and will keep an eye out for these graphite shafts

Nice write up @Jman! That is a really awesome price point. I like how they are describing what the shafts will do without being super technical.

I know its a brand that isn't "one of the big boys", but I really hope some take the time to give it a read. This was a very enjoyable overview to write!

Good read, thank you. I would think many budget minded golfers that still want to try stuff could become pretty happy with xcaliber products.

Hmmmm-- Great read as always @Jman . Poking around their site, it appears they've got something for everyone and I personally appreciate the more average golfer's description of the product. I can understand "The New Pro T6* Shaft completely eliminates the left side of the fairway. " At the price points it also appears this may be something that can be easily experimented with.

Thanks for reading you all!

Wow, I really liked the article. I'm really interested in these shafts. I bet I jump on one or two soon. Thanks for the great write up.

I wonder if CC carries these clubs in their inventory, if they do I think I will inquire about them next week when I go in for my fitting.

Very well written article @Jman I really like the simple method for figuring out which shaft you might want and their price points make my cheap little heart flutter. Definitely a brand to keep in mind next I go shaft shopping.

I wonder if CC carries these clubs in their inventory, if they do I think I will inquire about them next week when I go in for my fitting.
Last I’d heard that was a goal, but I’m not sure if it’s been accomplished yet.

As I said in the article, it makes crazy sense for them to pursue that’s path as it’s the surest way to get their products pitted against higher priced ones more consistently, imo.

Last I’d heard that was a goal, but I’m not sure if it’s been accomplished yet.

As I said in the article, it makes crazy sense for them to pursue that’s path as it’s the surest way to get their products pitted against higher priced ones more consistently, imo.

This is so true. If you think about some of the crazy high combos CC puts together, if they had these for the more "budget conscious" people, I bet they could do well there.

This is so true. If you think about some of the crazy high combos CC puts together, if they had these for the more "budget conscious" people, I bet they could do well there.
Agreed. And based on what I’ve seen from the couple I’ve tried, they do perform well.

Bumping this both out of pride and hoping that others will stop focusing on name/brand appeal or lack there of and take a look under the hood at what Xcaliber is finally really doing. There is more than meets the eye and FINALLY a firm direction.

I like what Robin is doing, but I did a shaft shootout down at Golfworks a couple of years ago when I was looking at graphite iron shafts. It came down to Recoils and Xcaliber after I'd tried 6 or so shafts and the Recoils won out due to feeling less harsh than the Xcalibers. Having said that, I may get the new Pro-X, throw it in a head and see what happens.

I like what Robin is doing, but I did a shaft shootout down at Golfworks a couple of years ago when I was looking at graphite iron shafts. It came down to Recoils and Xcaliber after I'd tried 6 or so shafts and the Recoils won out due to feeling less harsh than the Xcalibers. Having said that, I may get the new Pro-X, throw it in a head and see what happens.
I think their current hamstring to the ProX is they’re .370, they need to hit that .355 mark with that design tech to get some decently serious looks or tries imo.

I think their current hamstring to the ProX is they’re .370, they need to hit that .355 mark with that design tech to get some decently serious looks or tries imo.

They'll work in my Maltby DBM's.

They'll work in my Maltby DBM's.
That’s true, but it’s still a diameter that hamstrings them in being their only option in their most tech heavy iron shaft

I feel the exact same way. I am thinking of reshafting irons but .370 don't help me. I'm a big fan of their wood shafts and would love to give their iron shafts a shot. I do most of my own club work but excessive sanding or boring hosels makes me uncomfortable.

Back