Android Phone Thread

Currently running CM 10.2 (nightly) on my at&t galaxy s3, it's a pretty nice rom, but I'm wondering if there any that are better.

I know it's a very subjective question, but what are the best roms for a galaxy s3?

Edit: looking for something that is more stable and intended for daily use

Try the Wicked series of roms, im running it on my S4 and its excellent

Currently running CM 10.2 (nightly) on my at&t galaxy s3, it's a pretty nice rom, but I'm wondering if there any that are better.

I know it's a very subjective question, but what are the best roms for a galaxy s3?

Edit: looking for something that is more stable and intended for daily use

I usually prefer to stick with the stable releases instead of nightlies, though CM's nightlies are more stable than most.

If you're looking for stability, and you already have a custom launcher, then the base Android is probably your best bet. Sure, you lose some modification, but most of that stuff can be handled through rooted apps to control processor speed and other speed/stability/power tweaks. As soon as 4.3 comes out for Sprint I'm dumping CM and going back to Android, using ADW Launcher and getting a couple of tweak apps, combined with Juice Defender.

That being said, if you want more of that stuff as part of the ROM itself, check out AOKP. Highly customizable, almost a launcher, tweak toolset, and OS rolled into one.

I'll give that a look, thanks.

I usually prefer to stick with the stable releases instead of nightlies, though CM's nightlies are more stable than most.

If you're looking for stability, and you already have a custom launcher, then the base Android is probably your best bet. Sure, you lose some modification, but most of that stuff can be handled through rooted apps to control processor speed and other speed/stability/power tweaks. As soon as 4.3 comes out for Sprint I'm dumping CM and going back to Android, using ADW Launcher and getting a couple of tweak apps, combined with Juice Defender.

That being said, if you want more of that stuff as part of the ROM itself, check out AOKP. Highly customizable, almost a launcher, tweak toolset, and OS rolled into one.

Thanks, I use ADW ex launcher as well. I tried to go with CM 10.1 stable but it wont install because I have the older ICS bootloader, don't know why they did that. Not sure I want to chance flashing the bootloader to the jelly bean version. 10.2 is running great, the only problem I have found so far is that it does not seem to play well with zedge ringtones.

I have heard good things about liquid smooth, anyone tried that?

I know who I'll go visit to do my phone. If we ever get the Windstar thing going, I'm going to put you to work :D

tappin from my big as note2

I know who I'll go visit to do my phone. If we ever get the Windstar thing going, I'm going to put you to work :D

Anytime, its really quite easy.

Only thing I knew what yall were talking bout a couple of post ago was it delt with phones. Lol :sly:

The S4 is as easy as putting a file on the SD card, booting into recovery and saying go!

And my note2 ?

Ill have to look but I would bet its pretty similar

CWM or Goo?

Neither. At that point Its not rooted yet, you boot into the stock recovery and it takes over with a new recovery image and roots the phone.

Neither. At that point Its not rooted yet, you boot into the stock recovery and it takes over with a new recovery image and roots the phone.

Don't even have to flash a custom recovery first? That is easy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Don't even have to flash a custom recovery first? That is easy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yea it does it all for you. The devs have really stepped it up

Skim, so I apologize if this has been covered previously.

I got an S4. I want my music from itunes on it. My MacBook Pro doesn't even recognize the phone. I've got it all on my old iPhone 4s as well. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has needed to do this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I got an S4. I want my music from itunes on it. My MacBook Pro doesn't even recognize the phone. I've got it all on my old iPhone 4s as well. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has needed to do this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My fiance has a nexus 4 and I'll ask her how she does it, I know she downloaded an app but can't think what its called?

I import all mine into Google Music, that way its on my phone and I can listen on any internet connected device using the browser

I import all mine into Google Music, that way its on my phone and I can listen on any internet connected device using the browser

Thanks. Doing that now. I'm assuming you have to have network coverage to listen on your phone, though, right?

Thanks. Doing that now. I'm assuming you have to have network coverage to listen on your phone, though, right?

If you want to stream it yes, but you can download it to the phone/sd card.

I am currently researching how to put raw google OS from the nexus devices on my S4.

interesting.

I am currently researching how to put raw google OS from the nexus devices on my S4.

interesting.

The Wicked "Unwizzed" rom is based off this, I have considered doing this as well.

The Wicked "Unwizzed" rom is based off this, I have considered doing this as well.
I've seen that one. But i am trying to find pure google rom.

I've seen that one. But i am trying to find pure google rom.

Let me know what you come up with I would be interested to give it a test drive as well.

If you want to stream it yes, but you can download it to the phone/sd card.

OK, that's what I"m after. I'll try to do that today hopefully.

Back