Wklink

Reaction score
Stumbled across this board accidentally. In all honesty I'm surprised I hadn't found it before.

Background on me: 56 years old, played a lot of golf as a kid all the way through High School but joined the Army at 18 and over time the game slipped away from me. I'd play, occasionally, but maybe a half dozen times a year. Like a lot of decent (I was around a 5 Hcp my senior year) it was hard going out and playing occasionally only to see how bad you have gotten in the game. It doesn't take long when you don't practice.

Started back a few years ago after the kids have grown and my spare time increased. It is an adjustment for sure. Even when I played sporadically I could take the ball off the tee pretty far but age and 35 years of both the military and civilian jobs have taken a toll on my back. But the game seems more fun now than it did when I was a kid. I don't feel like I have to beat everyone because, well, I won't. My dad tried teaching me that 40 years ago but I didn't listen. It is much easier to flush bad shots now, even though they come more often.

I look forward to reading more things here. I do tend to travel a lot and like reading about interesting places to play in the country. Pretty much the rule now is that if I go, the clubs go with me.

I believe my wife thinks she has created a monster.

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP!!!!

Thanks for your service! What was your MOS? I was 02B with the 3rd ID Band. Oh and…

:welcome:

Thanks for your service 🇺🇸

Welcome!

:welcome: and thank you for your service!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and thanks for your service!

Welcome to THP! Fellow Army vet here. Thank you for your service!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to THP!

You lifetime story of how golf has fit, being what it was to what it is today and how it got there is very similar to mine.

Welcome to THP, you're going to like it here.

Welcome! Glad you're here

Sounds a lot like my road to THP. Welcome

Welcome and thank you for your service :thp:

Welcome to THP!

Thanks for your service! What was your MOS? I was 02B with the 3rd ID Band. Oh and…

Several over the decades. I started in 1985 out a 52D Power generation equipment repair/electrician but reclassed after a couple of years into the 91 series (91A, 91B) as a Combat Medic. I got out in 1992 and went to college and got my Bachelor's in Nursing so I commissioned in as a 66H, later on as a 66S Critical Care Nurse. I still do it now as a civilian but retired out about 10 years ago from the Army.

Welcome to THP!

Back