Any interest in a weekend Bourbon and Golf Outing in KY this fall?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I threw this idea out in the whiskey topic a long time ago but realistically I think I want to see if this is something we can throw together in the next month or so.

Here is what I propose if anyone is interested or has any suggestions. We pick a weekend in the next month or so before it gets too cold where we can come in on a Friday evening. Play early Saturday morning at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in Bardstown, KY, which is a stone's throw from Heaven Hill. We can then perhaps do a tour of the nearby Willet Distillery and a connoisseur tasting at Heaven Hill. The hit up dinner in the Louisville area. The Silver Dollar is a cool place with a great bourbon selection. Then Sunday morning play another 18 at Heritage Hill in Shepherdsville before heading home for the weekend.

Just throwing this out there if there is enough interest to make it happen in the next 4-6 weeks with relatively short notice.

KY Golfer;n8897109 said:
I’m definitely in for this. Just played MOKH today and it’s in great shape. LLIB Milkman Qwkz51 Putterbutter DataDude less go.

Nice. I've driven past there several times in my bourbon travels and always wanted to find time to play there. I definitely know my way around the bourbon down there but not too much about the golf courses.

gmiller598;n8897119 said:
Nice. I've driven past there several times in my bourbon travels and always wanted to find time to play there. I definitely know my way around the bourbon down there but not too much about the golf courses.

Anytime you wanna play just let me know.

Depending on the weekend I could definitely be in! Just let me know when you're thinking!

I'm off work Oct 5-13 but I can make other weekends work too. Both places are only about an hour drive for me, so I'm good with either/both.

Now that's my kind of golf weekend! If only KY were closer ????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the weekend of October 5-6 would work best for me. I think that should work before the fall really gets sets in.

Some other weekends could work too. I can firm up some other fall Saturdays this week to be sure. Maybe the weekend before might be an option for me too on the 28th-29th.

greekelite;n8897271 said:
Now that's my kind of golf weekend! If only KY were closer ????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Perhaps a road trip is on order once we firm up a weekend. you can grab brianmk24 for the trip from NJ as well.

I would absolutely love to do it. Unfortunately we are on a major spending freeze until my business gets in the groove and makes money.

That sounds really awesome! There's no way I could swing it from northern Michigan but I sure would love it!

Qwkz51;n8897218 said:
I'm off work Oct 5-13 but I can make other weekends work too. Both places are only about an hour drive for me, so I'm good with either/both.

The 12-13 work for me. I’d be out for whatever happens on Friday night but I’m good for the rest of the weekend.

Last edited:
dang, this one would have been amazing. but too much golf related travel already on deck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8897538 said:
dang, this one would have been amazing. but too much golf related travel already on deck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know this idea came up late for this fall and probably won’t work for a lot of people right now but perhaps we try to plan something bigger in the spring to allow more people to plan if there is a lot of interest for people to travel in for this.

Outside of golfing, bourbon is another big vice of mine so I think putting together something like this would be a lot of fun. I’m not an alcoholic and honestly don’t drink a ton but I really enjoy sipping and sampling in the bourbon world. Mixing in some golf with it just sounds perfect.

LLIB;n8897523 said:
The 12-13 work for me. I’d be out for whatever happens on Friday night but I’m good for the rest of the weekend.

The 5-6 are best for me cuz my Son's football team is off. But do whatever works better for more people.

Any other weekend I will have to miss the Saturday afternoon activities and join up later Saturday for dinner and Golf Sunday.

Last edited:
KY Golfer;n8897756 said:
The 5-6 are best for me cuz my Son's football team is off. But do whatever works better for more people.

Any other weekend I will have to miss the Saturday afternoon activities and join up later Saturday for dinner and Golf Sunday.

If the 5-6 works for everyone go ahead and do that. I would be in for Sunday’s round but not anything Saturday. I’m not much of a bourbon drinker anyway. I would be there purely for the company

gmiller598;n8897297 said:
Perhaps a road trip is on order once we firm up a weekend. you can grab brianmk24 for the trip from NJ as well.

I probably can't make it in the fall, but I'd be down for this in the spring.

I'm all in, and if I can help make this happen let me know. We could even do a fall and spring. Small group on short notice this fall and a bigger group in spring/summer!

KY Golfer;n8897756 said:

Just rearranged some stuff so I’d be in for the 5-6

So sounds like there's some interest in the 5-6. If so, let's call it for that weekend and see who shows up. It'd be great to have two foursomes, but even if just four of us show up it would be fun.

Qwkz51;n8898993 said:
So sounds like there's some interest in the 5-6. If so, let's call it for that weekend and see who shows up. It'd be great to have two foursomes, but even if just four of us show up it would be fun.

I'm definitely in for the 5/6.

That's about a 10 hour drive for me. I'm interested.

Back