caseyrc

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody have VW's that your building when not playing golf? Here's mine.
5c3751ff050c9b008a9061e7496e3379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife has a 2012 Beetle and up until a few months ago I had a 2011 CC.

Okay yeah my girlfriend used to have a beetle too. I'm not ashamed to say it was actually a fun little car to drive lol

I've owned several ('00 Passat, '02 GTI 1.8T, and '02 Passat 1.8T) and have enjoyed each. Like the looks of the new ones and might get back into one again.

I've owned several ('00 Passat, '02 GTI 1.8T, and '02 Passat 1.8T) and have enjoyed each. Like the looks of the new ones and might get back into one again.

I love the look of the mk7 gti's. I wish I would have waiting a bit longer and bought one of them.

I've got an 02 Jetta currently (though hate it) in the past I have had an 88 GTI, 71 Bus, 72 Super Beetle, and a 77 bus. I want a 71 bus again one day, but won't buy any of the newer VWs with the issues I've had with the Jetta.

I've got an 02 Jetta currently (though hate it) in the past I have had an 88 GTI, 71 Bus, 72 Super Beetle, and a 77 bus. I want a 71 bus again one day, but won't buy any of the newer VWs with the issues I've had with the Jetta.

What problems have you had with it?

I have a 2012 Passat. My first VW and like it very much.

I love the look of the mk7 gti's. I wish I would have waiting a bit longer and bought one of them.

They are sharp looking

Here are my two VWs:
526675_10150845725277736_197898590_n.jpg

902634_10151453362302736_846930674_o.jpg

I had a 2007 Rabbit (Golf everywhere else but here in the US). It was a fun little car, and the ONLY one that I've kept for longer than 2/3 years. I had a few ticky-tack issues with it, but nothing major. It was a fun little car, but I can't say that I miss it either.

My wife drives an 09 Jetta. It's been a good car, I doubt we have it much longer.

I just sold a 13 Gti which I had tuned. Was a fun car, but front wheel drive is not the way to go when tuning. Too much wheel hop/spin.

if I were to do it again, I'd buy an "R" or Audi all wheel drive.

ken

What problems have you had with it?

Tons of crap, cam tensioner issues I think it the root cause. Idles rough, used to idle rough then die, b ut now it just idles rough when you start and eventually is OK. Taken a lot of work and $$ to get it to at least be where it is. Just frustrating.

Uprated suspension, breaks, air intake and tune = 310bhp

I just an AWE exhaust in mine. I'd like to eventually lower it on H&R coils and add the tune.

I just an AWE exhaust in mine. I'd like to eventually lower it on H&R coils and add the tune.

Not sure which H&R coils you are considering, but I had the Bilstein PSS10 set in my TDI and was absolutely impressed with both ride and handling. I did swap it out for GTI suspension, but that was because of a few speed bumps I couldn't avoid.

Not sure which H&R coils you are considering, but I had the Bilstein PSS10 set in my TDI and was absolutely impressed with both ride and handling. I did swap it out for GTI suspension, but that was because of a few speed bumps I couldn't avoid.

I haven't really set my sights on a particular setup, still looking at them all. A buddy of mine had H&R on his S4 and loved them.

Just got rid of my wives 12 Tiguan with the turbo I will never own another VW. All kinds of problems.

Just got rid of my wives 12 Tiguan with the turbo I will never own another VW. All kinds of problems.

Indeed. I think you either love 'em or hate 'em. :alien:

They sure do come with issues, but that's all part of the fun! For some at least lol

I've had my Golf R for almost two weeks now and I absolutely love it. Eventually I have some mods I want to do but for now it is plenty fast.

I've had my Golf R for almost two weeks now and I absolutely love it. Eventually I have some mods I want to do but for now it is plenty fast.

The R is definitely one car I'd love to own.

Back