Saw this the other day in the neighborhood, thought you guys might appreciate it

5f876c1f263026a7f9559afae41edbfe.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's Denim Blue, which is a discontinued color, probably because only 16 year old girls should be seen driving this color.

ace1c8c2f9214c72bb1a1cfde239ecc7.jpg

AWD, VR6 swap.

Haha all joking aside, the latest ones look really great IMO. Also agree that the colour is very appropriate for who the car is intended for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's like an OLD Saveiro!

Saw this the other day in the neighborhood, thought you guys might appreciate it

5f876c1f263026a7f9559afae41edbfe.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My daughter and wife sure love the new(used) Beetle! I made my daughter help me do a full detail on it today including clay bar, polish, and wax. She learned a lot, I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
My daughter and wife sure love the new(used) Beetle! I made my daughter help me do a full detail on it today including clay bar, polish, and wax. She learned a lot, I hope.

Here's the pic.

attachment.php

We finally got a decent amount of snowfall on the roads so I really got to test the R out. Back in December we had an inch or two and it did fine. Yesterday and this morning on the unplowed roads there was between 4-6 inches and I've got to say the R handled it like a beast. Couldn't even tell the snow was there. I intentionally stopped on a hill that was unplowed and it didn't even hesitate when I started driving again. I also had too much fun at the parking lot at work, I probably got the guy plowing our lots yesterday really mad and then this morning again. If you drive it like a responsible person even in the terrible conditions we have right now in MN, its like driving on asphalt. My only complaint was the parking sensors were going crazy every time I slowed down due to the snow and ice. Here are a few photos I took after one really long drift.

WP_20160202_14_25_59_Pro_zps094ylogs.jpg

WP_20160202_16_09_33_Pro_zpsqanjwx2p.jpg

WP_20160202_14_25_57_Pro_zps7li55jhf.jpg

I was also in Germany for 10 days and its really not fair what options and models (so many wagons) they get. I saw enough of the led taillights while there that it totally confirmed that I want them. They look amazing.

After my battery died a month ago, the check engine light has come on in the last week. Took it in yesterday and after having to leave it at the dealer overnight they drove it a bit and said the rear O2 sensor is out. Going to cost almost $700 to replace it....

I have my $500 loyalty card from the TDI recall that I will be using for this, but man the cost of ownership of this thing is adding up. Can't wait for the TDI thing to get settled. If they offer me a decent amount of money for this car I will take it and get into something better.

The Amarok TDI is one heck of a truck... that we can't get in the states. :D
After my battery died a month ago, the check engine light has come on in the last week. Took it in yesterday and after having to leave it at the dealer overnight they drove it a bit and said the rear O2 sensor is out. Going to cost almost $700 to replace it....

I have my $500 loyalty card from the TDI recall that I will be using for this, but man the cost of ownership of this thing is adding up. Can't wait for the TDI thing to get settled. If they offer me a decent amount of money for this car I will take it and get into something better.

APR came out with their 2.2 ECU version so I got that updated today, the power curve is smoother and they changed how the car acts at redline. I also got a quote for some other work including my summer wheels. Turns out HRE was having a sale so I bought them. I was going to within the next two months regardless but I figured I'd save $400+. Went with FF15's. Can't wait to put them on in a couple of months.

142981859506b51edec816d5cb8bafe7b121ee189c.png

Last edited:
APR came out with their 2.2 ECU version so I got that updated today, the power curve is smoother and they changed how the car acts at redline. I also got a quote for some other work including my summer wheels. Turns out HRE was having a sale so I bought them. I was going to within the next two months regardless but I figured I'd save $400+. Went with FF15's. Can't wait to put them on in a couple of months.

142981859506b51edec816d5cb8bafe7b121ee189c.png

Such an HRE fan. Great choice.

Such an HRE fan. Great choice.

Yeah I loved their wheels, not the prices especially on their forged wheels but when they are 20% its not terrible. I was originally going to go with the FF01 but I fell in love with the 15's classic look. The place I bring my car had a sample wheel and it was perfect in person. This might be the first time I hope something actually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive so I don't have to look at them for two months.

new member here, driven VW's since i had a license.
my first car was a 1990 Corrado G60. i eventually built that motor to be a stage 4 build running about 36lbs of boost!

currently driving a MKVI GLI

i am a fan of all cars, but i primarily lean on the German side of things.

My wheels came in yesterday. They look amazing in person. Hopefully the weather is decent in April so I can put them on.
WP_20160223_17_33_05_Pro_zpsqmmcnmxf.jpg

WP_20160223_17_33_18_Pro_zpsyh8b4pts.jpg

WP_20160223_17_33_24_Pro_zpsfqhbtmey.jpg

Waiting for vw to settle tdi issue. They lost me as a customer. They killed the diesel in USA.

I've had my '16 Jetta Sport for about 3 months now. Really love the handling and pickup the car provides. I've also been tracking all my fuel ups on Fuelly.com Been averaging 32mpg's since I bought the car, and that's even driving it MUCH more aggressively than any other vehicle I've ever had. I think the only thing I've been disappointed with is the navigation. Extremely non-user friendly.

is your navigation the one where you have to plug your phone in to use? that is how my wife's 16 R-Line Tiguan is, i do not like it either, very clumsy and takes a good 2 minutes for it to even load up to the car, maybe we have a defective unit.

but i do know this, come december, i will be trading in my GLI and getting the brand new Tiguan. have BIG plans for it. basically going to make it into a V8 eater and destroy all the mustangs and WRX's hahahaha

The previous nav units vw has used were notorious for slow boot up times. Mine is the same way. The new MB II units are supposed to boot much faster and have a higher resolution screen and support car play.

good to know, my wife does not use it all that much so it is hardly noticed.

another thing that is confusing is the XM radio.
you get it free for 3 months, then they have the service at 20 dollars a month! i just cannot see anyone buying this...i mean i use Pandora from my phone via Bluetooth. just find it crazy is all.

good to know, my wife does not use it all that much so it is hardly noticed.

another thing that is confusing is the XM radio.
you get it free for 3 months, then they have the service at 20 dollars a month! i just cannot see anyone buying this...i mean i use Pandora from my phone via Bluetooth. just find it crazy is all.

Yeah. I used the satellite radio for a while then I filled up a 128gb sd card with music and I've been using that for months. I still get the letters to renew it and then I get the letters to activate my car play which I never did and wont do.

Waiting for vw to settle tdi issue. They lost me as a customer. They killed the diesel in USA.

Me too, but for a different reason. I want discounted 15 TDI's.

Yeah, I'd take a Q5/Touareg TDI in a heartbeat.
Me too, but for a different reason. I want discounted 15 TDI's.

i am actually waiting for December. im trading in my 12 GLI for the new face lift Tiguan.
however Audi does have some great deals on their SUV's.

i am actually waiting for December. im trading in my 12 GLI for the new face lift Tiguan.
however Audi does have some great deals on their SUV's.

I really hope it will be available with the TDI. Last I heard, it was still ago, but obviously, they have some things to sort first.

Back