Even bigger ouch.....

The first g is on me... After that State Farm will be picking up the tab....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even bigger ouch.....

Yeah... Dropped almost a grand on vet bills last week, then $750 for Bstone championship and this... Good thing I have savings right!!

Easily my favorite SUV out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

had it since new ('12 and 50k miles); likes to break things like adblue pumps but I've grown to love it (i'm coming from smaller cars... gti, R32, corrado, cc, etc). Traded vehicles with the wife and now she doesn't want to give it back. Hopefully VW doesn't buy this one back as I'm ready to remove and upgrade certain parts. ;-P Held up well so far with two preschoolers.

had it since new ('12 and 50k miles); likes to break things like adblue pumps but I've grown to love it (i'm coming from smaller cars... gti, R32, corrado, cc, etc). Traded vehicles with the wife and now she doesn't want to give it back. Hopefully VW doesn't buy this one back as I'm ready to remove and upgrade certain parts. ;-P Held up well so far with two preschoolers.
My buddy has one, it's the same way. Has "character" as he describes it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The adblue TDIs get a software fix from what I understand. My '11 Golf on the other hand may get the buyback. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Got my windows tinted finally. Wanted to be subtle so I went with 50% all around. I think it looks a lot better with it.
13392043_1208112875866137_7911602466048704259_o_zps7iaiggmm.jpg

Nice look! I didn't realize Rs came in 5-door.

Nice look! I didn't realize Rs came in 5-door.

Only way to get 3-door is to get the base 1.8T.

or that's how it is in Canada anyways. Can't even get a 3-door GTI anymore.

All NA R's are the 5 door. Honestly I like it better with 5 doors, it looks more finished to me plus when I have more than one passenger they can actually get in the car.

Ah, interesting. It's like how the A3 was only 5 door here.

I had a pair of Sportwagen TDI's - they were great cars, and in many ways I miss them, especially the diesel powertrain, manual transmission, fit and finish, and mini-Audi handling. I ended up consolidating my Tacoma and VW into a SCrew F150. Some of you that hang out on TDI club may be familiar with this epic 5000+ reply thread on intercooler icing (note OP handle). Kind of sums of my VW experience for better or worse.

icon4.gif
Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=302863

First was a 2010 - flipped @ ~18 months and ~60k miles.
attachment.php

Flipped for a 2012 w/ Pano Roof + Llumar Tint on the rear greenhouse for the girls.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think I will unfortunately be getting rid of my VW when the diesel settlement finally goes through. If the numbers being put out now are accurate I would get just short of $6k if I take my car in and get it "fixed". If I walk away from it I think I would get $22k, which would net me a newer car with less miles and likely much better trade in value. Like a Lexus 200ct hybrid.

We will see when it all gets finalized.

It is a shame what happened with the 2.0 TDI's, both the financial (Gov't rebates we all paid for + Emissions scandal) and technical (HPFP/"misfueling" issues, Intercooler Icing, Fuel Pump/Filtration design). When these cars are running they run SO well, truly better than gas IMO. And when they break, boy oh boy is it expensive. If the technology were not pushed right to the bleeding edge by emissions laws in the first place, and had VW not tried to cheat the flawed system, these powertrains really had something to offer.

I really really like my 2010 Jetta TDI, for many reasons, but I'm also thinking that I might take the buyout when it comes through. Will probably look to get my wife an Eos and I'll move to an SUV or truck.

Yeah, I will also be taking VW up on the buyback. I will get around 15-17k depending on how much I drive between now and the buy date.

The sad thing is I chose the Golf over the Lexus 200ct 4 years and I still like it better. I saw the 200ct at the course today, and it seams smaller, especially in the interior.

Oh well, it has been a mostly good time with the Golf, and I should count myself lucky that I will get mot of a newer car paid for if everything goes to plan right now. That and I will actually probably save some money on fuel costs as most of my driving is in town which is better suited for the hybrid.

That and not having to worry about finding a gas station with diesel when I am running low (is a problem in the bay area I have run into a few times.

The sad thing is I chose the Golf over the Lexus 200ct 4 years and I still like it better. I saw the 200ct at the course today, and it seams smaller, especially in the interior.

I noticed that too about the Lexus. It just seems to be really small. I don't blame you for wanting to walk away from the Golf for that much money.

I noticed that too about the Lexus. It just seems to be really small. I don't blame you for wanting to walk away from the Golf for that much money.

I need to do my homework before I do anything. If they can guarantee that the performance/MPGs won't really change I will take the $6k and keep the Golf for a while. It is a damn good car.

If not (which I am really doubting) then I will move on to a hybrid or something similar that get better gas mileage.

i am looking at 2012-2014 Passats. Would prefer it fairly loaded.Am I setting myself up for trouble or are these good cars. I drive about an hour each way for work. That is this car main job.Just want to comfy, good radio for sports radio and cold air.
Appreciate all feedback.

I think I love these too. Anything I should be concerned with.
Love this car. Been averaging 32mpg's even with all the traffic I sit in. And it's so much fun to drive 

f8144c7ae834d9dc8899932909ca46b6.jpg

i am looking at 2012-2014 Passats. Would prefer it fairly loaded.Am I setting myself up for trouble or are these good cars. I drive about an hour each way for work. That is this car main job.Just want to comfy, good radio for sports radio and cold air.
Appreciate all feedback.
They are great cars.

Thank you Sudseh.
Not a thing, sir. I'd even say that the TDI SEL is an even better buy, but until the fix is announced, I'd stay away.

I got a 2016 Jetta tsi last Thursday and I absolutely love it so far. It is a lot of fun to drive has great trunk space for the clubs and when I'm not on the turbo all the time it gets really good gas mileage.

Any VW owners?

It's funny, you read a lot of stories about poor VW quality then you talk to owners which I have three times this weekend and they love their cars. Jetta is really growing on me even over Passat.

Back