Anyone here have to carry 2 phones?

I did it very briefly several years ago. It sucks. Never again. The good news is that technology has made true BYOD a reality and the old excuse of "you have to carry the phone we want you to because of {made up security excuse}" is no longer real. That's not to say every company is aware of, or on board for, this new reality. But if they want to, they can enable you to not have to carry 2 phones. There is virtually no security excuse left that makes it impossible to carry what you want and still maintain security. There are all kinds of highly-secure solutions for isolating/securing company data within the phone without requiring the entire phone to be in a locked down mode. I know that doesn't help you in your current state, but it should give you hope that a better solution is possible!!

If I let work pay for a "work" phone I'd have 2 but I don't want that. I'm settling for the $20 monthly stipend for using my personal phone for work.

Hey Mark,

Can't you set up a simple call divert from the works phone to your own one?

I have two phones also. Most of the time it’s ok. The only problem is I drive a lot and I can’t use my personal phone on Bluetooth while I’m driving since the work phone is on n it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry two phones, and sometimes a radio for lot communications...

it can be a bit cumbersome at times. I usually take my phones out of my pockets when sitting. I have a plantronics bluetooth headset that can connect to both phones at the same time so I can make and receive calls from either phone.

The winter time is a bit easier cause I usually have multiple layers on with multiple pockets.

I mounted the pop socket systems in my company and personal vehicles so I can hang them in the car for easy viewing.

Hey Mark,

Can't you set up a simple call divert from the works phone to your own one?

I can, but if I have to return a call, my number will come up. I’m not bothered about giving out my number, but this business number is already in use with a few different agencies, so I’m not sure how they would go down.

#FiberLaunch

I can, but if I have to return a call, my number will come up. I’m not bothered about giving out my number, but this business number is already in use with a few different agencies, so I’m not sure how they would go down.

#FiberLaunch

In the UK, if you dial 140 (I think it is) before dialing the phone number, your number will be witheld from display at the other end.

I am sure that the Yanks will also have a system like that.

Back