Anyone Strengthened the Lofts on their MP 54s?

TC44

Reaction score
Handicap
I will be purchasing these irons. 100%. The feel is incredible and I find them plenty forgiving. I know that a number of people have had issues with the high launch and some with distance loss. Curious if any owners had the lofts strengthened, and if so, how is the turf interaction?
* my gut is to leave them the way the designers intended, but I am toying with strengthening the lofts a degree or two.
Thanks.

I game these right now with stock lofts. My suggestion would be to get fit for a shaft that works for you and gives you the ball flight you desire. If you want to bend them they would easily be bent however

I was one of the people that struggled with that aspect of these and I know a few others. In the end when I hit them side by side with the new Apex irons, I got what I wanted out of a ball flight. Im not sure lowering the lofts would be beneficial in this case without some sacrifice unless you were looking at a degree or so.

I would leave the lofts as is. But do plenty if due diligence with a shaft pairing.

If you want a stronger lofted iron you should probably buy an iron with stronger lofts, the Mizuno will dig a little more even if you bend it 1° stronger. You can do a lot with shaft selection as Blu said, I'd Ty that first.

Last edited:
My experience has been that 2° didn't cause any issues with ground interaction.

Thanks guys. I did the shaft optimizer a couple times and have swung the 6 iron with the following recommended shafts in stiff: KBS Tour, PX 5.5, Dynalite XP, and Nippon 1050. I have also tried a couple of lighter shafts, but I get fit into the mid weight shafts due to my quick tempo at the top. KBS Tour gives me the best carry, dispersion and distance so I have settled on that shaft. All the talk about these irons being short just had me considering tweeking the lofts a degree or 2. Could always do it after if need be, I suppose.

I would not be to concerend if they are shorter it just means you might hit a 7i insted of an 8i to 150 yards the number on the bottom of the club is just a number

Back